Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Overman, 2020 3* TE, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dhdawg said:

visiting Sept. 28 for the USC game

Was hoping he would visit in December to provide more time for the coaches to evaluate and eventually offer DJ Rogers.
    The DB room situation makes me think the coaches have decided to just wrap up the class ASAP and then full court press Smalls, Banks, and Carlton.

If Rogers hasn’t shown he loves football and works his ass off by the start of his Junior year, Pete may just be over it.

And with the info I’ve learned recently from how the 247 rankings are done, TE is the toughest to figure out. The elite guys are elite. The rest that make it to the NFL were lowly rated dudes who all took massive leaps in college with their physical development.

So who knows how important it is to get Rogers. If he is talented but won’t work hard, maybe getting guys like Culp and Redman as your A list then filling the cracks with guys you can develop is all you need.

Fuck it I know, I’m no expert.
    I could see Roger's taking a huge rating hit the next time they do a big reranking. Theres nothing out there on his rectuiting. Then again, I believe Joel Dublanko was still a 4 star until right before he committed to Central Michigan or whatever.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Biggins just dropped the crystal dong of doom to UW
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Biggins just dropped the crystal dong of doom to UW

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I know that sonics said that recruits read these boards and that calling recruits "reaches" is particularly harmful. Hopefully that works in this case because Overman is a fucking JAG. It's bad enough we're already taking 1 TE with a shit offer list so hopefully this kid goes to Cal or Utah or whatever and we can regroup with a TE coach that can actually recruit next year.

We all know that won't happen, but still
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

I know that sonics said that recruits read these boards and that calling recruits "reaches" is particularly harmful. Hopefully that works in this case because Overman is a fucking JAG. It's bad enough we're already taking 1 TE with a shit offer list so hopefully this kid goes to Cal or Utah or whatever and we can regroup with a TE coach that can actually recruit next year.

I asked Sonics if Banks would be the next commit or someone else. He said someone else. This is the only other guy I can think of based on who else is out there. Maybe Hector?
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dhdawg said:

I asked Sonics if Banks would be the next commit or someone else. He said someone else. This is the only other guy I can think of based on who else is out there. Maybe Hector?
    Or Lance
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    From Biggins:

I think Overman is a quality player, like him better then West and not sure he's not a more well rounded pass catcher/athlete then Redman. He's a willing blocker who will be battle tested after playing in the toughest league in the country.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    edited August 2019
    Sorry kid. But no CFB team should have more than two Jakes. Not even BYU.

Even after some addition by subtraction, UW still has Eason, Sirmon, Kizer, and Bandes. No room at the inn.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

five years from now, our average starter at ANY position on 247 will be like .9672 (Clemson-esque) meanwhile at TE we(?) will be .8290 (Utah State-esque).

Fire that fucking clown.

And they will be named Mason West, Jack Westover, and Jake Overman
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

five years from now, our average starter at ANY position on 247 will be like .9672 (Clemson-esque) meanwhile at TE we(?) will be .8290 (Utah State-esque).

Fire that fucking clown.

We're going to start three tight ends in 2024?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Rogers is basically maxed out. I don’t really care either m d
    dhdawg said:

It’s not ideal, but for all we know Overman could be more than JAG.

Otton was to most JAG. Same with Dissly and Sample. We develop TE’s well and the 247 rankings for TE’s are fucked up. We already got Redman and missed out on Taylor and Yourosek. If we are taking another TE, it’s going to be hard to get a guy that we will be really excited about.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,900
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fire that fucking clown.

Too much wte
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Ektard reporting Overman's visit got pushed to 11/2 for the Utah game. The Doog in me is hoping they want to continue to evaluate DJ before accepting a commitment from Overman.