Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Might as well bring back Sark

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,037 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

You guys taking this thread seriously and posting thoughtful responses failed to notice that this was merely a vehicle for J to show off how much of an edgelord he is. Sorry you wasted all that time.

Fuck off, doog.

You guys taking this thread seriously and posting thoughtful responses failed to notice that this was merely a vehicle for J to show off how much of an edgelord he is. Sorry you wasted all that time.

Yeah, but thoughtfulness still needs to triumph over edgelordism.
    You too.
    Lol. I was getting angry glares from neighboring fans yesterday for booing the kids and telling Pete his offense sucks. He couldn’t hear me.
    You really showed them!
    Just trying to set a good example for my kid.
    Heckling men who are tuffer and better than you and bragging about it on the internet where they can’t smash your face in. How courageous.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,020 Founders Club
    Are you new here? Sheesh.
    Fuck just making the playoff. I want to win. If Pete is incapable, find someone who might be.

If we have no chance of ever winning no matter who coaches the team, then cancel the program.

Sounds like your good with magical seasons like the Mariners. Fuck that and fuck all you doog losers.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

I

Man you guys are depressing

Depressing season will do that. It’s a shitshow season, no way around that. For us*, there’s nothing to do except bitch.
    I guess but we are coming off 3 straight 10+ win seasons. Yeah this year sucks but it happens, some years you over achieve and occasionally you will under achieve. You don’t fire a coach over one bad year especially when he’s a proven winner and his recruiting is improving every year. I think fans fail to realize how hard it is to find a good coach, I mean look at Texas and USC and how hard it’s been for them to find a good coach and they have all the resources in the world. What’s encouraging is Pete realizes he needs to make changes and he will this offseason. I understand the frustration but as a guy who donates six figures to UW athletics, I love Pete and hope he’s our coach for the next five to ten years.
    Everyone says he will fix the offense for the last few years and never fixes it. He loves his dogshit finesse scheme. It’s our identity. Add in the poor game management and loyalty to the dickless OKG losers in his depth chart and you have a coach that will never achieve greatness. He is good for a loss or two even during an “up” year and you are deluded if you believe otherwise.

Then there are the posters who told me that’s okay, and they didn’t want to win a natty anyways. That’s most of our fan base. They can commit targeting on a 10 point buck during mating season.
    This, this and this.

I

Depressing season will do that. It’s a shitshow season, no way around that. For us*, there’s nothing to do except bitch.
    I guess but we are coming off 3 straight 10+ win seasons. Yeah this year sucks but it happens, some years you over achieve and occasionally you will under achieve. You don’t fire a coach over one bad year especially when he’s a proven winner and his recruiting is improving every year. I think fans fail to realize how hard it is to find a good coach, I mean look at Texas and USC and how hard it’s been for them to find a good coach and they have all the resources in the world. What’s encouraging is Pete realizes he needs to make changes and he will this offseason. I understand the frustration but as a guy who donates six figures to UW athletics, I love Pete and hope he’s our coach for the next five to ten years.
    Good post. You don’t get rid of the only good coach you have had in 30 years. They are hard to find.
    haie said:

I

He needed a 2017 like season for me to be happy this year. 2017 isn't hard to achieve. Compete for your division and win 9-10 games.

An actual good-elite coach would look at that expectation at UW in the Pac 12 as doable every year. I believe Chip Kelly said something similar after a road plungering up here.

Great he's going to fire coaches. Who is he replacing them with.
    Agree with all of this. 10+ wins should be expected as should winning the PAC 12 at a 33-50% rate. Another year like this and Pete really should be on the hot seat. I don’t think anyone on the board thinks it’s fine or that Pete didn’t play a huge part in making this season a mess. He was terrible.

It’s a big offseason and the offense needs to get fixed. That would bring excitement back to the program and I would guess our players wouldn’t seem so soft and weak willed.
    Another year like this? If he's not on the hot seat right now, then shut down the program. Jesus Christ. Talk about low expectations.
    Those aren’t low expectations. If we win the PAC 12 next year, or a New Year’s bowl, make the playoff, I will be happy. I just said we should win the PAC at least once every three years, at minimum.

You guys are arguing about nothing. Frustration with Pete and wanting him fired are two different things. If there was a better coach available, then sure, fire him, but I don’t want to fire our best coach in 30 years for one shitty season. Another, then yeah, but I’m not an idiot who thinks we should win every year just because we want to.
    One shitty season? 2014 and 2015 say "Hi."
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I

Good post. You don’t get rid of the only good coach you have had in 30 years. They are hard to find.
    haie said:

I

He needed a 2017 like season for me to be happy this year. 2017 isn't hard to achieve. Compete for your division and win 9-10 games.

An actual good-elite coach would look at that expectation at UW in the Pac 12 as doable every year. I believe Chip Kelly said something similar after a road plungering up here.

