Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'm hearing quid pro quo is out

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

There are so many low points for the Dems the past 4 years it's hard to choose, but this impeachment business might be the most embarrassing.

It's like if the early 80s coked up SNL cast tried to hold an impeachment proceeding. I can't wait until Schifforbrains has to admit he coordinated with the whistleblower before all this. Doesn't really matter though, because the validity of this whole thing has already unraveled. Now we are just waiting to see if the Dems are stupid enough to hold an impeachment vote based on hearsay and democrat operative schemes. It's over Dems. You lost. Again.
    You do know it's like 6 minutes into the first quarter. Right?
    Their next batch of "witnesses" will have gotten the info 7th hand. The led with their "best" witnesses they hand selected in secret meetings in a basement. I can only imagine how great this will be in the Senate when everyone, including GOP witnesses, get called. Face it. It's over. Find another new scandal to pin your hopes on. Russia, Collusion-gate, Obstruction-gate and now Ukraine were all duds. Just keep trying. And failing.
    Hold on one cotton-picking minute there Slim. Can you show me 51 votes in the senate for a show trial? It’s more than plausible to expect Romney, Collins, Burr and Sasse to vote with the 47 dems for a REAL trial on the articles of impeachment.

I knew Trumptards lose their shit over trump’s upcoming impeachment but I didn’t think it would such a meltdown after day 1.
    I have never cared What Mitt Romney or Susan Collins do. Don't much care now either. Takes a supermajority to convict. If you think you are going to find 20 RINOs to vote with that loser Romney, welp, good luck.
    Trump got elected, so winners win and all that. Romney would have been a better President rather easily. You still would have gotten all of your policy preferences with out all the baggage.
    I don't think Romney would have been strong on the border or taken on the Chinese (to be fair I thought Trump was ham fisted there but it seems to be working). Romney is a giant pussy as well. But yeah, less baggage for sure. But also less HondoBros meltdowns. And these meltdowns are pretty glorious.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

There are so many low points for the Dems the past 4 years it's hard to choose, but this impeachment business might be the most embarrassing.

It's like if the early 80s coked up SNL cast tried to hold an impeachment proceeding. I can't wait until Schifforbrains has to admit he coordinated with the whistleblower before all this. Doesn't really matter though, because the validity of this whole thing has already unraveled. Now we are just waiting to see if the Dems are stupid enough to hold an impeachment vote based on hearsay and democrat operative schemes. It's over Dems. You lost. Again.
    Their next batch of "witnesses" will have gotten the info 7th hand. The led with their "best" witnesses they hand selected in secret meetings in a basement. I can only imagine how great this will be in the Senate when everyone, including GOP witnesses, get called. Face it. It's over. Find another new scandal to pin your hopes on. Russia, Collusion-gate, Obstruction-gate and now Ukraine were all duds. Just keep trying. And failing.
    Hold on one cotton-picking minute there Slim. Can you show me 51 votes in the senate for a show trial? It’s more than plausible to expect Romney, Collins, Burr and Sasse to vote with the 47 dems for a REAL trial on the articles of impeachment.

I knew Trumptards lose their shit over trump’s upcoming impeachment but I didn’t think it would such a meltdown after day 1.
    I have never cared What Mitt Romney or Susan Collins do. Don't much care now either. Takes a supermajority to convict. If you think you are going to find 20 RINOs to vote with that loser Romney, welp, good luck.
    Trump got elected, so winners win and all that. Romney would have been a better President rather easily. You still would have gotten all of your policy preferences with out all the baggage.
    Disagree. Romney is a prolapsed pussy.
    If terms of winning POTUS elections, yes, which is what I just said above. But it's not like he couldn't have gotten a tax cut and nominated conservative judges.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,085
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Romney had his shot and got his ass kicked by Candy Crowley

Trump ran on revisiting all aid to foreign countries and to take another look at America funding NATO. Then he acted on it.

We had idiots in bow ties who never got elected butt hurt that they don't run the show anymore. That's a policy difference not an impeachable offense

Romney lacked the guts to do that. He's part of the problem

Trump threatening military aid got the Complex up in arms. It is as simple as that
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2019

salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Disagree. Romney is a prolapsed pussy.
    If terms of winning POTUS elections, yes, which is what I just said above. But it's not like he couldn't have gotten a tax cut and nominated conservative judges.
    Disagree.

He never would have taken on China. He never would have told the world to fuck off about the hypocritical Paris accord. He never would have taken on NATO to pay more of
    Their share. He never would have tackled our Southern border situation. And He would have escalated our presence in the ME like all the good Bush/Clinton indoctrinees.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

I don't think Romney would have been strong on the border or taken on the Chinese (to be fair I thought Trump was ham fisted there but it seems to be working). Romney is a giant pussy as well. But yeah, less baggage for sure. But also less HondoBros meltdowns. And these meltdowns are pretty glorious.
    The illegals are still here. The wall isn't built. It's all symbolism over substance rhetoric thus far.

