Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hamdan

DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,477
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Has to go. Every loss the last 2 years is on the offense.

Proven can't finish in the redzone (He pulled out the speed option inside the 10 wtf)

Proven can't sustain drives and consistently puts D in bad spots

Proven shrivel dick syndrome when it's tight, no killer instinct to bury opponent.

Proven doesn't know his own personnel. Haener getting any first reps is a joke. Baccelia seeing the field is a joke.

Has to go.

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,650
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm coming around to this.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    FirePete said:

I don’t understand why we got cute? We were moving the ball fine without the trick plays. Red zone is not good but still, but some of the play calling has been very questionable

I have never gotten it either. I am at a loss for words sometimes with that bs.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FirePete said:

I don’t understand why we got cute? We were moving the ball fine without the trick plays. Red zone is not good but still, but some of the play calling has been very questionable

Yep, it was a classic retarded move.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I was going to start a thread with the trick play as the topic, but I'll just poast here. Let me preface it by saying that I also blame Petersen for the offensive woes. He's a big boss and if he wants change on offense, he'll demand it.

Anyway, that trick play right after getting the ball on the 50 yard-line was completely unnecessary. You have a two-touchdown lead. Know the fucking situation. Put together a nice drive and get some points. That's how you put the final nail in the coffin. There's no need for a toss-sweep, double reverse, flea-flicker bullshit. It's not needed at that point. Plus, that shit works on less talented defenses that might have a tendency to over-pursue plays.

I'm focusing on one play, but it's really a little window at the small school Boise State mentality. Just line up and push their shit in. You don't need an explosive play at that point. You're in the driver's seat. Just take control of the game and #finish.

After that shitshow of a play, the win felt like a loss.

Petersen snatching moral losses from the jaws of victory.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

"yeah, it was a good win. please, no questions about the trick play ... that was FS..."
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    FirePete said:

Grinding them down, using clock, getting two first downs and kicking another FG to go up 3 scores midway through the 4th and the game would have been over (for everyone but Wazzu).

Definitely the perfect time for trickeration!

FYFMFE
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

I was going to start a thread with the trick play as the topic, but I'll just poast here. Let me preface it by saying that I also blame Petersen for the offensive woes. He's a big boss and if he wants change on offense, he'll demand it.

Anyway, that trick play right after getting the ball on the 50 yard-line was completely unnecessary. You have a two-touchdown lead. Know the fucking situation. Put together a nice drive and get some points. That's how you put the final nail in the coffin. There's no need for a toss-sweep, double reverse, flea-flicker bullshit. It's not needed at that point. Plus, that shit works on less talented defenses that might have a tendency to over-pursue plays.

I'm focusing on one play, but it's really a little window at the small school Boise State mentality. Just line up and push their shit in. You don't need an explosive play at that point. You're in the driver's seat. Just take control of the game and #finish.

Get 15 yards, kick a field goal, and it's a 3 possession game in the 4th quarter.

Eason is playing himself into a top 5 pick. There is no way in fuck you even joke about the competition being even with Haener. Pete preaches the importance of reps and then fucks off half of them at the most important position. Wtf are we doing on O???!
    Eason is good enough and had a ton of reps in practice last year. I liked trying to keep haener in it. Thinking he stays and starts next year. It was a strategy that didn't work. And I don't see that Eason has struggled from the less reps in practice. Do you?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    That reverse bullshit up 2 TD was inexcusable
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    animate said:

"yeah, it was a good win. please, no questions about the trick play ... that was FS..."

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,878
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Doogles said:

Get 15 yards, kick a field goal, and it's a 3 possession game in the 4th quarter.

Eason is playing himself into a top 5 pick. There is no way in fuck you even joke about the competition being even with Haener. Pete preaches the importance of reps and then fucks off half of them at the most important position. Wtf are we doing on O???!
    Eason is good enough and had a ton of reps in practice last year. I liked trying to keep haener in it. Thinking he stays and starts next year. It was a strategy that didn't work. And I don't see that Eason has struggled from the less reps in practice. Do you?
    Watching those drops in the CAL game I had to think that more reps with the WRs may have helped them get used to Eason throwing to them. One less drop in that game could have easily been the difference.