Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dick Newt vs Chris Polk.

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Alexis said:

Man, this bored usually ends up hating all of our (?) players. But in the case of Newton, I didn't think it would be so soon.

Is the Wild Dick as good as Polk was as a SR. No. Could he be, with Keith Price as his QB, and the greatest offensive mind in College football Steve Sarkesian calling plays. (Hi Kirk Herbstreit). Maybe. Maybe not. I'm in the LIFPO crowd.

Had a dog I named Alexis. Have a dog currently named Polk. Next dog will undoubtedly be named Wild Dick. I'm never wrong with choosing really good Saturday running backs as dog names. So I'm going to say, he'll be good enough. Take all the screenshots you need.

If Newton got 250 carries like Polk did, I don’t think it’s entirely impossible that he would put up similar numbers.

Polk was great tho. I remember his back to back 50+ yard TD’s when we got blown out by Stanford in 2011, he got 170+ yards against Nebraska in the Holliday Bowl. He was a really good RB. I don’t care that he wasn’t a highly coveted NFL prospect. Neither was Gaskin. Sankey was drafted in the 2nd round but flamed our quickly. It doesn’t make them any less of a player at UW.
    And this proves you’re retarded.

He would have been a day 2 guy if he didn’t get hurt
    Nothing I said was retarded. I really liked Polk and thought he was good. I think he’s better than Newton. It’s also early in Newton’s career. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t much kore than he’s shown. A good power runner. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he took off in a year or two and was an All Conference back. He’s a freshman that played well in his freshman year.

Someone who cries and spreads bullshit information all the time thinks someone else is retarded?
    Newton is nowhere near the talent level of Polk. Shut the fuck up. Newton isn’t even going to be the lead back here. Keep pumping up MWC level players!!!
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    Polk was projected as a 2-3 round guy prior to the draft by many mock experts. His shoulder and knee were big red flags for teams and rightfully so. His shoulder was always falling out.

Rumors that sark bad mouthed him for either attitude or work ethic but who knows. He definitely didn’t work on his body much the longer he was in college. Do t know if that was due to his shoulder issues though. Absolute stud regardless.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,924 Swaye's Wigwam
    JFC Newton looks to have 4.7-4.8 speed. He has moves, some vision, and power. He is not any bigger or more powerful than Chris Polk and would lose a 40 yard race by about five yards. He doesn't have speed to get to the secondary against decent defenses, let alone past the secondary.

Newton is just fine in his role. He's not going to be something he doesn't have the tools for. Get faster? That has to be a joke right? Every player works on their speed. The ones who were already fast get faster too. Nothing really changes along those lines.

Alexis said:

Man, this bored usually ends up hating all of our (?) players. But in the case of Newton, I didn't think it would be so soon.

Is the Wild Dick as good as Polk was as a SR. No. Could he be, with Keith Price as his QB, and the greatest offensive mind in College football Steve Sarkesian calling plays. (Hi Kirk Herbstreit). Maybe. Maybe not. I'm in the LIFPO crowd.

Had a dog I named Alexis. Have a dog currently named Polk. Next dog will undoubtedly be named Wild Dick. I'm never wrong with choosing really good Saturday running backs as dog names. So I'm going to say, he'll be good enough. Take all the screenshots you need.

If Newton got 250 carries like Polk did, I don’t think it’s entirely impossible that he would put up similar numbers.

Polk was great tho. I remember his back to back 50+ yard TD’s when we got blown out by Stanford in 2011, he got 170+ yards against Nebraska in the Holliday Bowl. He was a really good RB. I don’t care that he wasn’t a highly coveted NFL prospect. Neither was Gaskin. Sankey was drafted in the 2nd round but flamed our quickly. It doesn’t make them any less of a player at UW.

Nothing I said was retarded. I really liked Polk and thought he was good. I think he’s better than Newton. It’s also early in Newton’s career. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t much kore than he’s shown. A good power runner. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he took off in a year or two and was an All Conference back. He’s a freshman that played well in his freshman year.

