Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dOgmaster said:

I think Coker also spotted JTT and Egbuka in the background next to Jimmy Lake as well. He's still enhancing the film. More to come.

You huskies are so funny! Cause I am sure you all know that if that was true it would be a crootin violation. Its more likely its jeremy stevens and hope solo drinking beer on the sidelines.
    If you’re bashing French Dips, then I’m out.
  • Options
    mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Haener is 14-17 210 yards 2 TDs at halftime

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,935
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    mrdoog said:

Are they letting parents (his mom) attend?
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    damn he threw three int against hawaii
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    people here severely underestimate how huge a role the haener drama of last year lead to pete quitting. haener isn't anything special but he legitimately beat eason out in fall camp
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    mrdoog said:

He had 3 picks and a fumble last week va Hawaii
  • Options
    StLouisDawgStLouisDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 487
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Founders Club
    What I can’t figure out is how we keep recruiting quarterbacks with poor throwing form. The midget kid throws almost a half sidearm style with the release point so early and low it looks like he’s pushing the ball.

Cyler and all the jakes had a lot of the same, right down to the bad feet and that annoying kick of the free foot at the end.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Lake mentioned Asa as someone who has really thrived this year and has been instructing DBs (Not names Molden/Taylor/McDuffie) on assignments and technique.

Kid is balling out.
    Asa is going to be a monster in this defense. A big rangy safety that can cover TEs is one of the few things that our D hasn't had through the Petersen/Lake era.

With so many people here dogging the offense, I truly think we're going to be halfway decent. Our skill positions are going to be quite good. I'm more worried about the OL than I am the QB.

I'm thinking we'll grade our offense as around a C/C+ and Defense will be an A-/B+ this year. Both of those would be substantial upgrades from last year.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Jimmy mentioned in an interview yesterday that he is an equal opportunity employer. And what he means by that is that he needs someone to step up and take the job. And just because he is named the starter, it doesn’t mean he’s going to stay that way. He’s had starters on the defense that get pulled after game 3 (Kyler Gordon for Trent McDuffie last year, Cam Williams for Brandon McKinney).

“Our coaches grade every practice and every scrimmage. Every game that we’ve had internally. We really lean off those. I tell the guys all the time, the film is going to tell us. Who knows the plays? Who can regurgitate the play in the huddle? Who can execute it? Who can see the coverage? Who can make a play when a blitzer is in your face? Who can get us into a good play? Who can lead the team? And all those add up day after day after day, and by the end of this week hopefully we are going to know who that is going to be. But it’s never final either. At any position it’s never final. This is a constant battle, it’s a constant competition. And everyone knows that on this team, that you can never sit back and relax because I’m the starter. No no no no, now is the time for you to perform.”

I know there is a lot of hand wringing about multiple QBs playing and sharing reps. But honestly for me, I like that Jimmy is bringing his philosophy from the defense over to the full team. You don’t start because you’re a veteran (Opera Singer). You don’t get to relax and be lazy because you’re the incumbent (Browning). You’re going to earn the job, and once you do, you’re going to perform or you’re going to lose it.

And if none of these QBs can do it, then you pick the best of the shits and you run the fucking ball and play amazing defense and The Chosen One takes over next year. ISHIT.
    If you don’t think that CP, one of the best coaches in college football, didn’t do this, I don’t know what to tell you. All coaches do this.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Gwad said:

I remember hearing that Jimmy does a lot of his defense study by attending offensive seminars or whatever. So maybe that is why he got Donovan so he could low key be the OC.

He gets the credit or blame anyway
    seems racist