Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Eason isn't coming back...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,669
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I think hes pretty overall solid. Like a 7.5/10. Good enough to win the PAC with a good supporting cast.

The thing is that you guys watched Browning for 4 years and 3 of them he was a 3.5. Maybe a 4.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I promise you that we will suck if Eason isn’t our starting QB next year. We can pretend like Sirmon will be okay. We can pretend like Morris must be good for winning the job. It ain’t happening. We’ll be just as bad, if not worse if Eason isn’t behind center.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I promise you that we will suck if Eason isn’t our starting QB next year. We can pretend like Sirmon will be okay. We can pretend like Morris must be good for winning the job. It ain’t happening. We’ll be just as bad, if not worse if Eason isn’t behind center.

I don’t think anyone thinks or has said UW would be better off without Eason
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Eason is coming back, so is Molden, Hunter and every other Junior that rally didn’t ball out this year

Eason has no reason to come back. The NFL knows what He has now.

The NFL drafts QBs on potential. They don’t really care about his teams W’s and L’s. And when they identify who they want, they would rather have their own team develop them the next Season as opposed to college coaches.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

Eason is coming back, so is Molden, Hunter and every other Junior that rally didn’t ball out this year

Eason has no reason to come back. The NFL knows what He has now.

The NFL drafts QBs on potential. They don’t really care about his teams W’s and L’s. And when they identify who they want, they would rather have their own team develop them the next Season as opposed to college coaches.
    Fuck out of here
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,368
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Emoterman said:

What makes you think Eason doesn't care? Of the many disappointments this season, he isnt one of them for me. He has some shortcomings and room to grow, but he has given us the best QB play we've had in many years. He has played well enough for a competent team to be 7-2 right now.

I think he cares, apparently more than many long time purple bleeders. I just wouldn't risk guaranteed millions to keep showing up to be let down by the Fullers and Opera Boys and the OL and *redacted*. This is a team full of losers... If you're not coming back to win big next year, hang it up now.
    How would you rank his NFL potential? I personally don't see him leading an NFL team into the playoffs. He just doesn't impress me that much. Sure, he'll get drafted but he'll be in the bottom half of NFL qb talent.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    TTJ said:

The hot takes on Skinny really fucking bother me. This dude is a fucking boss. He has been as good as advertised--if not better. Pro scouts get it. He's got all the tools. He's fearless. He doesn't puss out under pressure. He will stand in the pocket, face down a blitzer, and take a shot to deliver the ball downfield. And even when his teammates are stinking up the joint with inexcusable penalties, dropped balls, and other unforced errors, Skinny keeps coming back and trying to find a way to win. He doesn't get down on his teammates. He doesn't get intimidated. And he doesn't pout.

Part of Skinny's brand is a fearless willingness to throw balls into small windows. Many of us acknowledged before the season that he would make some bad decisions and throw some balls that he'd end up wishing he hadn't. But I far prefer his gambling swagger over some noodle-armed try-hard out there running backwards everytime he sees pressure.

Skinny threw a couple bad balls yesterday, but UW is incredibly fortunate to have him. It will be tremendous dumb luck for Petersen if he returns in 2020. If not, his detractors are suddenly going to realize what we had in him.

What fucking games are you watching?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Eason is going to get a top 20 overall grade regardless how the rest of this season plays out just based on his physical potential.

Can someone tell me what the contract difference is in the NFL is between a top 20 overall this year and a top 5 overall pick next year?

I don’t see it. He’s regressed tremendously. I’m not paying him first round money when he’s shown less than Ryan Leaf. ... to date.
    This team is undefeated or at most one loss to Stanford with Ryan Leaf starting
    I don't think the NFL staffs care as much about Washington's season as do you and the others. There is no question that Eason has the entire physical took kit for the NFL, as does Herby. Whatever their flaws, some NFL QB coach thinks he can polish off the warts that the lowly collegiate coaching staffs could not. They are both first round draft picks. Top 5? That's another conversation. But mark my words, if Eason leaves, he and Herby are going first round.
    Bullshit. This is what EVERYONE said about Rosen. He always sucked and still does.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

We suck now.
    Imagine if Eason was not around, lol this team would 3-6
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

I don’t think anyone thinks or has said UW would be better off without Eason
    I know that. I already know that a lot of fans will talk themselves into thinking Sirmon might be good. That won’t be me. I would love to be wrong because it means we’re winning.