Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2020]

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,214
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    dnc said:

We still have to see the games. This is still sizzle. I suspect our offense sucks and we don’t have a QB, but because coaches aren’t hyping up the QB’s doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

Win the games. A PAC 12 title is the expectation. We have talent. It can’t be all horrible.

Thank you, Roadie. Let's play the fucking games and make a determination then. Far too many insufferable miserable fucks on here. It's like it's cool to be a whiny cunt.
    New here?
    No, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous. This place is a fucking cult psychology case study and many of you are drinking the punch. With what goes on in the Tug, I shouldn't be surprised.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 782
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    chuck said:

Woof said:

guntlove said:

Some doog jerk off material for you all. This guy posts on dawgman and claims to have inside knowledge (friend or parent of a player or something)

"I’m hearing that the players absolutely love the new scheme. I guess it’s attack mode all the time. They are really trying to stretch the field in the pass game. Night and day different than what we have grown accustomed to over the last couple years. Think Pro-Style in today’s games, means explosive. At least that’s the vibe I’m getting from what I’m hearing. My friend told me today that the first team wideouts were Ty (outside), Bynum (slot), Rome (outside). Second team Chin (outside), Osbourne (Slot), McMillan (outside). All 4 QB’s again spilt reps equally. I’m hoping I have some really juicy intel for you guys after Saturday’s practice game. I have a feeling that they are going to widdle competition down to two."

"I hearing that Austin is having a lights out camp. Pretty sure Molden mentioned him in an interview the other day that he was one of the receivers that is breaking out. Sounds like he is gonna be in the mix in a major way this year."

"It sounds like every player in the secondary will be playing on Sundays. At least that’s what my friends son told him. I guess Asa Turnes is an F’ing Monster. Watch out for that guy."

"Rome has been running with the 1’s all week. Not much to say about the D other than I’m hearing the same as everyone else, secondary is ridiculous! I’ll try to get another update by the end of the week."

He also says Puka and Spiker are definitely hurt and that there is no clear qb leader yet.

Man I can't wait to lose to Cal again
    This. The sweet, sweet tears of unfathomable doog sadness are going to be extra tasty after we shit the bed on November 7th.

Also, the non-stop use of 'aggressive' and 'attack mode' is already fucking tiresome. Unfortunately the aggressive/attack mode ethos doesn't extend to Jimmy when it comes to staffing and recruiting.
    The John Donovan fan in me is excited for our aggressive use of bubble screens and downhill east-west running attack.
    Kids these days have no sense of direction. The idea is to get the defense thinking north is to their left and south is to the right, then you

dnc said:

We still have to see the games. This is still sizzle. I suspect our offense sucks and we don’t have a QB, but because coaches aren’t hyping up the QB’s doesn’t necessarily mean anything.

Win the games. A PAC 12 title is the expectation. We have talent. It can’t be all horrible.

Thank you, Roadie. Let's play the fucking games and make a determination then. Far too many insufferable miserable fucks on here. It's like it's cool to be a whiny cunt.
    New here?
    No, but that doesn't make it any less ridiculous. This place is a fucking cult psychology case study and many of you are drinking the punch. With what goes on in the Tug, I shouldn't be surprised.
    Complaining about stupidity here as though it surprises you doesn't say anything good about your own intelligence Ern.

Predictions based on the uninformative shit we hear during camp is normal. Actually throwing up your hands in disgust and surrender based on it is HH level stupid and a point of pride. Its a guaranteed way to rack up some updates and chins. Its also therapeutic, or so I've gathered. This place is here to help.
    Chuck is a healer.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    chuck said:

Woof said:

guntlove said:

Some doog jerk off material for you all. This guy posts on dawgman and claims to have inside knowledge (friend or parent of a player or something)

"I’m hearing that the players absolutely love the new scheme. I guess it’s attack mode all the time. They are really trying to stretch the field in the pass game. Night and day different than what we have grown accustomed to over the last couple years. Think Pro-Style in today’s games, means explosive. At least that’s the vibe I’m getting from what I’m hearing. My friend told me today that the first team wideouts were Ty (outside), Bynum (slot), Rome (outside). Second team Chin (outside), Osbourne (Slot), McMillan (outside). All 4 QB’s again spilt reps equally. I’m hoping I have some really juicy intel for you guys after Saturday’s practice game. I have a feeling that they are going to widdle competition down to two."

