Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Haener sells the couch

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,644
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Petersen's method of orchestrating this is a little odd but perhaps brilliant. It seems obvious now that the staff likes both Sirmon and Morris better long term but may have avoided conveying that to Haener.

So why the competition? My thought is that they came out of spring with a solid 1-3 in mind of Eason, Sirmon, and Morris. They wanted Haener out because there was no way he'd accept 4th string. Perhaps giving keeping up the charade and allowing him to fail was the cleanest way to get it done. If that was the strategy then bravo Pete. Fucking masterful.
    Doogles said:

This is an indictment on Hamdan and Petersen more than anything.

Overall it's great Haener is gone and more talented players move up the chain of opportunity, but how out of touch are you with your own QB room to be blindsided by a double portal in Spring then waste half your 1st team reps on a guy who portals immediately once you tell him what everyone else already knew?

Inspires zero confidence the offense is being run by adults. Where else are they completely out of touch? I bet the WR room depth chart could be completely flip flopped and it would be more productive.

I think they orchestrated thus masterfully. People are overating the importance of how the reps were divided up to now. Eason needed reps period. Sirmon and Morris needed enough to prove they were capable backups. Haener needed enough to lose a phony QB1 battle so he'd leave.

Now Eason has a full week of practice in the position he knew was his all along. I think things were handled well and worked out perfectly.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    H_D said:
    The elusive 53 secondsed 53 seconds.

Kudos.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,614
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Countdown until he starts airing his grievances. My bet is he says he won the job but it was given to Eason due to him being a high level recruit

This is probably true.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I'm genuinely astonished at his lack of backbone unless there's some dumb background bullshit about promises (that he should have seen through) we haven't heard. You're a guy who was recruited by *nobody*, in his third year with an arguably top 10, definitely top 15 team, that is pumping out NFL players like a top 4 team. The starter is very likely to leave. You have two years ahead of you even AFTER this year. Any you puss out *now* ??

JFC I'd have wagered my asbestos check on him waiting to see if he won job in spring next year before transferring. And the fact that he kept throwing those practice INTs but still thought he would win the job shows how out of touch he is.

Ok then, Fuck Off. Your mom can stay though.

This. The guy was one injury away from playing this year and could have waited until next Spring to transfer.

Maybe it’s because Sirmon and Morris are already better, but I think the reality is he’s a spoiled pussy who is butthurt.
    Yeah. It's a little of A and a little of B. He would likely never play meaningful snaps at UW even if he stayed. This year he'd be Carta Samuel in 2017. Next year either Eason stays and he sits again or Sirmon or Morris take over
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The ups and downs, man.

What I take away mostly from this is in the era of the transfer portal, a program must have, at the very least, 4 scholarship QBs on the roster going into their season opener. Any less and you could seriously get fuct. We? almost did and keeping Sirmon was absolutely critical.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    digits said:

The ups and downs, man.

What I take away mostly from this is in the era of the transfer portal, a program must have, at the very least, 4 scholarship QBs on the roster going into their season opener. Any less and you could seriously get fuct. We? almost did and keeping Sirmon was absolutely critical.

If Eason leaves after this year, is there any doubt that Sirmon wins the job next year? Because if he doesn't he will leave and we will be down to Morris and Garbers. We need Eason to stay and the numbers will look fine going forward.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,312
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Caple article on this is out on the Athletic. Sounds like Pete swears it was close. And Haener wants to start somewhere.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    whlinder said:

Caple article on this is out on the Athletic. Sounds like Pete swears it was close. And Haener wants to start somewhere.

Might be coachspeak because he didn't want to lose a backup when Eason has a well-documented fumbling injury problem.

I'm guessing we see Sirmon get lots of reps against EWU and Hawaii.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

From Haener's point of view if Coach Pete has always told the team in case of a tie, it goes to the player that's older and been in the program longer, and then is told by Pete that It came down to "splitting hairs" and a gut feeling then I can see why he'd be pissed.

Bigger concern to me is it it's true (and I think far more of it is than isn't even from Coach Pete's mouth) is how the Scout team QB who the Defense couldn't stop talking about how amazing he was last year in Skinny could be in such a close QB battle with Haener who by all accounts was a interception turnover machine in practice which is Pete's number one no-no.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Is Peyton Henry now an under cover agent who will purposely miss against Oregon in support of his boy? We may never know.
  • Options
    dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    What is up with QBs who have hot moms being shitty/such feeble pussies.