Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Media Member Takes to Twitter to Call Coach Petersen a Liar

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

This backpack meltdown of 2019 is one for the Classics Board. Not even a beach walk is going to cure you if you're this bent out of shape by a 17 year old (apparently fringe) prospect being told to go elsewhere. We see this lesson get taught to a handful of kids every year. If you're not a surefire blue chipper, you better lock down your spot early in the process or you're gonna be shit out of luck. Ask Myles Bryant.

Him and LaMike fanboyed way too hard. Banks would respond to them on Twitter too. There’s a lesson to be learned, but I’m sure they won’t take it.
    So am I not a REAL HUSKY FAN if I don't have a twitter account and don't twat a 17 year olds and make signs at games? I go to the games and make a huge amount of noise. I'm not gonna suck kids off on twitter. Not gonna do it. If the football team wins games and fans show up, the kids will come.

"But he's playing a character!!!!@!" -@backthepack

Someone tell LMC that his character fucking sucks and should suffer the indignity of an off-screen death that nobody remembers.

Does he look like Freddy Krueger, too?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I get busy for one week and what the fuck happens in this place?

TBS induced aids. Same as ever
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2019

This backpack meltdown of 2019 is one for the Classics Board. Not even a beach walk is going to cure you if you're this bent out of shape by a 17 year old (apparently fringe) prospect being told to go elsewhere. We see this lesson get taught to a handful of kids every year. If you're not a surefire blue chipper, you better lock down your spot early in the process or you're gonna be shit out of luck. Ask Myles Bryant.

Him and LaMike fanboyed way too hard. Banks would respond to them on Twitter too. There’s a lesson to be learned, but I’m sure they won’t take it.
    So am I not a REAL HUSKY FAN if I don't have a twitter account and don't twat a 17 year olds and make signs at games? I go to the games and make a huge amount of noise. I'm not gonna suck kids off on twitter. Not gonna do it. If the football team wins games and fans show up, the kids will come.

Same. To each their own, but it’s creepy and weird. An occasional tweet about how good player x will be at UW is fine, but getting this emotionally attached is fucking weird.
    Coker wasn't joking about those restraining orders.

And not drinking? Think that's optional? #ParoleTerms
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

@LaMichael_Corleone is a fucking retard, along with @Dennis_DeYoung

Water is wet
    I’ve enjoyed a lot of DDY posts dating back to dawgman. Just wish he would chill a little bit and not be so agenda driven and biased towards players that he likes/dislikes as recruits.

In general, he creates good content, is a very good fan, and whether he is unhinges or not, creates a lot of stuff to post about on message boards. He does think way too highly of his insights and opinions and is wrong quite often yet is very quick to mention when he is right.

The race shit and Coker calling it groundbreaking research threw me off too and was ridiculous. Still wish those guys would come back and ditch the bdtw experiment. I would prefer to SAY THIS TO THEIR FACE!

Don’t have much of an opinion on LaMike other than he lost his marbles over Banks and should stick to analyzing football.
    Yeah the race related bullshit was the straw that broke the camels back for me as well. A lot of otherwise sane and good posters fell for the wokeness BS too. Really bad look for the board and the program to have that kind of unhinged narrative floating around. Ill never forgive any of the fuckers involved with that, including Pepsi who I have lost all respect for on a Chest level.
    This seems just as ridiculous and over the top to me as that whole era was in general.

It was dumb. It was bad. It was destructive.

The dudes' involved thought they were helping.

It deserved to be called out and addressed. It doesn't have to make them enemies for life.

Chest came after us directly, that's a completely different thing in my book.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2019

Same. To each their own, but it’s creepy and weird. An occasional tweet about how good player x will be at UW is fine, but getting this emotionally attached is fucking weird.
    Agreed @RoadDawg55 I don't have issue with the occasional tweet here and there, but it's where it gets way too personal and this idea that we as fans following these kids on Twitter help determine the outcome of recruiting battles that creeps me out. Maybe it helps a little, but I'm still a skeptic. What I would hope matters above all us in recruiting is having a winning program and culture + good salesmanship by the coaching staff.
    I mean of course the recruits like getting some Twitter love, but the TBS guys think they are way more important than they actually are. It’s just gotten strange and should be dialed back a little bit. They lost their creepy charm awhile ago. There isn’t any charm to it anymore.
    So we're bashing Unhinged TBS Perverts now, too?

What?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought this thread would be one of grundle’s silly twitter whooshes. Boy was I wrong! They are SERIOUS!!!!1
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited September 2019
    Baseman said:

Another dude that had been considering UW committed, knowing that if Banks committed first, the player would lose his spot. The now silent commit had already visited...It's not Smalls--they are holding a spot for him. Currently, anyways.

Either way....

Let's just say this post didn't age well
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

"we care about people, not just football playing slaves"

These dudes want to be woke 17 year olds so badly.

I'll continue to watch the games.

What's funny too is if a recruit commits that they don't like they don't get this same ball gargling love. It's just the players they think are qualified.
    This. They don’t care what someone says about Fuller, Baccallia, and McDonald. But call Smalls a drama queen or criticize Banks and they get upset.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2019

Doogles said:

"we care about people, not just football playing slaves"

These dudes want to be woke 17 year olds so badly.

I'll continue to watch the games.

What's funny too is if a recruit commits that they don't like they don't get this same ball gargling love. It's just the players they think are qualified.
    This. They don’t care what someone says about Fuller, Baccallia, and McDonald. But call Smalls a drama queen or criticize Banks and they get upset.
    I never bash the kids!!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    It’s almost like players who are not very good get criticized