Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trumptards a Q?

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

I watched it through until Castor was, I presume, about half way through questions. Just after the "this is a really important point" comment at the point Sondland was basically reasserting the 2+2 = 4 bit. Then I had a meeting and then I had to run over here. It's hard pretending to be a lawyer.

If I'm on team Trump and I'm being honest, based only what I heard this morning, I take two things away thus far: (1) it's clear nobody's going to be able to say that Trump told them to do anything that touches upon "this for that"; and (2) we're getting some meat on the bone of what most of us have assumed/suspected/worried about for some time, which is that Rudy G. is clearly there to be Trump's buffer between orders and having to answer for them, a classic rich guy move. Tell me again why you guys hate lawyers so much.

Whatever is going on here, I don't believe that Rudy G. is ever off on a rogue frolic, nor do I believe that we should be in impeachment hearings. Seems to me the longer this goes on, the more likely it is that Trump wins re-election. The DNC would be smart to just drop all this, but it's way past that point now.

Good chit. @YellowSnow and I were chatting today and this is a more nuanced version of what we sort of think. The only person who could potentially know that Trump was trying to "bribe" Ukraine is Rudy, and he can't be compelled to testify as Trumps lawyer even if it is true, so all you are left with is a bunch of people who have thoughts and opinions on what happened, and lots of speculation, but zero hard evidence. The longer this goes the worse it looks for the Dems, because Americans, while dumb, are not so dumb as to see a continual line of witnesses get up and say I think maybe something happened here but Trump never ordered me to do it somehow means Trump is guilty.

Keep it up Schiff. We love it in the cheap seats.
    Me and @Swaye might start a Hardcore Husky politics pod where we solve the world's problem one pod at a time. But you've got to be an Elite 8 HH poster to be on the show. @UW_Doog_Bot and @RaceBannon in. Rest of your troglodytes probably don't have what it takes.
    I'm only tuning in if GayBob and Sledog are on discussing Russian conspiracy theories.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I watched it through until Castor was, I presume, about half way through questions. Just after the "this is a really important point" comment at the point Sondland was basically reasserting the 2+2 = 4 bit. Then I had a meeting and then I had to run over here. It's hard pretending to be a lawyer.

If I'm on team Trump and I'm being honest, based only what I heard this morning, I take two things away thus far: (1) it's clear nobody's going to be able to say that Trump told them to do anything that touches upon "this for that"; and (2) we're getting some meat on the bone of what most of us have assumed/suspected/worried about for some time, which is that Rudy G. is clearly there to be Trump's buffer between orders and having to answer for them, a classic rich guy move. Tell me again why you guys hate lawyers so much.

Whatever is going on here, I don't believe that Rudy G. is ever off on a rogue frolic, nor do I believe that we should be in impeachment hearings. Seems to me the longer this goes on, the more likely it is that Trump wins re-election. The DNC would be smart to just drop all this, but it's way past that point now.

Good chit. @YellowSnow and I were chatting today and this is a more nuanced version of what we sort of think. The only person who could potentially know that Trump was trying to "bribe" Ukraine is Rudy, and he can't be compelled to testify as Trumps lawyer even if it is true, so all you are left with is a bunch of people who have thoughts and opinions on what happened, and lots of speculation, but zero hard evidence. The longer this goes the worse it looks for the Dems, because Americans, while dumb, are not so dumb as to see a continual line of witnesses get up and say I think maybe something happened here but Trump never ordered me to do it somehow means Trump is guilty.

Agreed, especially on the damage this is doing in real time to the as of yet unnamed shit show the DNC will choose to run. That guy/gal will really hate this whole circus when the campaign starts. It's kind of like Gangs of New York: when you kill a king, you see it through and you do it where everyone can see you do it. You don't "try" to do it; you don't show up to a gun fight with a sitting US President with just your dick in your hands.

That said, if you put a gun to my head and my life depended on the accuracy of my guess at the truth here, I'd say there was something there. I'd say Trump is a crafty old rich dood who knows how to position his lawyers and other flunkies between himself and the shit he sometimes wants to do. I don't think doing this would be beneath him. I could absolutely see him making a move on something like this, finding out later it's a no no and then protecting himself. So, sure, by the time Sondland blurts out "What do you want from Ukraine?", a question if asked of me in that manner would make me wonder if I were being recorded, he probably by then had been informed it wasn't ok to offer that trade or make that implied threat. I'm just being straight here ... that scenario, IMO, is well within Trump's wheel house. But we know he's not an alter boy, so I'm not really sure I care that much.

Only thing that really matters here is that this whole circus is yet another example of the left overplaying their hand. It's such a Cuog! move to do this. They really fucked up.
    I can buy that fully. Trump went off half cocked and told some of the inner circle "look we have to get at the corruption over there and what better way to do it then making the son of the dipshit Biden look like a crook." Then one of the msart lawyers in the room was like "Uh, orange man, you can't do that." Trump mashed off some Tweet calling someone an idiot to make himself feel better about being told no, and then Rudy stepped in to go actually provide some insulation and try to go get something done only using the words Burisma instead of Biden so the appearance was on the up and up and technically met muster. That is plausible to me, and fits with Trumps half cocked petulant behavior.

