Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

They are no longer pretending.

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

GDS said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

SFGbob said:

Yeah, there's a 100 Million people living in those white areas. Scotty is such a lying piece of crap.

Ya - citing stats and facts is lying. It's 162.9 million Blob...fuck off.
    I don't believe that number either. What's your definition of Broadband Internet?

Scotty the dumbfuck thinks there are a 160 million people living in those non-purple areas.

Because Verizon cell coverage is equivalent to 25 mbps min terrestrial based broadband...really flailing here Blob. Sad.
    Fine you're stupid enough to believe that there are 160 million people living in the non-red areas of the map I posted.

Is this where I call you a dumbfuck for being unable to understand the Microsoft report?
    Obviously Bob is trying to turn this into a gotcha moment and twisting definitions around to his favor. My opinion is if you aren't completely off grid, living in a canyon or have a huge mountain close to your south you can get a reasonable form of Internet access(it may be spendy, but it's there).
    Obviously you didn't read who tried to twist the definitions around and are too much a of coward to contradict someone on your team. I didn't try to turn anything into a "gotcha." The dumbass claimed there are a 160 million people who don't have access to high speed internet. A claim that you, yourself have refuted. This isn't about me Owl.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    He didn't refute it he said he didn't believe it was true,

Good to see this Kunt doesn't believe in twisting words.

He said it wasn't true, he posted an image in support of his claim and he has all but said you're full of shit. But he didn't "refute" it.

• Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

He said it wasn't true, he posted an image in support of his claim and he has all but said you're full of shit. But he didn't "refute" it.

Now you don't know the meaning of the word refute?

re·fute
    /rəˈfyo͞ot/
    Learn to pronounce
    verb
    prove (a statement or theory) to be wrong or false; disprove.

He said he didn't believe the number to be true then posted a map of Verizon cell signal coverage...you're really having a tough time today Blob.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Weird how you lied about what Microsoft said Scott

160 million Americans lack high speed terrestrial broadband. In today’s economy with the skills people need to gain that’s absolutely a collective need and puts us behind other world powers. We need to improve our infrastructure and broadband is absolutely part of that.

Not using the internet at broadband speed and not having access to broadband speed aren't quite the same thing you fucking lying piece of shit.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    GDS said:

SFGbob said:

re·fute
    /rəˈfyo͞ot/
    Learn to pronounce
    verb

He said he didn't believe the number to be true then posted a map of Verizon cell signal coverage...you're really having a tough time today Blob.
    My opinion is if you aren't completely off grid, living in a canyon or have a huge mountain close to your south you can get a reasonable form of Internet access(it may be spendy, but it's there).

Yeah, but he didn't "refute" you Scotty.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

160 million Americans lack high speed terrestrial broadband. In today’s economy with the skills people need to gain that’s absolutely a collective need and puts us behind other world powers. We need to improve our infrastructure and broadband is absolutely part of that.

Not using the internet at broadband speed and not having access to broadband speed aren't quite the same thing you fucking lying piece of shit.

Weird how I didn't lie about anything, while you lied claiming Owl had refuted my point with his Verizon 4G map showing 70% coverage in relation to a discussion about terrestrial land based broadband - sad to see you struggling so yugely.

"Using anonymized data that we collect as part of our ongoing work to improve the performance and security of our software and services, we found that 162.8 million people are not using the internet at broadband speeds. Our results align well with the FCC’s broadband subscription data and the Pew Research numbers, which suggests these data sets are far closer to the mark then the broadband access data reported by the FCC and leaves us with the unescapable conclusion that today there exists no accurate, comprehensive and public estimate of broadband coverage in the United States."
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

GDS said:

SFGbob said:

re·fute
    /rəˈfyo͞ot/
    Learn to pronounce
    verb

My opinion is if you aren't completely off grid, living in a canyon or have a huge mountain close to your south you can get a reasonable form of Internet access(it may be spendy, but it's there).

