Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

#MoveAway?

Options

Comments

• Southerndawg
    Southerndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,248 Founders Club
    Options
    Florida’s beaches, particularly along the southeast and southwest coastlines, blow away California’s beaches. The water is a hell of a lot clearer and warmer too. And the big game fishing is way better. Same goes for the air quality. No comparison. Except for surfing. Massive edge to Cali on that front. Waves matter.

Driving the coastlines is a different story. California has a lot more natural beauty as a state, and the Mediterranean climate is a lot more comfortable overall than the sub tropical climate in Florida, but only a dumbass would limit their experiences to one or the other. Drive a convertible along the Florida Keys Highway and get passed out drunk in Key West with a couple strippers. Unless you’re HondoFS, you’ll have a blast. He’d wake up with his asshole on fire, so maybe he’d have an excuse. Do the same (over a couple days) from Crescent City to Mission Beach along PCH and you’ll also have a blast, unless again, you’re HondoFS.

The board of abundance is slipping this morning. Christ.
  • ThomasFremont
    ThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Options

CA sucks in a lot of ways right now. But if you want nice weather and beaches where the hell else are you gonna go? There's always going to be a high number of smart, rich folks that want to live there. California is for winners until its not.

Gulf sure as fuck nicer than the freezing cold Pacific.

#noshrinkage
    lmao @ anything north of Matagorda
    But the MAGAs said Galveston was the Hawaii of Texas!?!?
    Yakima is the Palm Springs of Washington though
    Both places suck so that checks out.
    You’re right, but MOTHER FUCKING WATCH IT!
    At least Yakima produces hops and wine. Palm Springs is definitely worse.
  • PurpleThrobber
    PurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,429
    Options

CA sucks in a lot of ways right now. But if you want nice weather and beaches where the hell else are you gonna go? There's always going to be a high number of smart, rich folks that want to live there. California is for winners until its not.

#noshrinkage
    Palm Springs has superior anal.

Allegedly. NTTAWWT.

• Sledog
    Sledog Member Posts: 31,707
    Options

#noshrinkage
    Palm Springs has superior anal.

Allegedly. NTTAWWT.

Yeah lots of poofters in palm springs and its environs.
  • BearsWiin
    BearsWiin Member Posts: 4,969
    Options

Florida’s beaches, particularly along the southeast and southwest coastlines, blow away California’s beaches. The water is a hell of a lot clearer and warmer too. And the big game fishing is way better. Same goes for the air quality. No comparison. Except for surfing. Massive edge to Cali on that front. Waves matter.

Driving the coastlines is a different story. California has a lot more natural beauty as a state, and the Mediterranean climate is a lot more comfortable overall than the sub tropical climate in Florida, but only a dumbass would limit their experiences to one or the other. Drive a convertible along the Florida Keys Highway and get passed out drunk in Key West with a couple strippers. Unless you’re HondoFS, you’ll have a blast. He’d wake up with his asshole on fire, so maybe he’d have an excuse. Do the same (over a couple days) from Crescent City to Mission Beach along PCH and you’ll also have a blast, unless again, you’re HondoFS.

FWIW as someone who lives between PCH and the ocean, I don't need A/C in the summer and the most I need in the winter is a sweatshirt

climate matters
  • BearsWiin
    Options

BearsWiin said:

FWIW as someone who lives between PCH and the ocean, I don't need A/C in the summer and the most I need in the winter is a sweatshirt

climate matters
    You live in paradise and don't have to work. Can't figure out why you're such a salty bastard most of the time.
    Tourist traffic cuts into the time I can spend doing squats overlooking the ocean with a former fitness trainer who looks like Tauriel and discussing which is better for a Christmas trip, Kaanapali or Hanalei Bay

And how was your morning?

• UW_Doog_Bot
    UW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,631 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters
    You live in paradise and don't have to work. Can't figure out why you're such a salty bastard most of the time.
    Tourist traffic cuts into the time I can spend doing squats overlooking the ocean with a former fitness trainer who looks like Tauriel and discussing which is better for a Christmas trip, Kaanapali or Hanalei Bay

Ok things we can agree on. I fucking hate tourist traffic on PCH. We do our Hawaii trips in Summer though since Winters here are nice and we can gtfo during peak tourist season.
  • YellowSnow
    YellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,305 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

Ok things we can agree on. I fucking hate tourist traffic on PCH. We do our Hawaii trips in Summer though since Winters here are nice and we can gtfo during peak tourist season.
    Because I'm not a pour I took toll roads to your house. Easy breasy, lemon squeezy.
  • YellowSnow
    Options
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

Keeping my carbon foot print down in the home office.
  • RaceBannon
    RaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,648 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    The world is rigged against me
  • BearsWiin
    Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

We usually do Hawaii in the summer also, but lately we've been tossing around the idea of flying into Milan this June and doing a monthlong tour around the Alps. However, our oldest has said that he doesn't really want to be traveling for that long a time, so we're now thinking about cutting the summer trip in half. That affords the opportunity to use the saved travel money on a quick trip to Maui over New Years, and Alaska just sent us some enticing offers that we're considering. Problem is that this close to the holidays the vacation rental market has almost nothing available. Tauriel has already booked Hanalei Bay
  • UW_Doog_Bot
    Options
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

We usually do Hawaii in the summer also, but lately we've been tossing around the idea of flying into Milan this June and doing a monthlong tour around the Alps. However, our oldest has said that he doesn't really want to be traveling for that long a time, so we're now thinking about cutting the summer trip in half. That affords the opportunity to use the saved travel money on a quick trip to Maui over New Years, and Alaska just sent us some enticing offers that we're considering. Problem is that this close to the holidays the vacation rental market has almost nothing available. Tauriel has already booked Hanalei Bay
    I'd send the oldest to summer camp as his other option and keep my month of travel but Hawaii for new years isn't a bad compromise.
  • BearsWiin
    Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

I'd send the oldest to summer camp as his other option and keep my month of travel but Hawaii for new years isn't a bad compromise.
    He'll be 21 this summer so he'd actually have the option of staying home and housesitting like he did last June when we went to Boston, but we prefer to give them the opportunity to travel and see the way other people do things. He also doesn't like Hawaii, so he'd probably stay home and it'd just be the four of us
  • MikeDamone
    MikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

I didn’t realize you were poor..
  • YellowSnow
    Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

@MikeDamone remembers his Montage in Kapalua phase.
  • MikeDamone
    MikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781 Swaye's Wigwam
    Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

@MikeDamone remembers his Montage in Kapalua phase.
    Yeah, I remember my hanging out in icky tourist places phase. Basically all of Maui.

Go to Hawaii in the summer. That really is the best time to leave the west coast for some decent weather.
  • BearsWiin
    Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

#meneither
  • UW_Doog_Bot
    Options
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

#meneither
    It's TUFF being middle class in California.
  • Blu82
    Blu82 Member Posts: 1,534
    Options
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

climate matters

From the beach in SW Costa Rica I say, FUCK ALL YOU LOOSERS!

College beach volleyball starts in January. I'll mosey on up there then. (Florida)

On a side note, I'm amazed this communication technology actually works from here.
    Just like the guy promised!