Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Haener sells the couch

Comments

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2019
    Bread said:
    This makes no fucking sense. The ncaa doesn't rubber stamp CPs recommendation, if this even true. And even if it was, what fucking school is he going to go to, enroll without knowing the playbook or any rapport with receivers and be thrown out on the field asap.

Last I checked, Pete isn't in charge of the NCAAs hardship waiver program. Roof is full of shit.

Unless I'm getting whooshed or something...
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bread said:
    This makes no fucking sense. The ncaa doesn't rubber stamp CPs recommendation, if this even true. And even if it was, what fucking school is he going to go to, enroll without knowing the playbook or any rapport with receivers and be thrown out on the field asap.

Last I checked, Pete isn't in charge of the NCAAs hardship waiver program. Roof is full of shit.

it's only b/c Haener said he's going FCS, D2 or possibly juco, but he is not going FBS
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

What a bunch of spurned lovers. He took his best offer, competed, nearly won the starting job, and left when the dust settled and he lost. He came here to play football and since that won't be happening he is going somewhere that will. This is the best option since he never should have been offered, but that isn't his fault, that is the coaches.

Offering Haener, giving him so many reps, not having a better alternative to Browning, etc is all on the coaches. He is the only one who made the hard, but right, decision to rectify the problem in the end.

He took his ball and went home once he didn’t get his way. If he was a junior or senior I would be more accepting of it. I’m a fan of Husky Football, not Jake Haener.
    Same here. I'm glad he's gone but the way people are responding here they are acting like he spit in their beer.

I guess maybe some of the responses are from people who project Pete telling him that he is neck and neck for winning the job as entitlement. I think he is getting accurate feedback for the first time now that he doesn't belong here and he is acting on it.

You (this board in general, maybe not you) can't have it both ways - wanting him gone yesterday and wanting him to stick it out on the bench
    no we are glad he gone. but from his point of view. the year is going to be wasted. He could have just stuck around and hope eason gets injured then he gets playing time. He just made an emotional decision.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,099
    FirePete said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

What a bunch of spurned lovers. He took his best offer, competed, nearly won the starting job, and left when the dust settled and he lost. He came here to play football and since that won't be happening he is going somewhere that will. This is the best option since he never should have been offered, but that isn't his fault, that is the coaches.

Offering Haener, giving him so many reps, not having a better alternative to Browning, etc is all on the coaches. He is the only one who made the hard, but right, decision to rectify the problem in the end.

He took his ball and went home once he didn’t get his way. If he was a junior or senior I would be more accepting of it. I’m a fan of Husky Football, not Jake Haener.
    Same here. I'm glad he's gone but the way people are responding here they are acting like he spit in their beer.

I guess maybe some of the responses are from people who project Pete telling him that he is neck and neck for winning the job as entitlement. I think he is getting accurate feedback for the first time now that he doesn't belong here and he is acting on it.

You (this board in general, maybe not you) can't have it both ways - wanting him gone yesterday and wanting him to stick it out on the bench
    no we are glad he gone. but from his point of view. the year is going to be wasted. He could have just stuck around and hope eason gets injured then he gets playing time. He just made an emotional decision.
    The sooner he gets his name on the list the sooner he can find the best available fit. Waiting until later he will be one of many names. Either approach has its pros and cons, but I don't think it is safe to just say this is an irrational, overly emotional decision, based on the information available. People who think that might be suffering from a classic case of confirmation bias.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Bread said:

He needs to be approved by his former school and by the NCAA. Pete wont stand in his way but NCAA may still make him sit out
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,998
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Was not expecting this to be a serious thread. It's like finding a $20 bill in a pair of pants I wore 3 months ago.

I saw this shirt a couple weeks ago but did t take a picture. TYFYS
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Looks like he was getting a handy on the couch from mommy, not selling it.

{And still wood}

Needs a Brazzers logo
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,982

Bread said:

Being too short to see over our line surely is a hardship.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Why did Haener think he could beat out Eason when he couldn't even beat out Browning?
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Can I be upset if I didn't want him gone? Is that allowed?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Meek said:

Bread said:

it's only b/c Haener said he's going FCS, D2 or possibly juco, but he is not going FBS
    So why in the fuck was he in the completion with skinny until just now?

Crazy.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gwad said:

Bread said:
    Dumb he is leaving now but does anyone really think he is transferring to another Pac12 school?
    Uncle Babushka
    Pass.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755

Why did Haener think he could beat out Eason when he couldn't even beat out Browning?

Deserves 100 chins.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,998
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Petersen's method of orchestrating this is a little odd but perhaps brilliant. It seems obvious now that the staff likes both Sirmon and Morris better long term but may have avoided conveying that to Haener.

So why the competition? My thought is that they came out of spring with a solid 1-3 in mind of Eason, Sirmon, and Morris. They wanted Haener out because there was no way he'd accept 4th string. Perhaps giving keeping up the charade and allowing him to fail was the cleanest way to get it done. If that was the strategy then bravo Pete. Fucking masterful.

Doogles said:

This is an indictment on Hamdan and Petersen more than anything.

Overall it's great Haener is gone and more talented players move up the chain of opportunity, but how out of touch are you with your own QB room to be blindsided by a double portal in Spring then waste half your 1st team reps on a guy who portals immediately once you tell him what everyone else already knew?

Inspires zero confidence the offense is being run by adults. Where else are they completely out of touch? I bet the WR room depth chart could be completely flip flopped and it would be more productive.

I think they orchestrated thus masterfully. People are overating the importance of how the reps were divided up to now. Eason needed reps period. Sirmon and Morris needed enough to prove they were capable backups. Haener needed enough to lose a phony QB1 battle so he'd leave.

Now Eason has a full week of practice in the position he knew was his all along. I think things were handled well and worked out perfectly.
    I might buy this but our coaches name is Chris Petersen and not Willie taggart or fucking christoballz.

Not Pete’s MO.

Also, don’t buy as much of his day in the life as you doogs. At least 4 times on there where it is painfully obvious he’s playing to the camera and wants to slap himself for what just came out of his mouth.

Peterman is who we think peterman is and he did not intentionally play this hand to work out the way it did.