That said, as far as this investigation goes, even if all we say is true, there is no there there from an impeachment perspective. Keep going Dems. The senators running for President are going to love spending half the campaign season in session in DC listening to testimony at the trial. That should work out well for you.
    Exactly.

How you get so smart Injun Joe?
  • Options

Swaye said:

Me and @Swaye might start a Hardcore Husky politics pod where we solve the world's problem one pod at a time. But you've got to be an Elite 8 HH poster to be on the show. @UW_Doog_Bot and @RaceBannon in. Rest of your troglodytes probably don't have what it takes.
    Your sole purpose in writing those words was to wound me. Deeply.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Funny that this analysis of what’s going on is 1000x better than anything you’ll see on tv and 99% of the analysis on blogs, websites, etc. I mean, seriously - this is where I go to get real takes on these political matters. I love you guys mostly but hondo and CD can both fuck off.

This “analysis” is 1000x better the news you read in newspapers or see on tv?

You come to the tug tavern, where a half dozen trumptards troll and lie to the other half dozen credulous trumptrash retards, for “real takes” on politics?

JFC & Roflmao
  • Options

Funny that this analysis of what’s going on is 1000x better than anything you’ll see on tv and 99% of the analysis on blogs, websites, etc. I mean, seriously - this is where I go to get real takes on these political matters. I love you guys mostly but hondo and CD can both fuck off.

You come to the tug tavern, where a half dozen trumptards troll and lie to the other half dozen credulous trumptrash retards, for “real takes” on politics?

JFC & Roflmao
    Also hurtful.

This thread is turning mean and I'm scared.
  • Options

JFC & Roflmao
    Also hurtful.

@DoogieMcDoogerson needs a hug and reassurance too.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,368
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

I'm only tuning in if GayBob and Sledog are on discussing Russian conspiracy theories.
    Like how you swallowed whole on Mueller

Fuck off
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Weird the way ABC and CBS and the BBC and Politico and The Nation have all run with this "conspiracy theory."
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

Weird the way ABC and CBS and the BBC and Politico and The Nation have all run with this "conspiracy theory."
    Any links to share that aren't 3 years old?

538 actually mentioned it in their blog today: https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/impeachment-sondland-hearing/246432/

In the hearings so far, Republicans have tried to trace responsibility for Manafort’s ouster back to an unproven conspiracy between Ukrainian bureaucrats and Democratic Party. To do this, they’ve leaned heavily on a 2017 Politico investigation that reported that a Democratic operative named Alexandra Chalupa was investigating ties between Manafort and Yanukovych in 2016 and was in touch with Ukrainian officials in the process. It’s very unclear, though, how much help the Ukrainians actually gave Chalupa, who has said the Ukrainian-interference theory is a distraction promoted by the Kremlin. And there’s no evidence that the DNC used the information Chalupa found, or that there was any kind of concerted effort within the Ukrainian government was trying to help Hillary Clinton. Indeed, the fact that Republicans are continuing to lean on an article that’s almost three years old suggests that there isn’t more to the story.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

538 actually mentioned it in their blog today: https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/impeachment-sondland-hearing/246432/

In the hearings so far, Republicans have tried to trace responsibility for Manafort’s ouster back to an unproven conspiracy between Ukrainian bureaucrats and Democratic Party. To do this, they’ve leaned heavily on a 2017 Politico investigation that reported that a Democratic operative named Alexandra Chalupa was investigating ties between Manafort and Yanukovych in 2016 and was in touch with Ukrainian officials in the process. It’s very unclear, though, how much help the Ukrainians actually gave Chalupa, who has said the Ukrainian-interference theory is a distraction promoted by the Kremlin. And there’s no evidence that the DNC used the information Chalupa found, or that there was any kind of concerted effort within the Ukrainian government was trying to help Hillary Clinton. Indeed, the fact that Republicans are continuing to lean on an article that’s almost three years old suggests that there isn’t more to the story.
    Shared them yesterday in a thread where you were running that ignorant twat of a mouth IC. Obviously you were very interested.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,368
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What does three years old have to do with anything?

When the facts are against you talk about how old the story is?
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    I'm actually feeling pretty good about today's events and do not need a hug. Buying a trump 2020 yard sign for my yard to publicly tell everyone to FUCK OFF.

JFC & Roflmao
    Also hurtful.

• Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

Shared them yesterday in a thread where you were running that ignorant twat of a mouth IC. Obviously you were very interested.
    Tim Morrison, a GOP witness yesterday and former top adviser on the NSC testified under oath that Ukraine election meddling was a hoax yet Gay Bob here still propping up 3 year old articles to prove his point. JFC.
  • Options

I'm actually feeling pretty good about today's events and do not need a hug. Buying a trump 2020 yard sign for my yard to publicly tell everyone to FUCK OFF.

JFC & Roflmao
    Also hurtful.

That will show them! (Best to stay off cable tv news in this difficult time for you).
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2019

Any article written on the moon landing that's more than 3 years old obviously can't be true. Kunt logic, is there anything it can't do?
  • Options

3 years ago Marlon Tui was committed to UW and Petersen was a great coach. Things change, boomer.