Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chicom Coolie Ding Dong Yang wants to Ban Air Travel

1235»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Here's some joobs just to maintain perspective without a walk on the beach.

• Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

Gwad said:

SFGbob said:

We aren't getting rid of fossil fuel power generation anytime soon and it's definitely not happening in any of our lifetimes.

https://www.manhattan-institute.org/green-energy-revolution-near-impossible.

LOL SFGbob's source is the Manhattan Institute JFC
    And MIT but Kunt's got to Kunt. You really believe I can't find that exact same information from other sources? The numbers are what they are, they didn't make them up.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/611683/the-25-trillion-reason-we-cant-rely-on-batteries-to-clean-up-the-grid/
    You seem mad you should dial it down.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam

Most mining occurs outside the US. Think the chicoms are worried about reclamation?

Its why China is in Africa
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Gwad said:

SFGbob said:

Gwad said:

SFGbob said:

We aren't getting rid of fossil fuel power generation anytime soon and it's definitely not happening in any of our lifetimes.

And MIT but Kunt's got to Kunt. You really believe I can't find that exact same information from other sources? The numbers are what they are, they didn't make them up.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/611683/the-25-trillion-reason-we-cant-rely-on-batteries-to-clean-up-the-grid/
    This is my troll forum.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Gwad said:

SFGbob said:

Gwad said:

SFGbob said:

This is my troll forum.
    Plagiarism
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Scale is the issue

When alternative energy scales for mass consumption someone will be there to cash in. It's not like nobody is working on it just because we dont have massive government intervention

Carbon purveyors have been cleaning some things up since the 60s

They’ve dragged their feet for decades. But you’re right. Traditional utilities have diversified into wind and solar at an increasing rate. The government could incentivize then to escalate that progress and we’d probably be better off. Better for the environment. Better for National security.
    Even if you increase solar and wind, you still have to build the infrastructure for fossil fuel electrical generation. There's no way to store energy generated by wind and solar for the periods when the wind isn't blowing and the sun isn't shining.
    I am aware that things are not currently set up for this. I’m saying we should set things up like this.
    The technology for electrical storage on a massive scale doesn't exist.
    Decentralized models are already effective at curbing waste and costs.
    Where are all those decentralized electrical generation plants?
    On the roof of a house. With a battery to store the excess and run at night.

Combine that with a transition away from coal towards nuclear power and you’d be making some serious gains.
    So what's the charge time for your Tesla? 14 years?
    Have you heard of a high speed charger? I know a few people that have driven thru Montana and such.

It's ignorant people like you that are afraid of change that stifle advancement and technology.
    Really a house solar system high sorry charged at night? You are special!

Driving up the 5 in Kali I see a while bunch of Tesla's. Parked at Harris ranch trying to charge because they're stranded.
    What if you live in Wyoming, and it's the middle of winter and the temperature doesn't get above 15 degrees for a week. Is solar power going to generate enough energy to keep that house warm? Same question applies to living on the coast in the NW. There were times during the winter growing up on the Oregon coast were you didn't see the sun for weeks and it rained every day. What do those people do?
    Step 1: Sleep at night.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,655

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Scale is the issue

When alternative energy scales for mass consumption someone will be there to cash in. It's not like nobody is working on it just because we dont have massive government intervention

They’ve dragged their feet for decades. But you’re right. Traditional utilities have diversified into wind and solar at an increasing rate. The government could incentivize then to escalate that progress and we’d probably be better off. Better for the environment. Better for National security.
    Even if you increase solar and wind, you still have to build the infrastructure for fossil fuel electrical generation. There's no way to store energy generated by wind and solar for the periods when the wind isn't blowing and the sun isn't shining.
    I am aware that things are not currently set up for this. I’m saying we should set things up like this.

Combine that with a transition away from coal towards nuclear power and you’d be making some serious gains.
    So what's the charge time for your Tesla? 14 years?
    Have you heard of a high speed charger? I know a few people that have driven thru Montana and such.

It's ignorant people like you that are afraid of change that stifle advancement and technology.
    Really a house solar system high sorry charged at night? You are special!

Driving up the 5 in Kali I see a while bunch of Tesla's. Parked at Harris ranch trying to charge because they're stranded.
    What if you live in Wyoming, and it's the middle of winter and the temperature doesn't get above 15 degrees for a week. Is solar power going to generate enough energy to keep that house warm? Same question applies to living on the coast in the NW. There were times during the winter growing up on the Oregon coast were you didn't see the sun for weeks and it rained every day. What do those people do?
    Step 1: Sleep at night.
    But have lots of blankets as there will be no power and no fuel!
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Andrew Yang is thrilled his FS air travel ban policy and his support of the Green New Steal got lost in the maelstrom of solar, wind, and porsches vs teslas discussions.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Scale is the issue

This doesn't work at scale for business or industry. It barely works for residential. Full stop.

Nuclear baseload, solar for daytime usage, and natural gas for ramp up or ramp down. Offset by reforestation and curbing desertification. These are the droids you are looking for.

There's no other possible engineering solution with available technology unless you want forced rationing.
    Yeah I’m cool with that. But I’m arguing with someone saying electric cars are bad because they can’t drive forever and solar is bad because it can’t charge 24 hours a day. Baby steps.
  • Options

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Scale is the issue

This doesn't work at scale for business or industry. It barely works for residential. Full stop.

Nuclear baseload, solar for daytime usage, and natural gas for ramp up or ramp down. Offset by reforestation and curbing desertification. These are the droids you are looking for.

There's no other possible engineering solution with available technology unless you want forced rationing.
    Yeah I’m cool with that. But I’m arguing with someone saying electric cars are bad because they can’t drive forever and solar is bad because it can’t charge 24 hours a day. Baby steps.
    You should of just hit them with big oil is already investing billions of dollars into renewable energy.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,845
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Sure they are. When billions of dollars of fed subsidies are available and states ate mandating renewable energy, then crony capitalists are going to crony. Nice point, dodo.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,655
    Wish I was in on the Solyndra deal! That was outright theft in the name of green. A bunch of people got filthy rich.
  • Options

Sure they are. When billions of dollars of fed subsidies are available and states ate mandating renewable energy, then crony capitalists are going to crony. Nice point, dodo.

This whole thing is subsidized you dolt.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Gwad said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Scale is the issue

You should of just hit them with big oil is already investing billions of dollars into renewable energy.
    To be honest, I didn’t think that was something that needed to be said. I guess I’m giving people too much credit.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,845
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    So what does that have to do with Thomas's non-point?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2019

So what does that have to do with Thomas's non-point?

That hybrid SUVs still get worse mileage than new gasser and diesel SUVs.

And, you're carrying a 1-ton glass mat battery bomb strapped to the bottom of your 2-ton truck.

Sure...you can put YOUR kids in there.