Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Haener sells the couch

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,056
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Remember a week ago when Gee was spouting on the radio about how his "peer sources" said he was the presumed leader? Lol fuck right off.

This is taking your ball and running home to your milf mama to a fucking tee. I like it when losers quit. Makes room for winners.

@geescottsr FUcK youRSelF
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,056
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Looks like he was getting a handy on the couch from mommy, not selling it.

{And still wood}

Wait a tick... Is he erect?

This feels very close to lockners kiss with mommy. Except lockner didn’t puss out... well until the NFL.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Petersen's method of orchestrating this is a little odd but perhaps brilliant. It seems obvious now that the staff likes both Sirmon and Morris better long term but may have avoided conveying that to Haener.

So why the competition? My thought is that they came out of spring with a solid 1-3 in mind of Eason, Sirmon, and Morris. They wanted Haener out because there was no way he'd accept 4th string. Perhaps giving keeping up the charade and allowing him to fail was the cleanest way to get it done. If that was the strategy then bravo Pete. Fucking masterful.

Doogles said:

This is an indictment on Hamdan and Petersen more than anything.

Overall it's great Haener is gone and more talented players move up the chain of opportunity, but how out of touch are you with your own QB room to be blindsided by a double portal in Spring then waste half your 1st team reps on a guy who portals immediately once you tell him what everyone else already knew?

Inspires zero confidence the offense is being run by adults. Where else are they completely out of touch? I bet the WR room depth chart could be completely flip flopped and it would be more productive.

I think they orchestrated thus masterfully. People are overating the importance of how the reps were divided up to now. Eason needed reps period. Sirmon and Morris needed enough to prove they were capable backups. Haener needed enough to lose a phony QB1 battle so he'd leave.

Now Eason has a full week of practice in the position he knew was his all along. I think things were handled well and worked out perfectly.
    I might buy this but our coaches name is Chris Petersen and not Willie taggart or fucking christoballz.

Not Pete’s MO.

Also, don’t buy as much of his day in the life as you doogs. At least 4 times on there where it is painfully obvious he’s playing to the camera and wants to slap himself for what just came out of his mouth.

Peterman is who we think peterman is and he did not intentionally play this hand to work out the way it did.
    I couldn't articulate what popped into my head very well on that one. That's why I had the aborted post show up. I ditched it, then came back later and something I read got the wheels turning again. The second go was no better than the first, which I was dumb enough to leave there for everyone's annoyance.

So long story long...fuck you and the dirtysouf. But aside from that I was trying to come up with an explanation for Haener making that move, which makes no sense for him or the team unless they've really warmed on Sirmon and felt it would be easier to move him up with Haener out of the room. It seems like an easy sell to get him to stay at least this season if they had wanted him to.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mad_Son said:

FirePete said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

What a bunch of spurned lovers. He took his best offer, competed, nearly won the starting job, and left when the dust settled and he lost. He came here to play football and since that won't be happening he is going somewhere that will. This is the best option since he never should have been offered, but that isn't his fault, that is the coaches.

Offering Haener, giving him so many reps, not having a better alternative to Browning, etc is all on the coaches. He is the only one who made the hard, but right, decision to rectify the problem in the end.

He took his ball and went home once he didn’t get his way. If he was a junior or senior I would be more accepting of it. I’m a fan of Husky Football, not Jake Haener.
    Same here. I'm glad he's gone but the way people are responding here they are acting like he spit in their beer.

I guess maybe some of the responses are from people who project Pete telling him that he is neck and neck for winning the job as entitlement. I think he is getting accurate feedback for the first time now that he doesn't belong here and he is acting on it.

