Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Chicom Coolie Ding Dong Yang wants to Ban Air Travel

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    A dollar today has the purchasing power of about 1/3 of what a dollar in 1980 had.

A gallon of gas bought today with a dollar that had equal value to a 1980 dollar would be about a buck a gallon
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You do a lotta cannonball runs in your day to day???

Can't? Extension cord too short? It ain't there yet. Let me know when it will run on a Mr. Fusion reactor.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Gwad said:

I'm a big and unabashed carbon fan. We live better than kings

Keep working on cleaning some things up and we're good. Let it rip

Ya you guys are going to die soon though. The older generation always kicks and screams on the way out per history.
    If you want to grub for your own food and never get 5 miles away from where you were born and freeze your ass of you can

I'm kicking or screaming about anything

I'm enjoying the best standard of living in history
    subjective
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2019
    SFGbob said:

A dollar today has the purchasing power of about 1/3 of what a dollar in 1980 had.

A gallon of gas bought today with a dollar that had equal value to a 1980 dollar would be about a buck a gallon

This is why the FED should be abolished. A government institution that tries, on purpose, to maintain a steady rate of inflation to insure that Americans have to stay in the workforce longer because their dollars will buy less when they retire. The FED is a stain on the economy. It's public enemy number 1.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

Gwad said:

Ya you guys are going to die soon though. The older generation always kicks and screams on the way out per history.
    If you want to grub for your own food and never get 5 miles away from where you were born and freeze your ass of you can

subjective
    Objective

Fact

You have no alternative to offer that isn't regressive no matter how matter how many times you call it progressive

• Options

Gwad said:

Gwad said:

subjective
    Objective

Fact

You have no alternative to offer that isn't regressive no matter how matter how many times you call it progressive

Disagree
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    SFGbob said:

It's all the subsidies to big oil, dont 'cha know?

• Options

I was right

Yes that is why you had to affirm it through words and its de facto existence did not just permeate on its own merit.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    Gwad said:

I was right

Yes that is why you had to affirm it through words and its de facto existence did not just permeate on its own merit.
    Why should I care about what a racist who thinks all blacks are illiterate thinks?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

I was right

I was right
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Sledog said:

Can't? Extension cord too short? It ain't there yet. Let me know when it will run on a Mr. Fusion reactor.
    You’re acting like a traditional gas powered car can run indefinitely. What is your point here? That batteries have to charge??? No shit.
  • Options

Sledog said:

You’re acting like a traditional gas powered car can run indefinitely. What is your point here? That batteries have to charge??? No shit.
    Like I said when it can charge as quickly as filling a car with gas and have similar range and able to do similar workI'll think about it. Until Hell no!

Again how will you produce enough electricity to plug millions of cars into high scores chargers? Ever see the electrical equipment for a multiple charging station setup?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Like I said when it can charge as quickly as filling a car with gas and have similar range and able to do similar workI'll think about it. Until Hell no!

Again how will you produce enough electricity to plug millions of cars into high scores chargers? Ever see the electrical equipment for a multiple charging station setup?

Did you forget about the part where you can charge your vehicle at home? Or in an office building? And building new charging stations is part of the plan.

I get that the charge isn’t instant. But for like 99% of daily car rides the amount you can charge overnight at home is way more than sufficient.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Did you forget about the part where you can charge your vehicle at home? Or in an office building? And building new charging stations is part of the plan.

I get that the charge isn’t instant. But for like 99% of daily car rides the amount you can charge overnight at home is way more than sufficient.
    Right so you still need a vehicle that can travel or haul. Now you need two cars instead of one. Double the space. Double the insurance etc. Not practical yet and there won't be enough electricity to charge them all. I guess we could build lots of coal power plants.....
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Right so you still need a vehicle that can travel or haul. Now you need two cars instead of one. Double the space. Double the insurance etc. Not practical yet and there won't be enough electricity to charge them all. I guess we could build lots of coal power plants.....
    I feel like you’re fixated on the fact that it isn’t currently built out. The point is it could be. The tech is there. We should be asking how we can make it happen.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

I feel like you’re fixated on the fact that it isn’t currently built out. The point is it could be. The tech is there. We should be asking how we can make it happen.
    ....and he said ‘call me when you get there’. What’s so hard to understand? I just bought a new vehicle and took a hard look at various EV and hybrid models but the additional costs and distance limitations were a deal killer (even with the Fed rebates and WA State tax exemptions).
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

It will never get there. OK for short trips in town not for travel or any serious work. Again answer where you will get the massive amount of electrical power to charge many millions of electric vehicles? Why are you dodging that simple question?
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

It will never get there. OK for short trips in town not for travel or any serious work. Again answer where you will get the massive amount of electrical power to charge many millions of electric vehicles? Why are you dodging that simple question?
    Wait, you think generating the electrical power needed will be an issue?

Wow.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Scale is the issue

When alternative energy scales for mass consumption someone will be there to cash in. It's not like nobody is working on it just because we dont have massive government intervention

Carbon purveyors have been cleaning some things up since the 60s