Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trumptards a Q?

Comments

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Swaye said:

I watched it through until Castor was, I presume, about half way through questions. Just after the "this is a really important point" comment at the point Sondland was basically reasserting the 2+2 = 4 bit. Then I had a meeting and then I had to run over here. It's hard pretending to be a lawyer.

If I'm on team Trump and I'm being honest, based only what I heard this morning, I take two things away thus far: (1) it's clear nobody's going to be able to say that Trump told them to do anything that touches upon "this for that"; and (2) we're getting some meat on the bone of what most of us have assumed/suspected/worried about for some time, which is that Rudy G. is clearly there to be Trump's buffer between orders and having to answer for them, a classic rich guy move. Tell me again why you guys hate lawyers so much.

Whatever is going on here, I don't believe that Rudy G. is ever off on a rogue frolic, nor do I believe that we should be in impeachment hearings. Seems to me the longer this goes on, the more likely it is that Trump wins re-election. The DNC would be smart to just drop all this, but it's way past that point now.

Good chit. @YellowSnow and I were chatting today and this is a more nuanced version of what we sort of think. The only person who could potentially know that Trump was trying to "bribe" Ukraine is Rudy, and he can't be compelled to testify as Trumps lawyer even if it is true, so all you are left with is a bunch of people who have thoughts and opinions on what happened, and lots of speculation, but zero hard evidence. The longer this goes the worse it looks for the Dems, because Americans, while dumb, are not so dumb as to see a continual line of witnesses get up and say I think maybe something happened here but Trump never ordered me to do it somehow means Trump is guilty.

Keep it up Schiff. We love it in the cheap seats.
    Agreed, especially on the damage this is doing in real time to the as of yet unnamed shit show the DNC will choose to run. That guy/gal will really hate this whole circus when the campaign starts. It's kind of like Gangs of New York: when you kill a king, you see it through and you do it where everyone can see you do it. You don't "try" to do it; you don't show up to a gun fight with a sitting US President with just your dick in your hands.

That said, if you put a gun to my head and my life depended on the accuracy of my guess at the truth here, I'd say there was something there. I'd say Trump is a crafty old rich dood who knows how to position his lawyers and other flunkies between himself and the shit he sometimes wants to do. I don't think doing this would be beneath him. I could absolutely see him making a move on something like this, finding out later it's a no no and then protecting himself. So, sure, by the time Sondland blurts out "What do you want from Ukraine?", a question if asked of me in that manner would make me wonder if I were being recorded, he probably by then had been informed it wasn't ok to offer that trade or make that implied threat. I'm just being straight here ... that scenario, IMO, is well within Trump's wheel house. But we know he's not an alter boy, so I'm not really sure I care that much.

Only thing that really matters here is that this whole circus is yet another example of the left overplaying their hand. It's such a Cuog! move to do this. They really fucked up.
    It may backfire on the Dems. I'm not arguing that point. It could. Realpolitik, and all that.

But you've agreed there's probably something there. To me, abuse of the most powerful office in the world and putting personal interests ahead of national interests are not trivial. Your response amounts to "boys will be boys". Are you saying impeachment should be explored only when public opinion already favors it?

1) Define what abuse of power is?

2) Having a buffer between yourself and those carrying things out isn’t exclusive to this sitting President ... it’s true for likely every sitting President and occurs in most every C-Suite in Corporate America ... the whole plausible deniability thing

3) If Biden wasn’t running for President and an investigation was launched would there be any uproar? It seems pretty clear to me that there is some smoke there. Are the Biden’s untouchable because Joe is in the race right now? Nobody seemingly is talking about this.

The reality is that the Dems don’t have a strong candidate and they know it. Everything they are doing is trying to discredit Trump compared to saying why their message is better.

The timing of all of this speaks volumes. We’re inside a year of the 2020 election ... easiest way to remove Trump is to beat him next November ... if you can

All they are doing is reminding a lot of people why they voted for Trump in 2016
    A 37 year old mayor of some BFE Midwest college town is leading in the Iowa Dem Cockus polling . How fucktarded has the Democratic party these days? They are the folks that got Trump elected in the first place and are going to re-elect him again.
    We can all concede that Will Rogers was right about the Democratic Party. That’s not much of a denial that Daddy did what he’s accused of.
    Elections matter. I gave that cunt Hillary $100.00 because I didn't want that boob in the White House, and was willing to have gridlock and let Congress lock her up if need be. The American people knew Trump was greasy AF before the election and still voted for him because they didn't like what the Dem's are selling them. Now they are they are doubling down on the same bull shit.
    More trumptrash here @CirrhosisDawg
    Disagree. Yellow is an honest man. I am the Pasadena chair for the campaign to elevate him to his rightful position as emperor of the inland empire. I didn’t have a problem with creep’s posts today either. The reason is neither of them are disingenuous, dishonest and duplicitous as you and the other 11 trumptrash that post here daily.
    And yet they agree with me so how disingenuous and dishonest can I be?

