Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Backstory on the Smalls recruitment

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Some of you get butthurt for very small reasons

My point was simply that the Smalls news today has been trending this way for a while ... this shouldn’t be a surprise.

As for the comment of “wanting to be noticed” that’s funny ... I don’t claim to be a recruiting expert in any way, shape, or form ... I have far bigger things going on in life right now to even consider thinking in those terms

The idea of Smalls waiting until closer to the first Signing Day always seemed like the most logical ... happy it’s done with early

Please stop!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Shut the fuck up dude and that’s coming from me...
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,776
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Not going to find this on bd2w

Rent free
    Well played
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,647
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

Baseman said:

chuck said:

Tequilla said:

Not trying to take away from my buddy Baseman who has some really good nuggets here ... but the tea leaves for Smalls were out there for a while

I had also heard from someone inside the program that the feeling was that Smalls was in the bag
    Yes, Teq, everyone notices you.

I had a feeling this would go this way for the same reasons Baseman described beginning when he and Huard became public BFFs. It wasnt tea leaves or inside info. It was just optimism spurred by the changed situation.

Big fucking deal. I didn't feel it strongly enough to say so here. I didn't show up after a long absence and downplay/diminish a great, informative post. I'm not a attention whoring fuck bag though.
    SAY IT. Say it often and say it proud.

Yeah, a lot of what I posted if you have followed Smalls recruitment—and it’s hard not to with the great work the TBSs have done staying on top of things—aren’t earth shattering revelations.

The biggest key for Smalls signing is when he called UW and apologized for handled himself, not something you’d expect from a 5 star rated teenager every program nationally has slobbered over at one point or another.

Despite what Joey Thomas might say, he despises UW for what “happened to him” twenty years ago. he’s pissed Pete dropped T. Harrison, he advanced the narrative the OKG moniker was elitist and non-inclusive.
    He sounds like a good kid with good parents that have raised him up to be a man. The more I hear about this kid, the more I like him.
    I was unimpressed when he dropped UW, but the truth is I didn't know the first thing about him, his personality, who was influencing him, or anything else. I rushed to judgement a bit, but not harshly. I'm thankful for that. Seems to be a cool kid who readily learns lessons from his own actions. That's not common in this generation (see my young friend BTP's recent behavior as an example).
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

animate said:

Joey Thomas and UW have a good relationship. Don't understand where this narrative is coming from.

oooh, interesting!

so, was Joey Thomas supportive or not?

Is this just an easy narrative to blame someone then?
    Joey Thomas was supportive of Smalls if he wanted to go to UW and it some false rumor that the dawgman staff spreads. Joey was just on UW campus talking with the coaches this past spring.
    Joey did meet with the staff and probably told Smalls he'd support him if he picked UW. I also know he frowned on the OKG label, described it as elitist, and encouraged Smalls to take a hard look at FSU and I didn't get it from Dawgman
    He told him to review his options which is what he should say, he didn't tell him to go a certain school and he didn't bad mouth Washington and tell him not to go there.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

What the hell is bd2w?

Does he post here ?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

What the hell is bd2w?

Does he post here ?