Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

It's the offensive line's fault we can't convert a 3rd and 1 fupdate

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,196 Founders Club

There is one play Race is basing things off. One play that was one of the worst calls I’ve ever witnessed.

The stat DNC is using proves why Ahmed is running good. He’s not a back that can succeed without great blocking.

Bullshit

What one play?

I posted the cal scoring recap for fucks sake

Sounds like you don't have an argument

Long drives ending in a field goal

Inability to convert in the red zone led to the Cal loss that led to the season ending suddenly

Everyone is focused on Oregon but the O line cost us the season early on

Ahmed had 120 yards plus. Skinny was under duress all night. When it came time to get it done we didn't

Its a simple game made complex by people that get paid a lot of money to do so

It’s almost like we didn’t false start on the one and Baccallia didn’t fuck up an easy TD.
    Excuses are for losers
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FirePete said:

Ok, so #firehuff @RaceBannon ? I don’t think they are terrible, not great for sure but not the worst line we have seen in the last 5 years

So all of a sudden mediocre is fine with you

Might want to change your loser er user name. No need to fire Pete. His O line isn't terrible

He's never had a good one. You're the second to damn him with that faint praise

On the list of what is wrong with the team. OL is 3 on my list. ILB,, WR and then OL. But on relative basis to the ILB, our OL is all America level. Still want pete fired.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,023 Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Ok, so #firehuff @RaceBannon ? I don’t think they are terrible, not great for sure but not the worst line we have seen in the last 5 years

Might want to change your loser er user name. No need to fire Pete. His O line isn't terrible

On the list of what is wrong with the team. OL is 3 on my list. ILB,, WR and then OL. But on relative basis to the ILB, our OL is all America level. Still want pete fired.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

There is one play Race is basing things off. One play that was one of the worst calls I’ve ever witnessed.

The stat DNC is using proves why Ahmed is running good. He’s not a back that can succeed without great blocking.

Bullshit

What one play?

No you haven’t. It’s one play vs Oregon. I went over this before. You’re arguing to argue. It’s stupid.

Check the play by play. None of the drives ended from a sack or not getting it by running.

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Our OL is better than our DL and probably our secondary too.
    Wrong
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

Our OL is better than our DL and probably our secondary too.
    Wrong
    Nope

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

If the OL was great they would wear other defenses out like furd did our defense. They did it with 6 active OL. Our d took it like lil bitches. I have not seen our OL dominate anyone with a pulse.

Bullshit

What one play?

No you haven’t. It’s one play vs Oregon. I went over this before. You’re arguing to argue. It’s stupid.

Check the play by play. None of the drives ended from a sack or not getting it by running.
    I've never mentioned one play against Oregon

I didn't even watch the first 52 minutes of the game

You latched onto that early and often but I never said it

I've given plenty of evidence of my position

You just keep making excuses

Bullshit

What one play?

You’re wrong. Now you’re inevitably waiting for them to fuck yo vs Utah. If they do, I’ll admit they blew it. They haven’t so far this year.

Your FS day at is 5-3 and the FG’s. Good look at the play by plays. None were because we missed short yardage conversions. The OL doesn’t throw and catch the ball. They don’t call the plays.

Criticize what should be criticized. LB’s, WR’s, coaching, DL at times.... It’s not the OL. It’s not hard. Absolutely nothing supports your opinion.

Bullshit

What one play?

You’re wrong. Now you’re inevitably waiting for them to fuck yo vs Utah. If they do, I’ll admit they blew it. They haven’t so far this year.

Your FS day at is 5-3 and the FG’s. Good look at the play by plays. None were because we missed short yardage conversions. The OL doesn’t throw and catch the ball. They don’t call the plays.

Criticize what should be criticized. LB’s, WR’s, coaching, DL at times.... It’s not the OL. It’s not hard. Absolutely nothing supports your opinion.
    It starts with the O line

Basic shit Roadie

They have fucked up. You already sound nervous about Utah. You should be

5-3 they have fucked up. Bigly. Its an average line at best as the results show

Front runners who fade to black in the 4th quarter.

You guys are both right. The OL does well generally, but when they really fucking need to get the job done, they dont

I hate when mom and dad fight!!!

There is a lot of truth in this hence the front runner label

Pete in general is one of those coaches who struggles once the script runs out of the 20 plays or whatever.

Then it just gets fucking random

If he had Michigan Saturday night against Notre Dame Pete would have started throwing bubble screens and shit instead of just running the damn ball

I suspect that even if Pete ever did get a GREAT O line he'd fuck it up
    edited October 2019

You guys are both right. The OL does well generally, but when they really fucking need to get the job done, they dont

My point is that when it needs to happen has been once. Oregon matched down and scored after the punt too. The defense completely collapsed late.

We aren’t losing games because the OL is failing us. Nobody is commenting that the OL sucks in the game threads. All of our RB’s get yards. Eason has plenty of time to pass. He’s not consistently under pressure. These are things a good OL does.

This stat shows the OL is opening holes in the run game. It doesn’t change 5-3 but still. We run the ball well and Eason has time to throw. That’s what you ask an OL to do. They have done it. Case closed.

The OL could always be better. It’s been good this year and it’s just finding something new to bitch about. It’s not accurate.
    Its completely accurate

Red zone failure

Punked by Stanford

Couldn't close against Oregon

Results matter

5 and 3
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

There is a lot of truth in this hence the front runner label

Pete in general is one of those coaches who struggles once the script runs out of the 20 plays or whatever.

Then it just gets fucking random

If he had Michigan Saturday night against Notre Dame Pete would have started throwing bubble screens and shit instead of just running the damn ball

I suspect that even if Pete ever did get a GREAT O line he'd fuck it up
    Uncle bumblefuck Race you are wrong on this one.

The OL is not as good as I hoped it would be, probably not as good as it should be.

Its an average, ok, OL

Its not good enough to win games alone, but its also not so bad that its directly causing losses like the WR or ILB.

I remember actual OLs that sucked, Juan Garcia and Ossais on the field... This OL is not that

IMO the short yardage and critical down struggles are largely because of the poor play calling/scheme, a RB that goes down at first contact, and a WR corps so inept the defense can sell out to stop the run or blitz on any short yardage down.

The OL is not as good as I hoped it would be, probably not as good as it should be.

Its an average, ok, OL

That's what I've been saying

My opponents have no counter so they invent things I didn't say

And they have cost us in our losses

You know I'm used to arguing against crowds of doogs as one lone voice

I'm fine