Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The downfall of Western Civ

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

I put my kids in private school until high school. Avoids many problems but it ain't cheap.

I don't believe, personally, in spending money on private k-12 unless the public schools are lousy. I pay way too much in property taxes.
    I understand as I didn't want to either. We decided to do it for educational and moral reasons. They ended up better off so it was worth every penny. I decided I'd give them every advantage I could. More overtime at work and some from savings. I'd do it again.
    I always find the 'moral reasons' argument almost comical as it relates to sending kids to private schools.

Jesus said to go into the world and make disciples. He didn't say go off into a cost-prohibitive cloistures with like-minded students.

Keeping children from the state works for me. They have shined the light by their examples as well. Win, win for us!
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    How many fucking trans people are there anyway?

I've met like, 2.

Don't waste my time on pandering to people that are insignificant.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,990
    Swaye's Wigwam

I

Give kids a chance to be a rebel and you'll have "non binary kids" We grew our hair long. Then it was tats after us

Now you cut your dick off to be edgy

Glad I'm old

This is akin to religious instruction because it is a religion to the gender crowd.

What the fuck is wrong with this city? I'm a socially liberal, atheist. My brother is married to another man who is Latino and his mom snuck across the border in the 1970s (hi @oregonblitzkrieg @creepycoug ). If you've got me all pissed off, it probably means you're doing it wrong, Seattle.
    Welcome to living in Calistan North comrade!
    @ThomasFremont called the race too early and jinxed it. We are living under the tyranny of Council Member Sawant's jack boot from here on out.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye said:

I

Give kids a chance to be a rebel and you'll have "non binary kids" We grew our hair long. Then it was tats after us

Glad I'm old

This is akin to religious instruction because it is a religion to the gender crowd.

What the fuck is wrong with this city? I'm a socially liberal, atheist. My brother is married to another man who is Latino and his mom snuck across the border in the 1970s (hi @oregonblitzkrieg @creepycoug ). If you've got me all pissed off, it probably means you're doing it wrong, Seattle.
    If you've lost Rowboat, you've lost the Republic.
    Seattle, northern Virginia. Next it will be North Carolina! If only there was a foundational document drafted by James Madison that warned about factions.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

I

Glad I'm old

In Seattle I’m a hopelessly old fashioned Neanderthal. On the Tug, I’m a commie lover. Extremists uniformly hate anyone who questions their orthodoxy.
    I wouldn't say you're a commie lover. I'd say you're a commie.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

I

Glad I'm old

In Seattle I’m a hopelessly old fashioned Neanderthal. On the Tug, I’m a commie lover. Extremists uniformly hate anyone who questions their orthodoxy.
    I wouldn't say you're a commie lover. I'd say you're a commie.
    It's almost as if the Left will eat their own.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    The left despises the founders.

To them America is an evil patriarchy and so the founders are the worst of all
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I heard they owned slaves and killed native americans. Pure evil.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,990
    Swaye's Wigwam

I heard they owned slaves and killed native americans. Pure evil.
    I can't wait till I have to meet with the teachers about 1619.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

I

Glad I'm old

If you've lost Rowboat, you've lost the Republic.
    Hey I always say that.

Stop stealing my shit fucko!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

HHusky said:

My kindergartner starts transgender studies next week. According to Seattle Public Schools, kids by the age of 5 or 6 can have sorted out their preferred gender identity. And as a result, their classmates - who are just learning how to read and write mind you - need to learn the proper pronouns to use.

Are you going to push back?
    I might. I'm struggling with the response, however. Look, all I care about at this age is that my kid is a good human and treats hit classmates with respect. Follow the Golden Rule. But how the fuck is a 5.5 year old supposed to start processing transgender issues? Fucking Christ...
    Part of being a good human and treating others with respect is learning about differences.

I don't get the worry here. Are you concerned your son will want to be be trans because he learns about it in school?
    The worry is that we are now confusing legitimate biological conditions with things that are as likely to be random preference as they are to be a sign of mental illness.

Talk to any pscyhologist, even a very progressive one, and they'll tell you that, among the trans community is A LOT, and I mean A LOT, of mental illness.

We do not yet completely know about or understand trans, and we're pretending like we do. It's not homosexuality, which we understand much better. They are different and should not be thought about the same way.

I had no problem with my kids being introduced to two Dads and two Moms. Fuck it. The world is full of kids who are in absolute shit situations. I'm gonna have a problem with two loving same-gender people volunteering to raise a good person? No. I'll leave that for the judgmental cock suckers among us.

But trans is a whole other matter.
  • Options

Will they be learning all 76 genders? If not it's just regressive and bigoted education.

We are having the same stupid shit rolled out here. The kids might be staying in Montessori for a bit longer than we had originally planned.

I'm glad we can find space in the pedagogy for these topics as early as Kindergarten but still don't require basic financial or economic literacy as part of a public education all the way through high school graduation.
    The longer they stay in Montesorri, they longer it will take them to catch up if/when they go to a more traditional school.

Totally agree about your personal finance/economics poont.
    My wife specializes in child development and education. She's got binders for each of our kids for their development. My kids are way ahead of every metric except size. If anything, I worry about them being bored and acting out in a traditional school where they don't have mixed age education and where the standards have been lowered. Don't confuse Montessori with Waldorf. That's a totally different monster.
    Can confirm. My kids dwarfed Doog Bot's.
    Hey, every rowboat needs a Coxswain.