Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Haener sells the couch

Comments

• SanchoSancho Member Posts: 251
    The doog chosen one has emerged. The prophecies told of his coming and he would usher in the golden age of doogman!!!

• Your_MomYour_Mom Member Posts: 393
    dannarc said:

Drunk speculation.

Haener thought he won the job for some chinsane reason, and got butthurt and decided to grab his ball and go home. If he really thought he won it and it was clear to him he didn’t get a fair shake because there was a 100 yard line for Eason at picture day and no one for Haener so he never stood a chance, then sure whatever.

Or.

He figured if he lost the job to Eason then he likely would never get it. I’ve heard from a handful of places so far that Eason plans on coming back unless he is a top 10-15 pick. So Turnovers Shrimp possibly had it in his mind that it was win the job or sit 2 years and then lose the job to Huard in 2021. Career backup, might as well transfer to Fresno and play.

Or I’m just drunk and dunno what I’m saying but feel chinsightful

TD;DR
    I'm drunk too but did read it.

If 3 strong IPAs chased down by 5 oz of cuervo can even be considered drunk?
  • JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    This is a win win.

UW- wins because they no longer have him as a back up option. We all know try hards need to GTFO of the UW. He was going to be Brownsocks 2.0 the even shittier version. Sirmon and Yankoff saw the writing on the wall. It's Eason time! Sirmon was told to comeback by Pete for a reason. Brownsocks 2.0 says I'm out because Eason is the Starter and UW said you know ,yes you will be out in 53 seconds.

Brownsocks 2.0- wins because he gets to keep being a try hard somewhere else. He can still try to get that QB gig he thinks he deserves. If he knows that he wants to be somewhere else chasing that dream. Do it and do it now and let the next man up get his reps. Good luck. I respect him for getting out now.

I know some of you are saying but how about if Eason gets hurt that's his time to get in there and get his shot. This kid thought he was the Starter no one ever told him different. So when the press said it's official Eason is they guy. He was like fuck this I'm out. It's not about him getting his shot if Eason gets hurt. It's about his place was given to someone else even though it was never his.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    edited August 2019

Mad_Son said:

What a bunch of spurned lovers. He took his best offer, competed, nearly won the starting job, and left when the dust settled and he lost. He came here to play football and since that won't be happening he is going somewhere that will. This is the best option since he never should have been offered, but that isn't his fault, that is the coaches.

Offering Haener, giving him so many reps, not having a better alternative to Browning, etc is all on the coaches. He is the only one who made the hard, but right, decision to rectify the problem in the end.

He took his ball and went home once he didn’t get his way. If he was a junior or senior I would be more accepting of it. I’m a fan of Husky Football, not Jake Haener.
    Agreed

With him getting playing time in the opener promised to him and being an injury away from starting this is a total irrational decision based off of emotion and immaturity. He is not going to start no matter where he goes this year.

That being said I am glad he did it because it forces his reps to go to more talented options that need to be coached up.
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,477 Founders Club

Drunk speculation.

Haener thought he won the job for some chinsane reason, and got butthurt and decided to grab his ball and go home. If he really thought he won it and it was clear to him he didn’t get a fair shake because there was a 100 yard line for Eason at picture day and no one for Haener so he never stood a chance, then sure whatever.

Or.

He figured if he lost the job to Eason then he likely would never get it. I’ve heard from a handful of places so far that Eason plans on coming back unless he is a top 10-15 pick. So Turnovers Shrimp possibly had it in his mind that it was win the job or sit 2 years and then lose the job to Huard in 2021. Career backup, might as well transfer to Fresno and play.

Either way it will be interesting?