Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Eason isn't coming back...

Comments

• Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

Houhusky said:

Eason is going to get a top 20 overall grade regardless how the rest of this season plays out just based on his physical potential.

Can someone tell me what the contract difference is in the NFL is between a top 20 overall this year and a top 5 overall pick next year?

About $10 million over 4 years.
    Then Eason should probably take out insurance and come back.

The draft is a deep at QB, Eason obviously isn’t close to ready and next year UWs skill position will be Newton, Puka, Bynum, Otton, and maybe byrant along with whatever freshman come in from the start of the season.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited November 2019
    Houhusky said:

Eason is going to get a top 20 overall grade regardless how the rest of this season plays out just based on his physical potential.

Can someone tell me what the contract difference is in the NFL is between a top 20 overall this year and a top 5 overall pick next year?

I don’t see it. He’s regressed tremendously. I’m not paying him first round money when he’s shown less than Ryan Leaf. ... to date.
    This team is undefeated or at most one loss to Stanford with Ryan Leaf starting
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

Bread said:

Houhusky said:

The draft is a deep at QB, Eason obviously isn’t close to ready and next year UWs skill position will be Newton, Puka, Bynum, Otton, and maybe byrant along with whatever freshman come in from the start of the season.
    Newfish, you dont what you're talking about. the oline gave eason all fucking day. Run blocking great all year. Oh, and eason has to play well for NFL. Nobody throwing in towel but you and your dipshitted bed buddies here!
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,562
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

What makes you think Eason doesn't care? Of the many disappointments this season, he isnt one of them for me. He has some shortcomings and room to grow, but he has given us the best QB play we've had in many years. He has played well enough for a competent team to be 7-2 right now.

Yeah I'm not seeing a lack of passion from Eason. This team gets destroyed by Oregon and Utah without him.
  • Options
  • Options
    TTJ said:

The hot takes on Skinny really fucking bother me. This dude is a fucking boss. He has been as good as advertised--if not better. Pro scouts get it. He's got all the tools. He's fearless. He doesn't puss out under pressure. He will stand in the pocket, face down a blitzer, and take a shot to deliver the ball downfield. And even when his teammates are stinking up the joint with inexcusable penalties, dropped balls, and other unforced errors, Skinny keeps coming back and trying to find a way to win. He doesn't get down on his teammates. He doesn't get intimidated. And he doesn't pout.

Part of Skinny's brand is a fearless willingness to throw balls into small windows. Many of us acknowledged before the season that he would make some bad decisions and throw some balls that he'd end up wishing he hadn't. But I far prefer his gambling swagger over some noodle-armed try-hard out there running backwards everytime he sees pressure.

Skinny threw a couple bad balls yesterday, but UW is incredibly fortunate to have him. It will be tremendous dumb luck for Petersen if he returns in 2020. If not, his detractors are suddenly going to realize what we had in him.

Agree 100% plus I think he likes College and Seattle
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Houhusky said:

I don’t see it. He’s regressed tremendously. I’m not paying him first round money when he’s shown less than Ryan Leaf. ... to date.
    This team is undefeated or at most one loss to Stanford with Ryan Leaf starting
    I don't think the NFL staffs care as much about Washington's season as do you and the others. There is no question that Eason has the entire physical took kit for the NFL, as does Herby. Whatever their flaws, some NFL QB coach thinks he can polish off the warts that the lowly collegiate coaching staffs could not. They are both first round draft picks. Top 5? That's another conversation. But mark my words, if Eason leaves, he and Herby are going first round.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,562
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Eason needs to leave. This coaching staff with a 5* quarterback to lean on is even more pathetic they are when they have an elite defense to lean on.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    TTJ said:

The hot takes on Skinny really fucking bother me. This dude is a fucking boss. He has been as good as advertised--if not better. Pro scouts get it. He's got all the tools. He's fearless. He doesn't puss out under pressure. He will stand in the pocket, face down a blitzer, and take a shot to deliver the ball downfield. And even when his teammates are stinking up the joint with inexcusable penalties, dropped balls, and other unforced errors, Skinny keeps coming back and trying to find a way to win. He doesn't get down on his teammates. He doesn't get intimidated. And he doesn't pout.