You (this board in general, maybe not you) can't have it both ways - wanting him gone yesterday and wanting him to stick it out on the bench
    no we are glad he gone. but from his point of view. the year is going to be wasted. He could have just stuck around and hope eason gets injured then he gets playing time. He just made an emotional decision.
    The sooner he gets his name on the list the sooner he can find the best available fit. Waiting until later he will be one of many names. Either approach has its pros and cons, but I don't think it is safe to just say this is an irrational, overly emotional decision, based on the information available. People who think that might be suffering from a classic case of confirmation bias.
    Overly emotional? Like deciding to force an ill-advised pass into an opposing LBs hands because your first throw was in the dirt and you’re a try hard?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,418
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This tweet was the thinking that led to Willingham and 0-12
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,104
    RealRhino said:

Not that it matters, but here's where I stand. I'm not going to say good for the kid, do what's best for you. That kind of bullshit is partly what's wrong with society. Oh, and Gee's bullshit doesn't help, either. "first they love you, then they turn on you."

Yeah, no shit, fucktard! That shit makes no sense. "Oh, they loved me when I was trying to help the team, but suddenly, when I'm screwing the team just to help myself, they turn on me!" That's like some coke addict girlfriend who steals from you and cheats on you with every guy who will get her some rock saying you didn't love me when I did that, so now you don't deserve me when I'm getting clean (the first time). If somebody screws you over, they DESERVE for you to turn on them. They deserve for you to kick them out of a moving car.

You sign on the dotted line you make a goddamn commitment. There needs to be a matching of the levels. If I get dumped by a 10, I just shrug and figure it was bound to happen someday once she figured out how full of shit I am.

Three levels, and they gotta match up. Level 1, Sam Huard. Chance to play at high D1. Level 2, Lindquist. Outside chance of starting at high D1, but might lose the job to a better recruit. Level 3, Haener. Miracle if he starts at high D1, you should know when you take the job you are going to get recruited over, so you better make your peace with being a backup on a kickass team and going to kickass bowls for the experience rather than starting for the Southern Illinois Salukis and going to weedeater bowls.

So, if you are level 1, you can transfer if you get beat out. You should be starting somewhere good, just wasn't in the cards. No hard feelings. Level 2, you had to know this could happen, you should have picked somewhere like Louisville or Northwestern to begin with, so it's on you. You should stay. Level 3, if you go to UW or Bama or Clemson or Ohio State, you ARE going to get beat out. Take your Rose Bowl watch and Peach Bowl ring and be fucking happy you get a ticket to the games.

The fundamental fallacy here is that there is no place for your level 3s on UW's roster.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

RealRhino said:

Not that it matters, but here's where I stand. I'm not going to say good for the kid, do what's best for you. That kind of bullshit is partly what's wrong with society. Oh, and Gee's bullshit doesn't help, either. "first they love you, then they turn on you."

Yeah, no shit, fucktard! That shit makes no sense. "Oh, they loved me when I was trying to help the team, but suddenly, when I'm screwing the team just to help myself, they turn on me!" That's like some coke addict girlfriend who steals from you and cheats on you with every guy who will get her some rock saying you didn't love me when I did that, so now you don't deserve me when I'm getting clean (the first time). If somebody screws you over, they DESERVE for you to turn on them. They deserve for you to kick them out of a moving car.

You sign on the dotted line you make a goddamn commitment. There needs to be a matching of the levels. If I get dumped by a 10, I just shrug and figure it was bound to happen someday once she figured out how full of shit I am.

Three levels, and they gotta match up. Level 1, Sam Huard. Chance to play at high D1. Level 2, Lindquist. Outside chance of starting at high D1, but might lose the job to a better recruit. Level 3, Haener. Miracle if he starts at high D1, you should know when you take the job you are going to get recruited over, so you better make your peace with being a backup on a kickass team and going to kickass bowls for the experience rather than starting for the Southern Illinois Salukis and going to weedeater bowls.

So, if you are level 1, you can transfer if you get beat out. You should be starting somewhere good, just wasn't in the cards. No hard feelings. Level 2, you had to know this could happen, you should have picked somewhere like Louisville or Northwestern to begin with, so it's on you. You should stay. Level 3, if you go to UW or Bama or Clemson or Ohio State, you ARE going to get beat out. Take your Rose Bowl watch and Peach Bowl ring and be fucking happy you get a ticket to the games.