Someone who cries and spreads bullshit information all the time thinks someone else is retarded?
    Newton is nowhere near the talent level of Polk. Shut the fuck up. Newton isn’t even going to be the lead back here. Keep pumping up MWC level players!!!
    What the fuck are you talking about? Culp and Sirmon are MWC level players. Newton has produced in the PAC 12.

I like to criticize Newton but get mad when someone says Culp looks like he sucks.
    I dont think Culp has caught a pass yet has he? He looks pretty special running routes.

I havent seen much in the way of blocking from him either.

Physically talented player who doesn't seem to be worth a damn...
    chuck said:

Alexis said:

What the fuck are you talking about? Culp and Sirmon are MWC level players. Newton has produced in the PAC 12.

I like to criticize Newton but get mad when someone says Culp looks like he sucks.
    I dont think Culp has caught a pass yet has he? He looks pretty special running routes.

Culp is on my shit list. Nothing good has come from him this past year when he has been in. Westover right now is way better. Hopefully he can find a way to at least contribute next year.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2019

chuck said:

Alexis said:

Culp is on my shit list. Nothing good has come from him this past year when he has been in. Westover right now is way better. Hopefully he can find a way to at least contribute next year.
    I just want Redman to pass him and be the 2nd TE. I think it happens. Hopefully Kizer can be healthy enough to be a blocking TE. Kizer is actually a good athlete with one of the highest verts on the team. Westover too. I really don’t think Culp is anything special as an athlete.

I don’t trust it to happen with Culp. He does not pass the look test at all. He looks slow and clumsy. Westover can be a good FB/Hback when we need that type on the field.

chuck said:

Alexis said:

I just want Redman to pass him and be the 2nd TE. I think it happens. Hopefully Kizer can be healthy enough to be a blocking TE. Kizer is actually a good athlete with one of the highest verts on the team. Westover too. I really don’t think Culp is anything special as an athlete.

I don’t trust it to happen with Culp. He does not pass the look test at all. He looks slow and clumsy. Westover can be a good FB/Hback when we need that type on the field.
    Kaiser is underrated. Him coming back fully healthy would be big.

Culp looked like a good athlete coming in. I agree he looked lumbering and clumsy this season though. Maybe not handling the weight he's gained very well.

Alexis said:

What the fuck are you talking about? Culp and Sirmon are MWC level players yet you got defensive when I said Culp looked like trash, which I think everyone can agree.

Newton has produced in the PAC 12. I like players that produce. Fags like you thought BBK sucked. If they don’t have 4 stars and didn’t tweet back to you, you hate them. We get it.

I like to criticize Newton but get mad when someone says Culp looks like he sucks. He had a good freshman year. That’s it. He’s certainly better than a MWC level player. He just dominated and played better against a MWC team than Ahmed did. But, but... “Ahmed has burst! He tweets me back.”

They are both pretty good RB’s with different strengths. Quit playing favorites based on tbs sizzle. You’re the fucking worst poster here, and there are a lot of bad ones.
    Lol @ already judging sirmon and culp.

I like physically talented kid. Sometimes they’ll flame out but most of the time they’ll be good. Football is not hard

Alexis said:

What the fuck are you talking about? Culp and Sirmon are MWC level players yet you got defensive when I said Culp looked like trash, which I think everyone can agree.

Newton has produced in the PAC 12. I like players that produce. Fags like you thought BBK sucked. If they don’t have 4 stars and didn’t tweet back to you, you hate them. We get it.

I like to criticize Newton but get mad when someone says Culp looks like he sucks. He had a good freshman year. That’s it. He’s certainly better than a MWC level player. He just dominated and played better against a MWC team than Ahmed did. But, but... “Ahmed has burst! He tweets me back.”

They are both pretty good RB’s with different strengths. Quit playing favorites based on tbs sizzle. You’re the fucking worst poster here, and there are a lot of bad ones.