Agree with all of this. 10+ wins should be expected as should winning the PAC 12 at a 33-50% rate. Another year like this and Pete really should be on the hot seat. I don’t think anyone on the board thinks it’s fine or that Pete didn’t play a huge part in making this season a mess. He was terrible.

It’s a big offseason and the offense needs to get fixed. That would bring excitement back to the program and I would guess our players wouldn’t seem so soft and weak willed.
    Another year like this? If he's not on the hot seat right now, then shut down the program. Jesus Christ. Talk about low expectations.
    Those aren’t low expectations. If we win the PAC 12 next year, or a New Year’s bowl, make the playoff, I will be happy. I just said we should win the PAC at least once every three years, at minimum.

You guys are arguing about nothing. Frustration with Pete and wanting him fired are two different things. If there was a better coach available, then sure, fire him, but I don’t want to fire our best coach in 30 years for one shitty season. Another, then yeah, but I’m not an idiot who thinks we should win every year just because we want to.
    Don’t give a fuck about those anymore. Playoff appearances and conference titles are good. Pete’s accomplishes both. If he hadn’t then yeah, fire him for going 7-5.
    edited December 2019

I

haie said:

I

Don’t give a fuck about those anymore. Playoff appearances and conference titles are good. Pete’s accomplishes both. If he hadn’t then yeah, fire him for going 7-5.
    It all comes down to whether Pete can change enough and make the hard enough decisions to fix what's wrong with his process. And IDGAF about meaningless Pac12 trophies.
    I say he won't, and some of you apparently think he will, or are content enough with Rose Bowl blowout losses and Pac12 championships during weak years to keep the guy.
    He's getting another year at least, and probably two, but after 6 years, and especially this particular 6th year, I am no longer optimistic that Pete can make the necessary changes to compete for meaningful championships in the Pac12, NY6 bowls or making the playoff.
    I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but my gut says I'm not.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter

I suggest you check out BD2W

I

haie said:

I

Playoff "Appearance," not Appearances. Keep it real.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,037 Founders Club

I prefer grabassery and fuckery to edgelordism.

I

haie said:

I

It all comes down to whether Pete can change enough and make the hard enough decisions to fix what's wrong with his process. And IDGAF about meaningless Pac12 trophies.
    I say he won't, and some of you apparently think he will, or are content enough with Rose Bowl blowout losses and Pac12 championships during weak years to keep the guy.
    He's getting another year at least, and probably two, but after 6 years, and especially this particular 6th year, I am no longer optimistic that Pete can make the necessary changes to compete for meaningful championships in the Pac12, NY6 bowls or making the playoff.
    If I wasn’t mocking people and trolling, I would probably say something rational like this. Fuck anyone who doesn’t want UW to compete for the national championship. Go watch our basketball team and fuck off.

Might as well turn the stadium into a homeless camp if that’s the case.

I prefer grabassery and fuckery to edgelordism.
    I was mocking you, roaddogg and the other doogs. Nothing edgelordy about that.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,171
    PurpleJ said:

I

haie said:

I

If I wasn’t mocking people and trolling, I would probably say something rational like this. Fuck anyone who doesn’t want UW to compete for the national championship. Go watch our basketball team and fuck off.

This quote functionality is out of control.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,453 Swaye's Wigwam
    At least Sark was dude brah stupid enough we had hope that he'd get fired for SOMETHING. Pete loses "the right way" and can be mediocre in perpetuity and our twash AD and fans won't demand his head. We are fuct if he can't figure it out, which is another way of saying we are boned.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    Mad_Son said:

PurpleJ said:

I

haie said:

I

Agree
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    PurpleJ said:

I

haie said:

I

You have knowledge of the E1 future site development plan, then?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

Mad_Son said:

PurpleJ said:

I

haie said:

I

Agree
    Thirded
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    PurpleJ said:

I

haie said:

I

You’re fucking retarded. Everyone wants to see UW compete for the national championship. I think we have a better chance with Pete than 90% of the coaches out there. I would fire him today if it meant getting Urban Meyer. It’s not going to happen.

Pete is a good coach who hit a rut. There is a reason a lot of programs tried to hire him. He’s not named a top 10 coach based on nothing. Whether he is, who knows, that shit is subjective, but they aren’t just making it up and listing a loser at the top.

His offense is shit. Whether he gets out of it or not is debatable. He’s not getting fired tho and if I were in charge, I wouldn’t fire him either.

He won 10+ games three straight years with two PAC 12 titles. You’re a huge faggot if those are meaningless to you. We all want and expect to take the next step and compete for natties. I said I didn’t expect to win one because we probably won’t. Everyone that isn’t a UW fan would say the same thing. Nobody has low expectations just because they don’t want to fire Pete and know it won’t happen.
    “10-2 Top 10 coach go coogs”

Time for the d word?