Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stadium not full

13»

Comments

• 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,470 Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

89ute said:

whuggy said:

The Ducks show up as well or better. Mostly because theres nothing else to do in Eugene whereas Seattle has lots of options. But let's face it. We are not a Tier 1 program or fan base. Maybe soon.

Not even close. Oregon 2019 ave attendance 50,009 UW 66,650. UW top attendance in the Pac by far. Next, SC 58,386. Bulk at 50-45k, then the bottom feeders.
    That's meaningless. Go by % of stadium that is full. And there is absolutely no fucking way we had an average of 66,650 in the stands. I've said this before. Attendance means ATTENDING THE GAME. Shit for North Dakota there was probably 30,000 if that.
    The only way you're going to get what you're looking for is to shrink the stadium to 55k. Tough pill to swallow. Giving up 10K in currently sold tickets plus the cost of construction. Until you're ticket sales drop, you're fucked. Enjoy the aluminum.

If you can figure out how to get 100% of the people who bought a ticket to show up you'll be a wealthy marketing genius. 100 schools across the country will pay for your services. If you can figure out how to sell more tickets over the previous year, again, you're a genius.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Emoterman said:

8 minutes before kickoff, 12.32 PM, after announced game start.

During the first play from scrimmage of the 2nd half.

Fuck our fans. SC at fucking noon with BEAUTIFUL weather, games are still relevant.

And we want nice things. We don't deserve it.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    Stadium was electric yesterday. It wasn’t as all time as 2016 Stanford, but pretty loud and solid turnout.

I too was bummed to see the upper sections of the decks empty. Lower those prices. Also surprised the SW corner of the student section wasn’t full. But all in all, it was solid.

Whoregon game already sold out.

Adidas Launch “Party” was an absolute disaster.

Get students food and make those fuckers help with more Go Huskies chants, wave, and shit.
    Beno4Life said:

Stadium was electric yesterday. It wasn’t as all time as 2016 Stanford, but pretty loud and solid turnout.

I too was bummed to see the upper sections of the decks empty. Lower those prices. Also surprised the SW corner of the student section wasn’t full. But all in all, it was solid.

Get students food and make those fuckers help with more Go Huskies chants, wave, and shit.

Oregon might be sold out, doesn't mean stadium will be full. Will be intersting to see game time. If it's 7:30 there will be tons of empty seats.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,087 Swaye's Wigwam
    I pay for 8 tickets each year. I've been told repeatedly I hate money. Havent missed more than 2 home games total since the late 70s when i started going with one of the dads. Missed weddings, kids sports and all sorts of shit to go to Huskie games. Usually get to at least one or 2 road games a year. Alot of people bitching about UW crowds. Would be interesting to see how many are actually there while doing it.
  • gabemarkskneegabemarksknee Member Posts: 336
    whlinder said:

The downturn of the Huskies coincided with the rise of the Seahawks. It took years of that situation, plus a Super Bowl, for the Seahawks to establish their current fan base.

This is one reason why I root against those fuckers so vehemently. A shitty, apathetic Seahawks team benefits the Huskies and puts butts in seats in Husky Stadium.

100% agree and so do I.

They are inadvertent competitors
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,356
    Fire Pete..........Caroll
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    whuggy said:

Beno4Life said:

Oregon might be sold out, doesn't mean stadium will be full. Will be intersting to see game time. If it's 7:30 there will be tons of empty seats.
    You don't know electric. 2016 Stanford was the last electric game.
    Pool boy was wrong. He wanted the hottest ticket in town. He should have built a 45,000 seat stadium.
    edited September 2019
    jecornel said:

Pool boy was wrong. He wanted the hottest ticket in town. He should have built a 45,000 seat stadium.

jecornel said:

65000 would have been ideal.
    whuggy said:

jecornel said:

jecornel said:

65000 would have been ideal.
    Yes. The sweet spot.
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member Posts: 1,960
    Emoterman said:

8 minutes before kickoff, 12.32 PM, after announced game start.

During the first play from scrimmage of the 2nd half.

Fuck our fans. SC at fucking noon with BEAUTIFUL weather, games are still relevant.

I'm in both of these pics