They hardly ran Ahmed. Ahmed had 100 + days against Oregon and Sc. Dick didn’t even get 70 against Boise. He’s a Boise level player

Alexis said:

Lol @ already judging sirmon and culp.

I like physically talented kid. Sometimes they’ll flame out but most of the time they’ll be good. Football is not hard
    Culp has not looked athletic at all as a freshmen, yet you have already capped newton and written him off for not being athletic as a freshmen that actually used whatever athleticism he has to be a productive player.

I had high hopes for Culp too. But if he is to amount to anything it’s not going to be because he is super athletic. Clumsy was the best way to describe him this year. On offense of the you g guys that got reps he was one of the worst out there.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,354
    "Nothing I said was retarded. I really liked Polk and thought he was good. I think he’s better than Newton. It’s also early in Newton’s career. I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t much kore than he’s shown. A good power runner. I also wouldn’t be surprised if he took off in a year or two and was an All Conference back. He’s a freshman that played well in his freshman year.

Someone who cries and spreads bullshit information all the time thinks someone else is retarded?"

"What the fuck are you talking about? Culp and Sirmon are MWC level players yet you got defensive when I said Culp looked like trash, which I think everyone can agree.

They are both pretty good RB’s with different strengths. Quit playing favorites based on tbs sizzle. You’re the fucking worst poster here, and there are a lot of bad ones."

"I think Ahmed is good and right now better than Newton. Your hate for him is FS tho. Why would you be upset about a young player that was productive? You don’t think it’s fair to criticize Culp because he’s a redshirt freshman yet you call Newton a Boise player, even tho he’s already proven to be more than that.

I don’t get it. You’re just a butthurt baby lately. You’ve always been kind of annoying but you’re insufferable now.

J was right. You really do need help. Nobody else is 19. You should have better shit to do than sit on Twitter and here all day."

@RoadDawg55 is this any different than what I've been saying?
    @BroadcastingDawg Im in between on Newton. You were absolutely right that Newton excelled in short yardage, something that we sucked at without him.

He could develop into a workhorse with some improvement and be a great back. He could also be about the same player he is now. I like him, but we don’t know what he will develop into. I think it will probably be somewhere in between. I’m glad we have him, but we also have Davis and other talented backs coming in.

Polk was projected as a 2-3 round guy prior to the draft by many mock experts. His shoulder and knee were big red flags for teams and rightfully so. His shoulder was always falling out.

Rumors that sark bad mouthed him for either attitude or work ethic but who knows. He definitely didn’t work on his body much the longer he was in college. Do t know if that was due to his shoulder issues though. Absolute stud regardless.

It’s not that relevant but Polk would have gotten booted from UW if Pete was the coach. He was involved in something that got another RB arrested and kicked off the team.

It’s not that relevant but Polk would have gotten booted from UW if Pete was the coach. He was involved in something that got another RB arrested and kicked off the team.
    Huh? What was that?

Polk wasnt OKG. I dont think he was a bad guy or anything, but it was obvious he wasnt a hard worker and probably had too much of a mind of his own to play for Pete. His decision to play for Ty when he could have gone anywhere was odd in itself.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    Sark was lax and we went 7-5

Pete is a tuff guy and we ended up 7-5

Sounds like both failed to connect with today's utes
  • WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    So is this thread serving as the unofficial Festivus Airing of Grievances thread, or.....?
    edited December 2019
    chuck said:

Huh? What was that?

Polk wasnt OKG. I dont think he was a bad guy or anything, but it was obvious he wasnt a hard worker and probably had too much of a mind of his own to play for Pete. His decision to play for Ty when he could have gone anywhere was odd in itself.
    Think Jeremiah Pharms. Allegedly, a very similar incident. I knew the guy it happened to.

Polk’s mom wanted him to play for Ty IIRC. He was kind of a goofy guy on Hard Knocks when he was with the Texans. Him and his mom were featured in an episode.