Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stadium not full

Comments

• whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    jecornel said:

The stadium was not full yesterday. Lots of empty patches and sections.

Student section was mostly full and surprisingly stayed for the whole game. Shout-out. They waited for 50 t-shirts....way to go UW. 50 shirts.

But Jen Cohen is the greatest AD ever because she handed out t-shirts yesterday.

jecornel said:

Student section was mostly full and surprisingly stayed for the whole game. Shout-out. They waited for 50 t-shirts....way to go UW. 50 shirts.

But Jen Cohen is the greatest AD ever because she handed out t-shirts yesterday.

Student section was the best I've ever seen. Probably 4-5000 empty seats elsewhere.

UW fans are pretty gay nowadays, but the stadium looked great on TV, we had big time athletes doing stud-like things, so I'm good.

I see it as part of a general upswing. Oregon will be the ultimate test.

Couldn't disagree more. People show up for Oregon, SC, Cougs. The test is if you get people in for the crap games like Eastern and Hawaii. When Husky fans start turning out for those then you know we're a serious fan base. Until then we suck.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    I’d guess that’s a turnstile number (66,975), and that (virtually) all tickets were sold.

dhdawg said:

jecornel said:

Was it even 50? I'm a student and we all got excited for the Adidas giveaway. I saw about 5-10 plastic bags just getting tossed like 5 rows up and no one close to me got anything.

Worst giveaway of a game I've been at, by far.
    When the announced it I told the guy next to me they need to get 1000 coupons for Dicks and 1000 Slices of Pizza Hut. Students want food.
    That is a fucking superb suggestion that should go directly to Jen's office. YVBE
    TTJ said:

I’d guess that’s a turnstile number (66,975), and that (virtually) all tickets were sold.

They were all sold. And my source for tickets told me there was a long waiting list. Now that is for good seats. I don't know about nosebleeds and bleachers.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,497 Founders Club
    edited September 2019
    It's a trend. Stop charging people an arm and a leg, plus some donation for a couple of seats. Stop with the hip hop bullshit and neon ads. Let students come in wasted and sit between the 30s again. Students are nerds now. In my day, there were fewer foreign kids and poindexters. They knew how to party a little.

https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/03/27/college-football-game-attendance-still-on-the-decline-why-whats-the-solution-how-does-it-relate-to-uga-football/

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    It is what it is until they let me and Freeme bring our growlers and bongs inside...
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    edited September 2019
    Eh you guys probably have the best fanbase out west

We get up pretty decently when we're good for a couple years. Graham fucking blew it
    The Ducks show up as well or better. Mostly because theres nothing else to do in Eugene whereas Seattle has lots of options. But let's face it. We are not a Tier 1 program or fan base. Maybe soon.
  • 89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,470 Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

The Ducks show up as well or better. Mostly because theres nothing else to do in Eugene whereas Seattle has lots of options. But let's face it. We are not a Tier 1 program or fan base. Maybe soon.

Not even close. Oregon 2019 ave attendance 50,009 UW 66,650. UW top attendance in the Pac by far. Next, SC 58,386. Bulk at 50-45k, then the bottom feeders.
    edited September 2019
    89ute said:

whuggy said:

Not even close. Oregon 2019 ave attendance 50,009 UW 66,650. UW top attendance in the Pac by far. Next, SC 58,386. Bulk at 50-45k, then the bottom feeders.
    That's meaningless. Go by % of stadium that is full. And there is absolutely no fucking way we had an average of 66,650 in the stands. I've said this before. Attendance means ATTENDING THE GAME. Shit for North Dakota there was probably 30,000 if that.
  • gabemarkskneegabemarksknee Member Posts: 336
    whuggy said:

I remember LSU in 2012 vs UW.

Not sold out. Probably 5-6k empty.

whuggy said:

I remember LSU in 2012 vs UW.

Not sold out. Probably 5-6k empty.
    Yep. People don't understand the difference between sold out and 100% full. It's not hard.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    89ute said:

whuggy said:

You still don't count dude
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

8 minutes before kickoff, 12.32 PM, after announced game start.

During the first play from scrimmage of the 2nd half.

Fuck our fans. SC at fucking noon with BEAUTIFUL weather, games are still relevant.