Yeah, but he didn't "refute" you Scotty.
    Nope he didn't - you're really melting down here Blob.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2019
    Got it, so in the land of Scott the lying Kunt, if you're not using the internet at Broadband Speed then you don't have access to the internet at Broadband speed and we need to spend $80B in Federal dollars in order to provide people with a Broadband they have access to but don't currently use.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Got it, so in the land of Scott the lying Kunt, if you're not using the internet at Broadband Speed then you don't have access to the internet at Broadband speed and we need to spend $80B in Federal dollars in order to provide people with a Broadband they have access to but don't currently use.

uhhh no that's not what I said but your continued meltdown over this is pretty entertaining...
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    GDS said:

SFGbob said:

uhhh no that's not what I said but your continued meltdown over this is pretty entertaining...
    Well you've said all kinds of lies and bullshit Scott. Maybe if you call it a "meltdown" again it will magically turn your lying bullshit into the truth.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    For some reason my earlier post got deleted but hell even the FCC report you posted which uses a completely faulty premise for determining "access" says the Report concludes broadband is not yet being deployed in a reasonable and timely fashion
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    GDS said:

For some reason my earlier post got deleted but hell even the FCC report you posted which uses a completely faulty premise for determining "access" says the Report concludes broadband is not yet being deployed in a reasonable and timely fashion

Which isn't the same as saying that 160 million people lack access to high speed internet but you keep fucking chicken Scotty.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

I asked for a definition on Broadband and didn't get an answer. I can only get to 20Mbs where I live in rural Idaho. If 25Mbs is the definition I can see the number of people being very large without access. With 20 I can remote into work and have a couple people streaming netflix in different rooms without any problems(all while glued to phones doing social media stuff and not watching what they're streaming). Under that definition 160M still seems high, but I guess possible.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

I asked for a definition on Broadband and didn't get an answer. I can only get to 20Mbs where I live in rural Idaho. If 25Mbs is the definition I can see the number of people being very large without access. With 20 I can remote into work and have a couple people streaming netflix in different rooms without any problems(all while glued to phones doing social media stuff and not watching what they're streaming). Under that definition 160M still seems high, but I guess possible.
    Obviously you need a Federal program to provide you with greater internet speed.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

The current established minimum speed for broadband is 25 mbps. The FCC talked about lowering the minimum threshold to 10 mbps but in the end stuck with the 25 mbps it's been since 2015 years.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GDS said:

SFGbob said:

The current established minimum speed for broadband is 25 mbps. The FCC talked about lowering the minimum threshold to 10 mbps but in the end stuck with the 25 mbps it's been since 2015 years.
    Your argument is still shit.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    GDS said:

SFGbob said:

So people lack access to an internet speed that most people don't need. But hey, Scotty the Republican says we should spend Federal tax dollars on it. You know what else people in rural areas lack? They don't have good entertainment and shopping options. I demand a Federal program!!!!
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

GDS said:

SFGbob said:

Well you've said all kinds of lies and bullshit Scott. Maybe if you call it a "meltdown" again it will magically turn your lying bullshit into the truth.
    "all kinds" while you've yet to point out a single one. This is what I said 160 million Americans lack high speed terrestrial broadband and that is backed up by the Microsoft data posted here.

If we want to talk about bullshit and lies I could point to you claiming owl's map showing Verizon's 4G coverage being at 70% somehow refuted my point, but I don't want to interrupt your meltdown here...
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I claimed that Owl was trying to refute you with that map. You claimed that he wasn't trying to refute you. Just because Owl is moron doesn't mean he wasn't attempting to refute you. My image refuted you, put you're a fucking liar and you just soldier on.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

I claimed that Owl was trying to refute you with that map. You claimed that he wasn't trying to refute you. Just because Owl is moron doesn't mean he wasn't attempting to refute you. My image refuted you, put you're a fucking liar and you just soldier on.

no - you claimed owl refuted my point and i pointed out he didn't. Was he trying to refute it? Probably but that's not what you claimed. Should we keep going with this bullshit or are you just looking to get the last word in?