Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's the offensive line's fault we can't convert a 3rd and 1 fupdate

124»

Comments

• NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Criticizing the OL is a go to move for idiots when things aren't going well and they don't know what else to criticize.

OL is literally the best position group on the team this year. Some of you morons are grasping as straws.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,196 Founders Club

Criticizing the OL is a go to move for idiots when things aren't going well and they don't know what else to criticize.

OL is literally the best position group on the team this year. Some of you morons are grasping as straws.

Now I know I'm right

The 08 team had a best position too

Its a 5-3 team so doog it up square head
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,060
    Analytics are jumping the shark and quickly becoming about the most obscure data points people can try to create to make themselves relevant. Analysis paralysis.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Houhusky said:

TE > OL > RB >>>>>>>>> WR

TE has been the best offensive position group on the team consistently since it became cool to hate paopao because recruiting stars
    I think there’s a good debate between TE and OL and QB. Bryant has had some very costly drops, most notably in the Stanford game.

No position has been flawless but those three have been good enough to consistently win without absolute breakdowns from other positions.

Which we have had.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited October 2019

Now I know I'm right

Ho. Lee. Shit.

Let’s never discuss any specific position because all of them were perfect in 91 and all of them have sucked every other season.

RaceFS.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,196 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Now I know I'm right

Ho. Lee. Shit.

Let’s never discuss any specific position because all of them were perfect in 91 and all of them have sucked every other season.

RaceFS.
    dnc said:

Now I know I'm right

Ho. Lee. Shit.

RaceFS.
    dnc said:

Now I know I'm right

Ho. Lee. Shit.

RaceFS.
    I'm discussing the O line

Hope this helps
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited October 2019
    LebamDawg said:

If you can’t see this offense is fucked... I can’t help you

this play would work every time - there is no defense.
    between the random poasting of this specific play and Roadie calling this a rollout pass I feel like im getting wooshed hard

I dont see what is wrong with a RB screen with a fake jet/fly sweep action and the WRs clearing out to the other side of the field...

this is a standard play that every team runs, the only difference is most teams would run it out of the shotgun so the QB doesnt have to turn his back while all the action occurring.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2019
    dnc said:

Houhusky said:

TE > OL > RB >>>>>>>>> WR

TE has been the best offensive position group on the team consistently since it became cool to hate paopao because recruiting stars
    I think there’s a good debate between TE and OL and QB. Bryant has had some very costly drops, most notably in the Stanford game.

No position has been flawless but those three have been good enough to consistently win without absolute breakdowns from other positions.

Which we have had.
    Saying the OL sucks is like saying Hunter Bryant sucks for those drops. I would excuse the OL more. Bryant gave the poorest effort of any player all year on the first drop. He let the dead atmosphere affect his game that day. He was awful.

Back to the OL, saying they sick is fiction and it’s stupid. They aren’t the best in the country. It’s on of the better OL’s tho. I would bet they are in the 10-20 range.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Houhusky said:

LebamDawg said:

this play would work every time - there is no defense.
    between the random poasting of this specific play and Roadie calling this a rollout pass I feel like im getting wooshed hard

I dont see what is wrong with a RB screen with a fake jet/fly sweep action and the WRs clearing out to the other side of the field...

this is a standard play that every team runs, the only difference is most teams would run it out of the shotgun so the QB doesnt have to turn his back while all the action occurring.
    That’s why I was confused. The screen makes sense. It was a weird thing to post that and nothing to do with why our offense is fucked. I’m still a little annoyed at myself for not getting it the first time.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

dnc said:

What’s wrong with that play? Looks like a play action rollout to the right. A lot of teams run that.
    Ineligible receiver down field, 10 yard penalty, repeat the down.
    Yikes. Easy to spot now.
    I mean the RB is supposed to end up just behind the LOS to receive the screen no?
    Confirmed that @dnc is the only one here who knows football
    chindisputable
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    EwaDawg said:

The 2000 line that was maligned here won at least two games with 9 minute plus 4th quarter drives on the ground

They also trailed early in most games and won late

The complete opposite of this year

My analytics show that it is because the O line sucks until it doesn't

Beat Utah and we can talk. If we lose it won't be for any other reason than we got our ass beat up front

True. It seems like Pete's lines are generally okay at run blocking (when we need to pick up ten yards) but the pass protection can make Eason look like Brownsox. And, lets not talk about short yardage situations.

Anal-ytics work IF used properly. In this case, I am sure we face a different defensive front at 3-1 than on other longer yardage situations.

I hate Olin Kruetz with a passion but he is what we need right now. With Pete's second best (physically) mentality I have no idea whether his lines will ever be championship caliber.

Fuck off. I just answered my own question.

What the fuck does this mean? Did he fuck your mother?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,773

Doogs. They will doog. That’s what they like to do.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,773
    Great thread. Bump.