The fundamental fallacy here is that there is no place for your level 3s on UW's roster.
    Meh, transition phase. As has been said by even the players on the team at this point, we have leveled up and there's a whole lotta guys currently on the roster and maybe even starting that wouldn't get scholarship offers if they were in the current recruiting class.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    The Hayner thing makes no sense, If you are Haener...

The only reason you transfer like this is if you believe you were unfairly treated combined with a delusional sense of self worth.

If Haener believes he is a top15 QB and was fairly beat out, than Eason will be in the NFL next year and the team would be his next.

If Haener believes he was fairly beat out by the smallest of margins than just wait for Eason to piss Petersen off by throwing 3 INTs against Cal or tweaking his ankle in practice and take over the job for good.

If Haener believes he was squarely beat and not good enough than STFU and enjoy the free school and Asian girls.

This is not a younger, new QB, coming in and beating him. Haener was getting meaningful reps in practice and the coaches played him last year and planned on playing him this year... He will now go fight for playing time at some other much lower program that will have a lot less loyalty towards him than Petersen did after awkwardly quitting a week before the season started.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

RealRhino said:

Meh, transition phase. As has been said by even the players on the team at this point, we have leveled up and there's a whole lotta guys currently on the roster and maybe even starting that wouldn't get scholarship offers if they were in the current recruiting class.
    Yup, so it is natural to mutually come to terms with the ones who wouldn't get an offer leaving.
    I agree with most of your initial premise, but, its not like Haener was rotting away at the bottom of the depth chart as the 4th QB... He played last year, was getting meaningful reps in practice, was going to play this year, was one injury or major Eason mistake away from starting, and would have likely been the starting QB for a top 15 program his senior year (if not next year).

Quitting on the team is always going to generate more scorn for a player than just being not good enough... Halfbrains always knew Tripper Johnson sucked but it wasnt his fault he was starting.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,104
    Houhusky said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

RealRhino said:

Yup, so it is natural to mutually come to terms with the ones who wouldn't get an offer leaving.
    I agree with most of your initial premise, but, its not like Haener was rotting away at the bottom of the depth chart as the 4th QB... He played last year, was getting meaningful reps in practice, was going to play this year, was one injury or major Eason mistake away from starting, and would have likely been the starting QB for a top 15 program his senior year (if not next year).

Quitting on the team is always going to generate more scorn for a player than just being not good enough... Halfbrains always knew Tripper Johnson sucked but it wasnt his fault he was starting.
    I hear you. I think I'd view this more of quitting on the team and betraying your teammates if there was a big drop off between him and Sirmon. I doubt the gap is really that big and I'd rather Sirmon be in position to get more reps (practice and live) anyways.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

Cam Cleland, former Husky, does a radio show in Portland. He had a great take at 6:45 this morning on the Luck retirement. His message was to the fans who were all butthurt about Luck quitting and how much the players equally all hate the fans who hate on players. Great listen. How does this relate to Haener? He came back at 7:50 talking about the Haener situation and "dumbass" Husky fans who pretty much are reflected on this thread. If you have any doubt about how players feel about fans, don't. They hate us way more than we hate them. This is no one way hatefest.

Cool

Luck and Haener are pussies

Hate that
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

whuggy said:

Cam Cleland, former Husky, does a radio show in Portland. He had a great take at 6:45 this morning on the Luck retirement. His message was to the fans who were all butthurt about Luck quitting and how much the players equally all hate the fans who hate on players. Great listen. How does this relate to Haener? He came back at 7:50 talking about the Haener situation and "dumbass" Husky fans who pretty much are reflected on this thread. If you have any doubt about how players feel about fans, don't. They hate us way more than we hate them. This is no one way hatefest.

So what your saying is, Haener has a lot of @haie in his life.
    I'm also saying if there are any delusional fans that really think college or pro football players are in this for any reason other than their own benefit then wake the fuck up. Jake Haener doesn't give a fuck what you think he should do nor does any other player. They'll smile at you and shake your hand but if you think they give a fuck about you, lol.