"I hearing that Austin is having a lights out camp. Pretty sure Molden mentioned him in an interview the other day that he was one of the receivers that is breaking out. Sounds like he is gonna be in the mix in a major way this year."

"It sounds like every player in the secondary will be playing on Sundays. At least that’s what my friends son told him. I guess Asa Turnes is an F’ing Monster. Watch out for that guy."

"Rome has been running with the 1’s all week. Not much to say about the D other than I’m hearing the same as everyone else, secondary is ridiculous! I’ll try to get another update by the end of the week."

He also says Puka and Spiker are definitely hurt and that there is no clear qb leader yet.

This. The sweet, sweet tears of unfathomable doog sadness are going to be extra tasty after we shit the bed on November 7th.

Also, the non-stop use of 'aggressive' and 'attack mode' is already fucking tiresome. Unfortunately the aggressive/attack mode ethos doesn't extend to Jimmy when it comes to staffing and recruiting.
    The John Donovan fan in me is excited for our aggressive use of bubble screens and downhill east-west running attack.
    Kids these days have no sense of direction. The idea is to get the defense thinking north is to their left and south is to the right, then you

dnc said:

New here?
    Complaining about stupidity here as though it surprises you doesn't say anything good about your own intelligence Ern.

Predictions based on the uninformative shit we hear during camp is normal. Actually throwing up your hands in disgust and surrender based on it is HH level stupid and a point of pride. Its a guaranteed way to rack up some updates and chins. Its also therapeutic, or so I've gathered. This place is here to help.
    Just because there's a rich history in here of being kneejerk ignorant retards doesn't mean we need to continue being kneejerk ignorant retards. I'm fighting for a better tomorrow. Let's keep that shit in the Tug.

You're one of the best posters here, chuck. Although you have been going down the rabbit hole a little bit more lately. I trust that you'll come back to the light.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    @Ballz might have someone new to yell at than just Chester. Tick tick tick
  • Options
    Founders Club

chuck said:

Woof said:

guntlove said:

dnc said:

New here?

Just because there's a rich history in here of being kneejerk ignorant retards doesn't mean we need to continue being kneejerk ignorant retards. I'm fighting for a better tomorrow. Let's keep that shit in the Tug.

You're one of the best posters here, chuck. Although you have been going down the rabbit hole a little bit more lately. I trust that you'll come back to the light.
    When your balls drop pay us a visit
    I'd rather listen to Creed on repeat, but thanks for the invite.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020

chuck said:

Woof said:

guntlove said:

dnc said:

New here?

There was once a time when this place was considered smart. And it is compared to the other options.

Fans are fans. I don’t know why it bothers you so much. We are trained to expect the worst. It’s just interaction on a message board filled with various fans. We only get a little information and John Donovan and the QB’s aren’t very inspiring.
    The offense might suck ass, but it might not. That's why we play the games. I don't make sweeping claims based on practice videos. Jimmy hasn't coached a game yet. Until he does, I know nothing, and neither does anyone else.

It shouldn't be a point of pride to expect the worst, be hyper-negative, and make baseless claims. That shit is reinforced here. I'm trained to back everything with facts, logic, and proof, so yeah, it bugs me sometimes. I realize it shouldn't but it is what it is.

There's a lot of good here, which is why I keep coming back. You're usually one of the good ones, Roadie.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Again, no idea what you're goin' on about.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2020

digits said:

Good to see Culp with some receptions in camp, he needs to redeem himself come game time after dropping that can-of-corn for a huge 1st down and more vs 0reg0n, or was it Utah, or was it abundance?

He looks good, trimmed down a bit.

But then again, I don't make sweeping claims based on practice videos.
    Great. You're learning. Culp probably still sucks balls and will drop crucial 4th downs because I've seen it.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

digits said:

Good to see Culp with some receptions in camp, he needs to redeem himself come game time after dropping that can-of-corn for a huge 1st down and more vs 0reg0n, or was it Utah, or was it abundance?

He looks good, trimmed down a bit.

But then again, I don't make sweeping claims based on practice videos.
    Great. You're learning. Culp probably still sucks balls and will drop crucial 4th downs because I've seen it.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    Standard Supporter
    If Sirmon is throwing to Culp, who is being defended by Esteen and McKinney, he's likely not running with the 1s
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Throwing to Culp between Esteen and McKinney?

Sirmon to 4th string confirmed.