Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,208
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Per insider dawgman poster, starting qb has been announced and Sirmon probably shouldn't be alone tonight

He was never going to win the job. Going into the offseason, I couldn't find one person within the husky program who thought he was going to win the job. He's just not a good QB no matter how much husky twitter tries to hype him up.
    This guy is such a fucking moron
    That boy ain't right
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sirmon has always been talented. He has also always sucked. Teams weren’t crawling over themselves to snatch him from the portal.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I am hearing Sirmon has the biggest dick in the QB room, rather easily. Say 34.17"?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Per insider dawgman poster, starting qb has been announced and Sirmon probably shouldn't be alone tonight

He was never going to win the job. Going into the offseason, I couldn't find one person within the husky program who thought he was going to win the job. He's just not a good QB no matter how much husky twitter tries to hype him up.
    I’m truly gutted and feel sick to my stomach reading this.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Continues the theme of Thompson winning the job to manage the game because he’s thrown 600 passes in college games and is mobile. Run the ball. Hit play action up the seams to Otton/Redman and over the top to Puka/Bynum/Rome with a smattering of Osborne/Spiker/McMillan. Smother the other team with your defense. Get through this year. ISHIT.
    Can you hit seam routes if you can’t get it there?
    Oh stop. Thomson will be able to throw it 30-40 up the seam. Lot of good Eason’s strongest arm in college history did last year, and I was JO to it nonstop.

Eason: 260 of 405 for 3132 yards 23 TD and 8 INT

Thomson: 265 of 450 for 3216 yards 27 TD and 8 INT with 619 yards on the ground with 12 TD.

Guys play well with average arms all the time if they make good decisions with anticipation. And if Thomson can’t do it then he won’t play anyway.
    Pac12= Big Sky POTD
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Continues the theme of Thompson winning the job to manage the game because he’s thrown 600 passes in college games and is mobile. Run the ball. Hit play action up the seams to Otton/Redman and over the top to Puka/Bynum/Rome with a smattering of Osborne/Spiker/McMillan. Smother the other team with your defense. Get through this year. ISHIT.
    Can you hit seam routes if you can’t get it there?
    Oh stop. Thomson will be able to throw it 30-40 up the seam. Lot of good Eason’s strongest arm in college history did last year, and I was JO to it nonstop.

Eason: 260 of 405 for 3132 yards 23 TD and 8 INT

Thomson: 265 of 450 for 3216 yards 27 TD and 8 INT with 619 yards on the ground with 12 TD.

Guys play well with average arms all the time if they make good decisions with anticipation. And if Thomson can’t do it then he won’t play anyway.
    Pac12= Big Sky POTD
    Ignoring actual performance in camp and starting the guy who came in 3rd or 4th in the qb competition is clearly the way to go
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ahh 2018, when our injured and broken team limped into autzen and almost pulled it out until petersen shrivel dicked into a loss. we had fucking sean mcgrew and bain in during crunchtime lmao

oregon slobbers at the mouth for 2 weeks while we played a late road game the week before

never in a thousand years would the SEC fuck its rivalry games up like that. saban would burn them to the ground.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    PGOS has been telling people for over a year that Morris is going to be the starter. Doogs weren't a fan because that meant the Savior probably wouldn't start as a true frosh.

People forget that PGOS is right 99.81% of the time.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pet
    Emoterman said:

Doogles said:

It really can't be understated how awful the offense under Hamdan was. They consistently put the D in shitty position after shitty position, it's amazing the D graded out so well.

I don't know if Donovan is good or not, but the bar for him to clear is pretty low.

We have athletes. Simplify the plan, move chains, keep the D fresh, profit. Letting the ballers ball will most likely upgrade offensive output more than any scheme change Donovan can bring.

O line is the biggest worry, i've yet to see a UW Oline perform well against an elite DL. Our ability to manhandle the little sisters of the poor is well documented, but can we run it down Oregon's throat in the 4th?

People forget we were ram-jamming it down Oregon's throat in the 4th before Pete shrivel-dicked and settled for a FG. People forget that.
    Lost the game right there.