Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

#MoveAway?

Options
1235»

Comments

• BearsWiin
    BearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Blu82 said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Florida’s beaches, particularly along the southeast and southwest coastlines, blow away California’s beaches. The water is a hell of a lot clearer and warmer too. And the big game fishing is way better. Same goes for the air quality. No comparison. Except for surfing. Massive edge to Cali on that front. Waves matter.

Driving the coastlines is a different story. California has a lot more natural beauty as a state, and the Mediterranean climate is a lot more comfortable overall than the sub tropical climate in Florida, but only a dumbass would limit their experiences to one or the other. Drive a convertible along the Florida Keys Highway and get passed out drunk in Key West with a couple strippers. Unless you’re HondoFS, you’ll have a blast. He’d wake up with his asshole on fire, so maybe he’d have an excuse. Do the same (over a couple days) from Crescent City to Mission Beach along PCH and you’ll also have a blast, unless again, you’re HondoFS.

The board of abundance is slipping this morning. Christ.

FWIW as someone who lives between PCH and the ocean, I don't need A/C in the summer and the most I need in the winter is a sweatshirt

climate matters
    You live in paradise and don't have to work. Can't figure out why you're such a salty bastard most of the time.
    Tourist traffic cuts into the time I can spend doing squats overlooking the ocean with a former fitness trainer who looks like Tauriel and discussing which is better for a Christmas trip, Kaanapali or Hanalei Bay

And how was your morning?

Ok things we can agree on. I fucking hate tourist traffic on PCH. We do our Hawaii trips in Summer though since Winters here are nice and we can gtfo during peak tourist season.
    We usually do Hawaii in the summer also, but lately we've been tossing around the idea of flying into Milan this June and doing a monthlong tour around the Alps. However, our oldest has said that he doesn't really want to be traveling for that long a time, so we're now thinking about cutting the summer trip in half. That affords the opportunity to use the saved travel money on a quick trip to Maui over New Years, and Alaska just sent us some enticing offers that we're considering. Problem is that this close to the holidays the vacation rental market has almost nothing available. Tauriel has already booked Hanalei Bay
    From the beach in SW Costa Rica I say, FUCK ALL YOU LOOSERS!

College beach volleyball starts in January. I'll mosey on up there then. (Florida)

On a side note, I'm amazed this communication technology actually works from here.
    Just like the guy promised!

Middle son had a classmate die down there from a stomach bug while on vacation

Watch out for the hookworms too

Team First World
  • Blu82
    Blu82 Member Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I'll let my cook know.
  • BearsWiin
    BearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969
    Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Florida’s beaches, particularly along the southeast and southwest coastlines, blow away California’s beaches. The water is a hell of a lot clearer and warmer too. And the big game fishing is way better. Same goes for the air quality. No comparison. Except for surfing. Massive edge to Cali on that front. Waves matter.

Driving the coastlines is a different story. California has a lot more natural beauty as a state, and the Mediterranean climate is a lot more comfortable overall than the sub tropical climate in Florida, but only a dumbass would limit their experiences to one or the other. Drive a convertible along the Florida Keys Highway and get passed out drunk in Key West with a couple strippers. Unless you’re HondoFS, you’ll have a blast. He’d wake up with his asshole on fire, so maybe he’d have an excuse. Do the same (over a couple days) from Crescent City to Mission Beach along PCH and you’ll also have a blast, unless again, you’re HondoFS.

