Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stadium not full

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,355 Swaye's Wigwam
    it's full now
  • gabemarkskneegabemarksknee Member Posts: 336

it's full now

It is?

I see silver seats everywhere.

P12 blows. Can't sell shit sandwiches.
  • gabemarkskneegabemarksknee Member Posts: 336

jecornel said:

Pathetic.

I hear the official game thread is great
    Too much bullshit to filter through
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,440 Founders Club
    Yes it's pathetic and even sadder

Yes it's the new norm

Can cross SC off the list. Now there's only 2 teams left that can get the stadium full. Cougs and Zeros and that is only b/c they have fan bases close enough to get to the game. Other than that or a rare OOC game low 60K's is the high end, 50k is the low end for attendance at the Greatest Setting in College Football.

Hindsight Scott W was exactly right when he wanted to shrink stadium capacity but got pushback on the idea. And to think when it was all done, he said they even could add more seats if needed. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    jecornel said:

The stadium was not full yesterday. Lots of empty patches and sections.

Student section was mostly full and surprisingly stayed for the whole game. Shout-out. They waited for 50 t-shirts....way to go UW. 50 shirts.

But Jen Cohen is the greatest AD ever because she handed out t-shirts yesterday.

Was it even 50? I'm a student and we all got excited for the Adidas giveaway. I saw about 5-10 plastic bags just getting tossed like 5 rows up and no one close to me got anything.

Worst giveaway of a game I've been at, by far.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    dhdawg said:

jecornel said:

Student section was mostly full and surprisingly stayed for the whole game. Shout-out. They waited for 50 t-shirts....way to go UW. 50 shirts.

But Jen Cohen is the greatest AD ever because she handed out t-shirts yesterday.

Was it even 50? I'm a student and we all got excited for the Adidas giveaway. I saw about 5-10 plastic bags just getting tossed like 5 rows up and no one close to me got anything.

It didn't look like 50 from afar. Pretty bad. The foam finger give away was pretty bad.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

dhdawg said:

jecornel said:

Agreed. Jesus, Adidas is cheap. You want to make a statement for the launch party give an Adidas giveaway to EVERYONE!!!! in the student section.
    Somehow, it's hard.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,895 Swaye's Wigwam
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,165
    I got four or five free shirts as a student. Not hard.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

I blame @PurpleBaze

Was there a terrorist threat that prevented people from getting to their seats on time?
    We were stuck outside the south entrance for like 30 minutes waiting to get in.

• whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

I blame @PurpleBaze

Was there a terrorist threat that prevented people from getting to their seats on time?
    This. It's a pet peeve of mine. You can't leave the tailgate a half hour earlier and get to your seat? It's starting to be like a Dodger crowd. The energy in the stands was good yesterday on the plus side. And Jen has taken some of the suggestions to make the experience more tolerable including dumping the Zone and eliminating most of the seizure inducing elements.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    jecornel said:

Pathetic.

Yeah people would rather pound comments on a message board game thread. Then bitch that we're not elite. Fans have to do their part in being elite and it starts with going to some games.