Part of Skinny's brand is a fearless willingness to throw balls into small windows. Many of us acknowledged before the season that he would make some bad decisions and throw some balls that he'd end up wishing he hadn't. But I far prefer his gambling swagger over some noodle-armed try-hard out there running backwards everytime he sees pressure.

Skinny threw a couple bad balls yesterday, but UW is incredibly fortunate to have him. It will be tremendous dumb luck for Petersen if he returns in 2020. If not, his detractors are suddenly going to realize what we had in him.

Disagree

1) pro scouts a dumb

2) One of Eason's biggest flaws is his drops are way to deep and he doesnt step up into the pocket at times and instead relies on the browning spin backwards.

The stuff about UW being "incredibly fortunate to have him" is some cringy beta fag stuff...

Eason has turned in a standard top 25 program QB play this season, some great throws and some horrible throws, the type of play UW should expect as a baseline... just because UW has been cursed with horrid QB play for a decade does not mean people should be grovelling at the feet of the savior QB that wasnt.

I hope Eason comes back, he is a good QB that is a positive for the program, but this borderline "not worthy" stuff which is dumb. People are letting their memory of browning warp them into thinking that having a QB that doesnt pout is something special.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

The hot take on Skinny is that he's better than these fucking losers; UW doesn't deserve him.

If I were his papa, I'd tell him to decide today whether he's coming back to UW next year or not, and if he's going to go pro, he should tell Pete he's done at UW so he doesn't risk injury or more "poor" performances trying to make things happen surrounded by limp dick losers, from Petersen to Manu and back again.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

TTJ said:

Disagree

1) pro scouts a dumb

2) One of Eason's biggest flaws is his drops are way to deep and he doesnt step up into the pocket at times and instead relies on the browning spin backwards.

The stuff about UW being "incredibly fortunate to have him" is some cringy beta fag stuff...

Eason has turned in a standard top 25 program QB play this season, some great throws and some horrible throws, the type of play UW should expect as a baseline... just because UW has been cursed with horrid QB play for a decade does not mean people should be grovelling at the feet of the savior QB that wasnt.

I hope Eason comes back, he is a good QB that is a positive for the program, but this borderline "not worthy" stuff which is dumb. People are letting their memory of browning warp them into thinking that having a QB that doesnt pout is something special.
    ^this

Winners read defenses, don’t lock on receivers, don’t throw crap passes into double/triple coverage, don’t fumble on a pussy hit.
  • Options
    NLdawgNLdawg Member Posts: 53
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    Wow. What a thread. Pretty much a microcosm of the millennial doogishness of this bored. Thread and bored summary:

We’re soft. Where are the ALPHAS?!?! We need guys with grit, not these OKG sissies.

If I were Eason, I’d quit to protect myself. It’s everyone else’s fault.

Fire everyone.

• Options

Houhusky said:

Bread said:

Houhusky said:

Newfish, you dont what you're talking about. the oline gave eason all fucking day. Run blocking great all year. Oh, and eason has to play well for NFL. Nobody throwing in towel but you and your dipshitted bed buddies here!
    Coming from the same guy who was fellating Haener not that long ago.
    Wish we had haener now huh? Ok next?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    NLdawg said:

Wow. What a thread. Pretty much a microcosm of the millennial doogishness of this bored. Thread and bored summary:

We’re soft. Where are the ALPHAS?!?! We need guys with grit, not these OKG sissies.

If I were Eason, I’d quit to protect myself. It’s everyone else’s fault.

Fire everyone.

Spot on N if SARC your intention. Pup never knows on this shit sow failing forum. Be nice to have a rational dawg here besides Pumper
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Downvote pups reality you pathetic fucks cant debate. Typical of those with no clue;
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Downvote pups reality you pathetic fucks cant debate. Typical of those with no clue;

I’m not convinced receivers are getting D1 separation
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

What makes you think Eason doesn't care? Of the many disappointments this season, he isnt one of them for me. He has some shortcomings and room to grow, but he has given us the best QB play we've had in many years. He has played well enough for a competent team to be 7-2 right now.

I agree. His coaches and certain teammates let him down. You can figure out who it is.