FWIW as someone who lives between PCH and the ocean, I don't need A/C in the summer and the most I need in the winter is a sweatshirt

climate matters
    You live in paradise and don't have to work. Can't figure out why you're such a salty bastard most of the time.
    Tourist traffic cuts into the time I can spend doing squats overlooking the ocean with a former fitness trainer who looks like Tauriel and discussing which is better for a Christmas trip, Kaanapali or Hanalei Bay

Ok things we can agree on. I fucking hate tourist traffic on PCH. We do our Hawaii trips in Summer though since Winters here are nice and we can gtfo during peak tourist season.
    We usually do Hawaii in the summer also, but lately we've been tossing around the idea of flying into Milan this June and doing a monthlong tour around the Alps. However, our oldest has said that he doesn't really want to be traveling for that long a time, so we're now thinking about cutting the summer trip in half. That affords the opportunity to use the saved travel money on a quick trip to Maui over New Years, and Alaska just sent us some enticing offers that we're considering. Problem is that this close to the holidays the vacation rental market has almost nothing available. Tauriel has already booked Hanalei Bay
    I'd send the oldest to summer camp as his other option and keep my month of travel but Hawaii for new years isn't a bad compromise.
    NOC but we figured out a plan to fly our oldest home from Geneva midway through the month long Alp trip, for the same price as if he had flown back with us from Milan.
  • UW_Doog_Bot
    UW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,630 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

I'd send the oldest to summer camp as his other option and keep my month of travel but Hawaii for new years isn't a bad compromise.
    NOC but we figured out a plan to fly our oldest home from Geneva midway through the month long Alp trip, for the same price as if he had flown back with us from Milan.
    Fuck I miss rill travel but I'm house poor and in it to win it with a newborn and a toddler right now. A few years from now and we can spend a month on vacation in the summer.
  • 2001400ex
    2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    BearsWiin said:

Blu82 said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

College beach volleyball starts in January. I'll mosey on up there then. (Florida)

On a side note, I'm amazed this communication technology actually works from here.

Team First World
    A girl I know got a hook worm in Africa. 2 weeks later the dumb thing was still in her foot making it's way around. We had to Google it and tell the doctor in lander, WY what is was, they had no clue.

That being said, Maldives or Bora Bora is my next trip after Italy next may. Probably Bora Bora as it's closer.
  • Sledog
    Sledog Member Posts: 31,706
    Options
    2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

Blu82 said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

Team First World
    A girl I know got a hook worm in Africa. 2 weeks later the dumb thing was still in her foot making it's way around. We had to Google it and tell the doctor in lander, WY what is was, they had no clue.

That being said, Maldives or Bora Bora is my next trip after Italy next may. Probably Bora Bora as it's closer.
    Impressive for a guy that couldn't make it to ding how.
  • 2001400ex
    Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

Blu82 said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

Team First World

I travel for work heavily in the winter and spring. Not so much this time of year. Shocking how you won't show up now that I actually can.
  • creepycoug
    creepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    Options
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I don't want any of them to move. Californians complain about tons of shit so they leave. Wherever they end up they try to remake it into what they just hated and left (see Seattle, Boulder, Denver, etc.). Everywhere they go en masse gets worse. Stay in CA and reap what you have sewn. Stop coming to my state and turning it blue you fucking faggots.

Dude, VA has always been a Blue State. It’s Red state status was just temporary.
    30 years ago VA Dems were all gun toting social conservatives. Maybe I should call it a Progressive State. Either way, it blows. Told CLS to pack her shit last night, we are headed for West Virginia. She is now Mountain Mama, not CLS.
    True.
  • creepycoug
    creepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    Options

CA sucks in a lot of ways right now. But if you want nice weather and beaches where the hell else are you gonna go? There's always going to be a high number of smart, rich folks that want to live there. California is for winners until its not.

That's also true.
  • Sledog
    Sledog Member Posts: 31,706
    Options
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

Blu82 said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

Team First World

I travel for work heavily in the winter and spring. Not so much this time of year. Shocking how you won't show up now that I actually can.
    Funny how you think I'd have access to someone else's property forever. You pussed. You were scared. You never said you were out of town.
  • 2001400ex
    Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

BearsWiin said:

Blu82 said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

Team First World

Funny how you think I'd have access to someone else's property forever. You pussed. You were scared. You never said you were out of town.
    You are lying and making shit up. Idiot.
  • ThomasFremont
    ThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Options
    Imagine moving to a third world country to feel better about yourself.