You got hondo and @insinceredawg . Nice team. I'll take @Swaye and the rest any day

I can be erudite and intellectual but fuck it why put my pearls before swine like you?
    Yeah. You’re doing great.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Swaye said:

I watched it through until Castor was, I presume, about half way through questions. Just after the "this is a really important point" comment at the point Sondland was basically reasserting the 2+2 = 4 bit. Then I had a meeting and then I had to run over here. It's hard pretending to be a lawyer.

If I'm on team Trump and I'm being honest, based only what I heard this morning, I take two things away thus far: (1) it's clear nobody's going to be able to say that Trump told them to do anything that touches upon "this for that"; and (2) we're getting some meat on the bone of what most of us have assumed/suspected/worried about for some time, which is that Rudy G. is clearly there to be Trump's buffer between orders and having to answer for them, a classic rich guy move. Tell me again why you guys hate lawyers so much.

Whatever is going on here, I don't believe that Rudy G. is ever off on a rogue frolic, nor do I believe that we should be in impeachment hearings. Seems to me the longer this goes on, the more likely it is that Trump wins re-election. The DNC would be smart to just drop all this, but it's way past that point now.

Good chit. @YellowSnow and I were chatting today and this is a more nuanced version of what we sort of think. The only person who could potentially know that Trump was trying to "bribe" Ukraine is Rudy, and he can't be compelled to testify as Trumps lawyer even if it is true, so all you are left with is a bunch of people who have thoughts and opinions on what happened, and lots of speculation, but zero hard evidence. The longer this goes the worse it looks for the Dems, because Americans, while dumb, are not so dumb as to see a continual line of witnesses get up and say I think maybe something happened here but Trump never ordered me to do it somehow means Trump is guilty.

Agreed, especially on the damage this is doing in real time to the as of yet unnamed shit show the DNC will choose to run. That guy/gal will really hate this whole circus when the campaign starts. It's kind of like Gangs of New York: when you kill a king, you see it through and you do it where everyone can see you do it. You don't "try" to do it; you don't show up to a gun fight with a sitting US President with just your dick in your hands.

That said, if you put a gun to my head and my life depended on the accuracy of my guess at the truth here, I'd say there was something there. I'd say Trump is a crafty old rich dood who knows how to position his lawyers and other flunkies between himself and the shit he sometimes wants to do. I don't think doing this would be beneath him. I could absolutely see him making a move on something like this, finding out later it's a no no and then protecting himself. So, sure, by the time Sondland blurts out "What do you want from Ukraine?", a question if asked of me in that manner would make me wonder if I were being recorded, he probably by then had been informed it wasn't ok to offer that trade or make that implied threat. I'm just being straight here ... that scenario, IMO, is well within Trump's wheel house. But we know he's not an alter boy, so I'm not really sure I care that much.

Only thing that really matters here is that this whole circus is yet another example of the left overplaying their hand. It's such a Cuog! move to do this. They really fucked up.
    It may backfire on the Dems. I'm not arguing that point. It could. Realpolitik, and all that.

But you've agreed there's probably something there. To me, abuse of the most powerful office in the world and putting personal interests ahead of national interests are not trivial. Your response amounts to "boys will be boys". Are you saying impeachment should be explored only when public opinion already favors it?

2) Having a buffer between yourself and those carrying things out isn’t exclusive to this sitting President ... it’s true for likely every sitting President and occurs in most every C-Suite in Corporate America ... the whole plausible deniability thing

3) If Biden wasn’t running for President and an investigation was launched would there be any uproar? It seems pretty clear to me that there is some smoke there. Are the Biden’s untouchable because Joe is in the race right now? Nobody seemingly is talking about this.

The reality is that the Dems don’t have a strong candidate and they know it. Everything they are doing is trying to discredit Trump compared to saying why their message is better.