I think Romney would have had a course correction on China too. Romney didn't want your guns either.

The meltdown are glorious in the Tug. It's not good for the country.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Why the meltdown? I just asked what his response would be if questioned in the impeachment inquiry.

My answer wasn't for deranged TDS sufferers.

If you don't want the answer don't ask the question
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

The illegals are still here. The wall isn't built. It's all symbolism over substance rhetoric thus far.

I think Romney would have had a course correction on China too. Romney didn't want your guns either.

Romney wouldn't have stood up to China. Or NATO. Or the Paris accords. Romney never met a challenge he wasn't perfectly cool with not facing. Do agree Romney is probably legit better on guns. Trump always has to be scared back into believing in the 2nd Amendment. One of my major issues with Trump quite frankly. That and his bone spurs.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Progress is happening on the wall despite the Establishment united to stop it. The illegals were never being rounded up. Stop the flow and deal with what we have. Trump offered a DACA deal two years ago

He's not the dictator his opponents claim. Congress plays a role here.

Starting with Bubba through Obama there was lots of talk about illegals. Trump acted and became Public Enemy #1. It takes fortitude to stand up to the mob. None of the 16 GOP candidates had it. That's why Trump won

To complain about his tone while ignoring the last three years of lies and abuse by his opponents strikes me as a bit short sighted
    The world just won't work the way I want and I hate myself. FYFMFE.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,283
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Who is investigating Trump?

At least 4 of his opponents are in the Senate

The DNC is investigating Trump

Its not a crime

4 dem senators threatened to withhold aide from Ukraine unless they looked into some things.

Seems ok to the DNC.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I did a quick search on Romeny and the wall and illegals and found a mish mash of agreeing with Trump but not liking how Trump talks because he is divisive and racist

Which is exactly what GOP voters are not looking for. More PC bullshit from alleged conservatives.

Romney is a Senator now. Any legislation or leadership coming from him? 2024 beckons. Be a man Mitt
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Romney had his shot and got his ass kicked by Candy Crowley

Trump ran on revisiting all aid to foreign countries and to take another look at America funding NATO. Then he acted on it.

We had idiots in bow ties who never got elected butt hurt that they don't run the show anymore. That's a policy difference not an impeachable offense

Romney lacked the guts to do that. He's part of the problem

Trump threatening military aid got the Complex up in arms. It is as simple as that

Rats have been politicizing policy difference since Reagan, this is nothing more than a continuation of that trend. They tried to do this with Reagan and the tried it with both Bush I and II.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Doogles said:

Progress is happening on the wall despite the Establishment united to stop it. The illegals were never being rounded up. Stop the flow and deal with what we have. Trump offered a DACA deal two years ago

He's not the dictator his opponents claim. Congress plays a role here.

Starting with Bubba through Obama there was lots of talk about illegals. Trump acted and became Public Enemy #1. It takes fortitude to stand up to the mob. None of the 16 GOP candidates had it. That's why Trump won

To complain about his tone while ignoring the last three years of lies and abuse by his opponents strikes me as a bit short sighted
    If for nothing more than his cleaning up of the VA which has been a fucking shit hole for years under both Republican and Rat Administrations Trump has earned my vote. Obama had 8 years and the problems at the VA only got worse. Trump actually is doing something and he is getting zero credit for it.
    And don’t forget the new crime bill that no one talks about.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks like I was right again

https://foxnews.com/politics/dems-shift-rhetoric-from-quid-pro-quo-to-bribery-after-impeachment-focus-groups

Goodbye “quid pro quo.” Hello “bribery.”

Democrats are shifting the language they use to describe the allegations against President Trump in the House impeachment inquiry. And that change has come after the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee recently conducted focus groups to determine which description sounds more damning to voters, The Washington Post reported.

The paper said the DCCC conducted these focus groups in key House battlegrounds and asked participants whether “quid pro quo,” “extortion” or “bribery” was more compelling. “Bribery” was determined to be more effective.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

https://foxnews.com/politics/dems-shift-rhetoric-from-quid-pro-quo-to-bribery-after-impeachment-focus-groups

Democrats are shifting the language they use to describe the allegations against President Trump in the House impeachment inquiry. And that change has come after the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee recently conducted focus groups to determine which description sounds more damning to voters, The Washington Post reported.

The paper said the DCCC conducted these focus groups in key House battlegrounds and asked participants whether “quid pro quo,” “extortion” or “bribery” was more compelling. “Bribery” was determined to be more effective.

Both are impeachable offenses, does it matter what they call it?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Since the DNC did a focus group on what to call it I'm going to say yes, it matters. To the DNC
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

Since the DNC did a focus group on what to call it I'm going to say yes, it matters. To the DNC
    And?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This is exactly how bad it’s going for trump in the impeachment inquiry.