Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Might as well bring back Sark

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam

I

Man you guys are depressing

Depressing season will do that. It’s a shitshow season, no way around that. For us*, there’s nothing to do except bitch.
    I guess but we are coming off 3 straight 10+ win seasons. Yeah this year sucks but it happens, some years you over achieve and occasionally you will under achieve. You don’t fire a coach over one bad year especially when he’s a proven winner and his recruiting is improving every year. I think fans fail to realize how hard it is to find a good coach, I mean look at Texas and USC and how hard it’s been for them to find a good coach and they have all the resources in the world. What’s encouraging is Pete realizes he needs to make changes and he will this offseason. I understand the frustration but as a guy who donates six figures to UW athletics, I love Pete and hope he’s our coach for the next five to ten years.
    He needed a 2017 like season for me to be happy this year. 2017 isn't hard to achieve. Compete for your division and win 9-10 games.

An actual good-elite coach would look at that expectation at UW in the Pac 12 as doable every year. I believe Chip Kelly said something similar after a road plungering up here.

Great he's going to fire coaches. Who is he replacing them with.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

I

Depressing season will do that. It’s a shitshow season, no way around that. For us*, there’s nothing to do except bitch.
    I guess but we are coming off 3 straight 10+ win seasons. Yeah this year sucks but it happens, some years you over achieve and occasionally you will under achieve. You don’t fire a coach over one bad year especially when he’s a proven winner and his recruiting is improving every year. I think fans fail to realize how hard it is to find a good coach, I mean look at Texas and USC and how hard it’s been for them to find a good coach and they have all the resources in the world. What’s encouraging is Pete realizes he needs to make changes and he will this offseason. I understand the frustration but as a guy who donates six figures to UW athletics, I love Pete and hope he’s our coach for the next five to ten years.
    He needed a 2017 like season for me to be happy this year. 2017 isn't hard to achieve. Compete for your division and win 9-10 games.

An actual good-elite coach would look at that expectation at UW in the Pac 12 as doable every year. I believe Chip Kelly said something similar after a road plungering up here.

PGOS
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

Js straw men are our of control in this thread.

I thought Pete could win a natty at UW.

I still think Pete will win a natty at UW.

I said back a few years ago that it was unlikely Pete ever will win a natty, which any person not associated with UW that follows college football would agree with.

You gotta make the playoffs and beat Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, LSU, etc. It really actually is hard. You’re playing two games against the very best. It’s not likely to happen no matter who is coaching at UW.

I expect to win the PAC 12 at a good clip, win some Rose Bowl’s, not go 7-6 in a down year, etc. Any year that UW fail to win the PAC 12 or a New Year’s Bowl is a failure.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    This is all just the unsurprising result of a woman AD.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,034 Founders Club

You guys taking this thread seriously and posting thoughtful responses failed to notice that this was merely a vehicle for J to show off how much of an edgelord he is. Sorry you wasted all that time.

Yeah, but thoughtfulness still needs to triumph over edgelordism.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,678 Standard Supporter

I

As a guy who donates 4 figures (lulz), I am willing to give him the opportunity to evolve and adopt a winning offensive scheme. But evolve he must. The 2013- 19 Pete offense is not acceptable. We shall see.
    Does that include the decimal points?

I

As a guy who donates 4 figures (lulz), I am willing to give him the opportunity to evolve and adopt a winning offensive scheme. But evolve he must. The 2013- 19 Pete offense is not acceptable. We shall see.
    Does that include the decimal points?

I’m six figures with decimal points. Deep pocket level.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2019

I

I'm taking the under.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2019

I

Good post. You don’t get rid of the only good coach you have had in 30 years. They are hard to find.
    haie said:

I

Agree with all of this. 10+ wins should be expected as should winning the PAC 12 at a 33-50% rate. Another year like this and Pete really should be on the hot seat. I don’t think anyone on the board thinks it’s fine or that Pete didn’t play a huge part in making this season a mess. He was terrible.

It’s a big offseason and the offense needs to get fixed. That would bring excitement back to the program and I would guess our players wouldn’t seem so soft and weak willed.
    Another year like this? If he's not on the hot seat right now, then shut down the program. Jesus Christ. Talk about low expectations.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,019 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Js straw men are our of control in this thread.

I thought Pete could win a natty at UW.

I still think Pete will win a natty at UW.

How is the OL looking?
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,766 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

I

Everyone says he will fix the offense for the last few years and never fixes it. He loves his dogshit finesse scheme. It’s our identity. Add in the poor game management and loyalty to the dickless OKG losers in his depth chart and you have a coach that will never achieve greatness. He is good for a loss or two even during an “up” year and you are deluded if you believe otherwise.

Then there are the posters who told me that’s okay, and they didn’t want to win a natty anyways. That’s most of our fan base. They can commit targeting on a 10 point buck during mating season.
    J gets it!

You guys taking this thread seriously and posting thoughtful responses failed to notice that this was merely a vehicle for J to show off how much of an edgelord he is. Sorry you wasted all that time.

Fuck off, doog.

You too.
    PurpleJ said:

Fuck off, doog.

You too.
    Lol. I was getting angry glares from neighboring fans yesterday for booing the kids and telling Pete his offense sucks. He couldn’t hear me.
    PurpleJ said:

I

Everyone says he will fix the offense for the last few years and never fixes it. He loves his dogshit finesse scheme. It’s our identity. Add in the poor game management and loyalty to the dickless OKG losers in his depth chart and you have a coach that will never achieve greatness. He is good for a loss or two even during an “up” year and you are deluded if you believe otherwise.

Then there are the posters who told me that’s okay, and they didn’t want to win a natty anyways. That’s most of our fan base. They can commit targeting on a 10 point buck during mating season.
    Why so angry, J? Can’t milking of the prostrate be a solo job?

PurpleJ said:

Fuck off, doog.

You too.
    Lol. I was getting angry glares from neighboring fans yesterday for booing the kids and telling Pete his offense sucks. He couldn’t hear me.
    You really showed them!
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Fuck off, doog.

You too.
    You really showed them!
    Just trying to set a good example for my kid.
    edited November 2019

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Fuck off, doog.

You too.
    You really showed them!
    Just trying to set a good example for my kid.
    Heckling men who are tuffer and better than you and bragging about it on the internet where they can’t smash your face in. How courageous.