The timing of all of this speaks volumes. We’re inside a year of the 2020 election ... easiest way to remove Trump is to beat him next November ... if you can

All they are doing is reminding a lot of people why they voted for Trump in 2016
    A 37 year old mayor of some BFE Midwest college town is leading in the Iowa Dem Cockus polling . How fucktarded has the Democratic party these days? They are the folks that got Trump elected in the first place and are going to re-elect him again.
    We can all concede that Will Rogers was right about the Democratic Party. That’s not much of a denial that Daddy did what he’s accused of.
    Elections matter. I gave that cunt Hillary $100.00 because I didn't want that boob in the White House, and was willing to have gridlock and let Congress lock her up if need be. The American people knew Trump was greasy AF before the election and still voted for him because they didn't like what the Dem's are selling them. Now they are they are doubling down on the same bull shit.
    Disagree. Yellow is an honest man. I am the Pasadena chair for the campaign to elevate him to his rightful position as emperor of the inland empire. I didn’t have a problem with creep’s posts today either. The reason is neither of them are disingenuous, dishonest and duplicitous as you and the other 11 trumptrash that post here daily.
    I feel honored to be thought of as Trumptrash.

I wasn’t thinking anything about you. So sure.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,089
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Swaye said:

I feel honored to be thought of as Trumptrash.

I wasn’t thinking anything about you. So sure.
    Hurtful. I thought we had something special.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Of course you morons have predictably attacked career state officials and military vets to protect the orange draft dodger but I've yet to see a coherent defense or explanation of what you believe transpired.

I think we can at least acknowledge the following are facts:
    -Aid to Ukraine was withheld
    -Trump wanted Zelensky to publicly announce that he was investigating Biden

Are we supposed to believe that these weren't related? I thought you all had moved on to "quid pro quo is okay" but you are still calling all witnesses as liars. So what is the current narrative about what happened?

Obviously Daddy is surrounded by people who just assume he wants them to take multiple unethical and felonious actions on his behalf. #MobBossWasn'tExplicit
    Speaking of felonies you never answered my question.
    If your question wasn't rhetorical, the Mall should definitely ask you to turn in your badge.
    Copy you agree Clinton committed a felony. The surprising thing is they actually disbarred him.
    Bill Clinton was a scumbag, which is unfortunate because I generally liked his politics. He was almost conservative is many respects.

But a scumbag he was. He's not alone, but when you really dig into Bill you have to conclude he's not a good guy. No, I don't believe the tin foil hat stories about pizza stores and pedo coverups. I'll need something direct on that one. But rambling on about the Clintons is hardly a persuastive technique. Anybody who knows anything knows the Clintons, Bill much more so than Hillary IMO, was/is a dirt bag.
    I think the two are pretty equal we just hear less about Hillary. Her secret service agents have interesting stories.
    Can confirm. I personally know a SS Agent that was on her detail and the stories are amazing. She's a piece of work.
    A good friend of mine is also family with SS and further terrible stories are told regularly. IDRGAF at the end of the day as I think all politicians are awful people but it's interesting to hear what a foregone fact this is from so many people in that circle.
    Oldest daughter's HS boyfriend ... his dad was SS. Can also confirm from him that she is, at best, a really, really, really not nice person. Talks down to everybody, barks, yells ... just a giant piece of shit as a human being.

I do think she's judged a little differently as a woman in that she'd get tagged with shit that might not stick as much if she were a big burly dude. But hey, we're an evolving animal and our society changes but not overnight. So tough shit on that point.

I don't think she's stupid (that's absurd), and I think she pays a price for lacking slickness (like William Jefferson and Barak have in spades), but overall from every corner of any little connection I have to anybody who'd be remotely qualified to say, she's a giant piece of shit and very mean and unlikeable human being.
    SS guy I personally know says that he would guard her bedroom door in the morning and when she walked out he said "Good morning Ma'am" as was customary and she responded with "Fuck you." Think about that for a second. "Fuck you" to a guy tasked with taking a bullet for you. This isn't secondhand info. Direct to me from the person guarding her. She is a complete piece of shit. At least the guy got himself switched off her detail and onto Gore. Gore is a retard, but he isn't a terrible human being.
    Yep, that tracks with what I've heard too.

Like, what would possess someone to start their day like that even from a self-interested standpoint? Nevermind the other guy for a second ... who wants to start out the day like that? Jimminny.

I would not have done well as a SS guy. Shooter would show up and I'd be like "she's in there ----->".
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,286
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Swaye said:

And yet they agree with me so how disingenuous and dishonest can I be?

