Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's the offensive line's fault we can't convert a 3rd and 1 fupdate

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,298 Swaye's Wigwam
    What does that stat have to do with 3rd and 1?
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,111
    HuskyJW said:

What does that stat have to do with 3rd and 1?

1 < 3.

F dnc and his 53 seconds.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    edited October 2019
    Wouldn't this stat be a summary of total running plays over a season? Is there a stat specifically for 3rd and short rushing efficiency? Seems like there should be a focus on our 3rd down success rate which as I recall is terrible.

The 2000 line that was maligned here won at least two games with 9 minute plus 4th quarter drives on the ground

They also trailed early in most games and won late

The complete opposite of this year

My analytics show that it is because the O line sucks until it doesn't

Beat Utah and we can talk. If we lose it won't be for any other reason than we got our ass beat up front

True. It seems like Pete's lines are generally okay at run blocking (when we need to pick up ten yards) but the pass protection can make Eason look like Brownsox. And, lets not talk about short yardage situations.

Anal-ytics work IF used properly. In this case, I am sure we face a different defensive front at 3-1 than on other longer yardage situations.

I hate Olin Kruetz with a passion but he is what we need right now. With Pete's second best (physically) mentality I have no idea whether his lines will ever be championship caliber.

Fuck off. I just answered my own question.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Ok, so #firehuff @RaceBannon ? I don’t think they are terrible, not great for sure but not the worst line we have seen in the last 5 years
    FirePete said:

Ok, so #firehuff @RaceBannon ? I don’t think they are terrible, not great for sure but not the worst line we have seen in the last 5 years

5 < 6. HTH

Please to be comparing Pete's lines to some one other than Pete's lines.

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    EwaDawg said:

The 2000 line that was maligned here won at least two games with 9 minute plus 4th quarter drives on the ground

They also trailed early in most games and won late

The complete opposite of this year

My analytics show that it is because the O line sucks until it doesn't

Beat Utah and we can talk. If we lose it won't be for any other reason than we got our ass beat up front

True. It seems like Pete's lines are generally okay at run blocking (when we need to pick up ten yards) but the pass protection can make Eason look like Brownsox. And, lets not talk about short yardage situations.

Anal-ytics work IF used properly. In this case, I am sure we face a different defensive front at 3-1 than on other longer yardage situations.

I hate Olin Kruetz with a passion but he is what we need right now. With Pete's second best (physically) mentality I have no idea whether his lines will ever be championship caliber.

Fuck off. I just answered my own question.

We need a few Olin kreutz types in the program at this point.

Problem is that:

- Peterman would never recruit him
    - if he did, Olin would be out of the program faster than mosiah niu Liu for just raising his voice or intensely staring at someone
    - Peterman doesn't tolerate jaw breaking fights and all that stuff, Peterman lacks the ruthlessness of a don James ... Of course there's the upside to that ...
    - hell, Peterman punishes his own players for showing competitive spirit and juice and not backing down by getting them to do push-ups in order to form them into the same robotic self as him ...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,196 Founders Club
    FirePete said:

So all of a sudden mediocre is fine with you

Might want to change your loser er user name. No need to fire Pete. His O line isn't terrible

He's never had a good one. You're the second to damn him with that faint praise

edited October 2019

(Holey FUCK the quote function is Fucked UP. And, no, its not operator malfunction).

"We need a few Olin kreutz types in the program at this point.

Problem is that:

- Peterman would never recruit him
    - if he did, Olin would be out of the program faster than mosiah niu Liu for just raising his voice or intensely staring at someone
    - Peterman doesn't tolerate jaw breaking fights and all that stuff, Peterman lacks the ruthlessness of a don James ... Of course there's the upside to that ...
    - hell, Peterman punishes his own players for showing competitive spirit and juice and not backing down by getting them to do push-ups in order to form them into the same robotic self as him ..."

Or sucker punching (and ending a teammates career) some one.

Okay, I am done. For today.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2019
    whuggy said:

Wouldn't this stat be a summary of total running plays over a season? Is there a stat specifically for 3rd and short rushing efficiency? Seems like there should be a focus on our 3rd down success rate which as I recall is terrible.

Our 3rd/4th down short yardage rate would be good. Newton was dominating in that role. I can also think of two TD’s Ahmed got on 4th down. One vs Oregon from the 11 and a long one vs Cal.