Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Overman, 2020 3* TE, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,616
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2019
    FirePete said:

Rogers is basically maxed out. I don’t really care either m d

dhdawg said:

I know that sonics said that recruits read these boards and that calling recruits "reaches" is particularly harmful. Hopefully that works in this case because Overman is a fucking JAG. It's bad enough we're already taking 1 TE with a shit offer list so hopefully this kid goes to Cal or Utah or whatever and we can regroup with a TE coach that can actually recruit next year.

We all know that won't happen, but still

It’s not ideal, but for all we know Overman could be more than JAG.

Otton was to most JAG. Same with Dissly and Sample. We develop TE’s well and the 247 rankings for TE’s are fucked up. We already got Redman and missed out on Taylor and Yourosek. If we are taking another TE, it’s going to be hard to get a guy that we will be really excited about.
    Pretty sure ppl were pretty high on otton
    I was.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Ektard reporting Overman's visit got pushed to 11/2 for the Utah game. The Doog in me is hoping they want to continue to evaluate DJ before accepting a commitment from Overman.

If the reason for not offering DJ is the mistake/character thing that some have spoken of he will not get offered, 100%.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Ektard reporting Overman's visit got pushed to 11/2 for the Utah game. The Doog in me is hoping they want to continue to evaluate DJ before accepting a commitment from Overman.

If the reason for not offering DJ is the mistake/character thing that some have spoken of he will not get offered, 100%.
    Rape, murder, arson, and rape
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

It's a really bad one.

In before Ektard puts this on Doogman tomorrow like he did last time
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Don't forget incest and talking to the Ukrainians about military sales.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,103
    Founders Club

You said rape twice.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

You said rape twice.
    Imagine if someone tried to put that joke in a movie nowadays.

Re: Overman, I kind of wonder if, in addition to him having a game this week, the UW staff asked him to hold off. Taking 3 TEs seemed like a "preparing for the worst case scenario" scenario and 2 important developments have occurred that make the situation not as dire
    1) it appears Jacob Kizer will return
    2) Jack Westover is getting playing time and doing pretty well.

I think they were also worried about Culp sticking with it and possibly Otton entertaining the idea of going pro if he had a big year. At this point, taking a 3rd TE doesnt make sense. The only other thing I could see is if the staff and Mason West have started parting ways behind the scenes.

Next year we should have:
    RS jr Otton
    True jr/rs soph Kizer
    RS Soph Culp
    Soph Westover
    Frosh Redman
    Frosh West

Out of that group, you have 3 that are pass catchers (Otton, Culp, and Redman) and the other 3 that will primarily be used as extra blockers. Maybe I'm missing something but it doesnt seem like we need another TE
    Kizer will be a r. JR next year or a sr if he plays 5 games this year.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

You said rape twice.
    I like rape.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

You said rape twice.
    Imagine if someone tried to put that joke in a movie nowadays.

Re: Overman, I kind of wonder if, in addition to him having a game this week, the UW staff asked him to hold off. Taking 3 TEs seemed like a "preparing for the worst case scenario" scenario and 2 important developments have occurred that make the situation not as dire
    1) it appears Jacob Kizer will return
    2) Jack Westover is getting playing time and doing pretty well.

I think they were also worried about Culp sticking with it and possibly Otton entertaining the idea of going pro if he had a big year. At this point, taking a 3rd TE doesnt make sense. The only other thing I could see is if the staff and Mason West have started parting ways behind the scenes.

Next year we should have:
    RS jr Otton
    True jr/rs soph Kizer
    RS Soph Culp
    Soph Westover
    Frosh Redman
    Frosh West

Out of that group, you have 3 that are pass catchers (Otton, Culp, and Redman) and the other 3 that will primarily be used as extra blockers. Maybe I'm missing something but it doesnt seem like we need another TE
    Maybe they want a TE room with the players named West, Westover, Overman, and Redman?
    Devin would like to have a word with whoever is Culpable
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

It's a really bad one.

In before Ektard puts this on Doogman tomorrow like he did last time
    A really bad what? Rape, murder, arson or rape?
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

Cristoballed to Oregon.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    USMChawk said:

You said rape twice.
    I like rape.
    The dipshits who downvoted this need to try watching good movies
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

"I had a great time," Overman said. "My host was (former teammate) Julius Irvin and we had a good time together.

"A couple of things that really stood out to me was the atmosphere at the game. Obviously, it's now how we wanted things to go, but it was a good game and the fans were really into the game and they supported the team no matter what. You can tell they have a great fan base there and that the fans there support their team no matter what.

"I also really enjoyed sitting down with coach (Chris) Petersen today and coach (Jordan) Paopao. They are such good coaches and you can really feel how much they care about their players. They said they really wanted me in the program and that I am the kind of guy they are looking to bring into the program."

"No, not at all," Overman said. "I know that wherever I wind up going, there will be competition. Washington didn't take a tight end in 2019, but they have two in this class.

"Other schools I am looking at took a tight end in 2019 and they already have one in this class, so there's still the same amount of guys on the roster. Then when you watch how Washington runs their offense and how many tight ends they use each game (five played in the game against Utah on Saturday), they use so many tight ends in different ways, it's not something I worry about."

"I'm not ready to decide yet, but I am getting closer," Overman noted. "I am working on setting up my Cal visit for this weekend, we have a bye week, so once I am done with that visit, then I will take some time, sit down with my parents and make a decision.

"I could decide the day after my visit to Cal or I could wait all the way up until I sign in December. I am not really sure yet, but I know I am getting closer to making a decision."
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm assuming he just committed
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I'm assuming he just committed

.......hooray.........