Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hamdan

124»

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I would like to point out that certain people on here loved the Hamdan hire for TBS purposes. From what I can tell he has not done shit on that front, either. Someone feel free to correct me on that so that I can feel mildly better about him. I'll take your comments off the air.

I’m not convinced he didn’t recruit skinny from Georgia.
    He’s the whitest black dude ever. 👀 at that tan line.

Well, he’s Palestinian and Pakistani, so.......
    Well look at the OC Race Superiority Guy.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Double post buttfuck it.

Has it ever felt like the goal of the offense was to score as many points as possible?

Not to me. They seem to be in a weird mental game with themselves trying to counter the opponent's counter that was a counter to our original set up to the counter.

It's really not that hard Pete. You're mindfucking your players, your OC, yourself, and everybody other than the other team's defense. Be the bully.

Yes. Paralysis by Analysis should be the name of our playbook.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

One of the main problems I have with our offense is that the defense dictates what we do on offense to a maddening extent.

All offenses game plan, but many teams that are good run what they run and they are so well versed at doing it because it’s been drilled so many times.

According to Pete, we don’t have an offense we run plays. It’s been obvious that it’s too analytical of an offense for years.

Pete’s made comments that are striking when he compares our offense to our defense. I beat that into the ground in 2014 and 2015 when I seriously questioned whether Pete would be the guy because the offense sucked and it was trending down at Boise State.

He’s proven that he is the guy, but the offense is still fundamentally flawed and does not bring out the best in our talent.

We have a good OL, three good backs, two NFL TE’s, and a QB who can make every throw. This should be an explosive and eifficient offense. We are definitely improved from last year, but the offense is still hit and miss and imo it all comes back to Pete and his scheme.

It’s fair to criticize Hamden, but our OC’s are hampered by Pete and his system.

This, this, this. Spot on Roadie.

It's the obsession with being "multiple" which Pete has expressed constantly since he's been here. Jack of all trades, master of none. Which, when we're struggling, makes it really difficult to get on track because there's no bread and butter to fall back on that we know works.

When you have the amount of talent we do on offense, get really, really good at a couple things and go dominate. Impose your will. Big dick the opposition for one god damn time.

It's year 6 and our offensive identity is to not have an identity and that's by design. Yikes.
    This is the thing that gets me, the offense clearly wants to be a motion mismatch offense but then we either have a retard QB that cant execute it or we dont use the motion to actually create mismatches with the elite athletes we have/had at TE and RB.

This is why I get so frustrated we rarely see Otton, Byrant, Ahmed, and Newton on the field at the same time... this seems like the perfect personnel package to get mismatches all over the field and actually utilize a QB that can throw with conjunction with the pre-snap motion offense.

If the defense goes heavy counter with a spread formation of Byrant, Otton, and Ahmed running pass routes against slower LBers.

If the defense goes nickel or dime just run it down their throats inside with Newton or outside with Ahmed.

In theory this idea fits Pets "philosophy" of counter the defense playbook but WE? dont even do that.