You got hondo and @insinceredawg . Nice team. I'll take @Swaye and the rest any day

I can be erudite and intellectual but fuck it why put my pearls before swine like you?
    Yeah. You’re doing great.
    So much winning

But not tired of it yet

Big debate tonight. Big impeachment hearing tomorrow!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,286
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Swaye said:

I am but a dirty triangulation type, CD. I'm going to need some Trumtard support in the future for the launch of my new Reformed Country Club Republican Party.
    I got my IE people that are going to vote for who I tell them to

Kiss the ring
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Swaye said:

I am but a dirty triangulation type, CD. I'm going to need some Trumtard support in the future for the launch of my new Reformed Country Club Republican Party.
    I got my IE people that are going to vote for who I tell them to

Kiss the ring

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

Swaye said:

This is a dumb lawyer's take, of course.
  • Options

Swaye said:

Me and @Swaye might start a Hardcore Husky politics pod where we solve the world's problem one pod at a time. But you've got to be an Elite 8 HH poster to be on the show. @UW_Doog_Bot and @RaceBannon in. Rest of your troglodytes probably don't have what it takes.
    Ahem....Would the right honorable gentleman please fuck off?
  • Options

What does three years old have to do with anything?

When the facts are against you talk about how old the story is?

Exactly. While your client is being marched off to prison in cuffs and chains.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Swaye said:

You don't think the U.S. is ready for a 37 year-old homo to be President?

Imagine the Nixonian specter of Hillary stomping around a hotel suite on Election night screaming at Bill "They elected a Fag before me? Fuck this country! Fuck these people! And Fuck You, Bill!"
  • Options

Swaye said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Of course you morons have predictably attacked career state officials and military vets to protect the orange draft dodger but I've yet to see a coherent defense or explanation of what you believe transpired.

I think we can at least acknowledge the following are facts:
    -Aid to Ukraine was withheld
    -Trump wanted Zelensky to publicly announce that he was investigating Biden

Are we supposed to believe that these weren't related? I thought you all had moved on to "quid pro quo is okay" but you are still calling all witnesses as liars. So what is the current narrative about what happened?

Obviously Daddy is surrounded by people who just assume he wants them to take multiple unethical and felonious actions on his behalf. #MobBossWasn'tExplicit
    Speaking of felonies you never answered my question.
    If your question wasn't rhetorical, the Mall should definitely ask you to turn in your badge.
    Copy you agree Clinton committed a felony. The surprising thing is they actually disbarred him.
    Bill Clinton was a scumbag, which is unfortunate because I generally liked his politics. He was almost conservative is many respects.

But a scumbag he was. He's not alone, but when you really dig into Bill you have to conclude he's not a good guy. No, I don't believe the tin foil hat stories about pizza stores and pedo coverups. I'll need something direct on that one. But rambling on about the Clintons is hardly a persuastive technique. Anybody who knows anything knows the Clintons, Bill much more so than Hillary IMO, was/is a dirt bag.
    I think the two are pretty equal we just hear less about Hillary. Her secret service agents have interesting stories.
    Can confirm. I personally know a SS Agent that was on her detail and the stories are amazing. She's a piece of work.
    A good friend of mine is also family with SS and further terrible stories are told regularly. IDRGAF at the end of the day as I think all politicians are awful people but it's interesting to hear what a foregone fact this is from so many people in that circle.
    Oldest daughter's HS boyfriend ... his dad was SS. Can also confirm from him that she is, at best, a really, really, really not nice person. Talks down to everybody, barks, yells ... just a giant piece of shit as a human being.

I do think she's judged a little differently as a woman in that she'd get tagged with shit that might not stick as much if she were a big burly dude. But hey, we're an evolving animal and our society changes but not overnight. So tough shit on that point.

I don't think she's stupid (that's absurd), and I think she pays a price for lacking slickness (like William Jefferson and Barak have in spades), but overall from every corner of any little connection I have to anybody who'd be remotely qualified to say, she's a giant piece of shit and very mean and unlikeable human being.
    And she birthed a horse-faced child, too. Is that mean or unfair to say?
  • Options

HHusky said:

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Swaye said:

Another HH poster sees the light. I didn't vote for Trump, but I have enjoyed how deep into Millennial and Sad Old Hag Crania he lives rent-free in.

It's worth whatever price I might pay to witness the circus.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

HHusky said:

Swaye said:

You don't think the U.S. is ready for a 37 year-old homo to be President?

Imagine the Nixonian specter of Hillary stomping around a hotel suite on Election night screaming at Bill "They elected a Fag before me? Fuck this country! Fuck these people! And Fuck You, Bill!"
    I've vote for a 37 year old, gay for President if I thought they were the best person for the job of the choices available. TR was probably our best non-wartime President IMO and he was only 42. But TR's resume was a bit more accomplished than Mayor Pete's, although he does seem like a sharp guy.
    I'm of course drawing from that actual recording of Nixon when speaking to Haldeman (I think it was) and said, "You know the last six Roman Emperors? All Fags." Laffed my arse off at that.