Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The downfall of Western Civ

1235»

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

HHusky said:

My kindergartner starts transgender studies next week. According to Seattle Public Schools, kids by the age of 5 or 6 can have sorted out their preferred gender identity. And as a result, their classmates - who are just learning how to read and write mind you - need to learn the proper pronouns to use.

Are you going to push back?
    I might. I'm struggling with the response, however. Look, all I care about at this age is that my kid is a good human and treats hit classmates with respect. Follow the Golden Rule. But how the fuck is a 5.5 year old supposed to start processing transgender issues? Fucking Christ...
    Part of being a good human and treating others with respect is learning about differences.

I don't get the worry here. Are you concerned your son will want to be be trans because he learns about it in school?
    My family respects differences just fine (e.g., be a best man at a same sex wedding -before it was legal - and then pop off).
    How can I be racist? I have black friends.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,989
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

My kindergartner starts transgender studies next week. According to Seattle Public Schools, kids by the age of 5 or 6 can have sorted out their preferred gender identity. And as a result, their classmates - who are just learning how to read and write mind you - need to learn the proper pronouns to use.

I might. I'm struggling with the response, however. Look, all I care about at this age is that my kid is a good human and treats hit classmates with respect. Follow the Golden Rule. But how the fuck is a 5.5 year old supposed to start processing transgender issues? Fucking Christ...
    Part of being a good human and treating others with respect is learning about differences.

I don't get the worry here. Are you concerned your son will want to be be trans because he learns about it in school?
    My family respects differences just fine (e.g., be a best man at a same sex wedding -before it was legal - and then pop off).
    Sigh.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

Tell your kid the truth: This stuff is 99% Bullshit, the people pushing it are all fucked in the head, and someday you'll be tearing them all to pieces on an online sports-driven & political forum.

Teach your kid that sometimes you have to lie to idiots who can't handle the truth and pretend you give two shits about them, when you don't.

It's all part of life and your kid will come out way ahead in the end, because these stupid Marxists aren't going anywhere, and will have to be dealt with like the cockroaches they are.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,989
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Seattle is lost. Has been for a long tim.

The hinterlands of Virginia and North Carolina (before it’s imminent loss too) is where trump can spark the needed rejuvenation.
    I'll be in Idaho. I suggest you come look for me there.
    You should cut a deal with @PurpleThrobber to rent part of the G n R compound in the mountains where ever the fuck it is? I'm guessing there's ample room for a tee pee or two.

We'll have to change your handle from @Swaye to @JohnnyNezPerce

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,923
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

HHusky said:

I dislike shitbags and their skin color has no bearing.