Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Overman, 2020 3* TE, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Thanks for the chinspiration.

Taking me back to high school.

TYFYS
    Great song
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This is on Pete as much as it’s on Paopao. Letting it get to this point in inexcusable
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Awesome. At least I hate him more than lance and almost as much as cooper.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

whuggy said:

Has to be something involved with Mason West. Replacement?

Lol no. West is coming here and now this kid is too. A fucking 6'3 JAG when we should have had a 6'7 superstar.
    Donate.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791

NEsnake12 said:

This is on Pete as much as it’s on Paopao. Letting it get to this point in inexcusable

I know TBSers like to be proactive in firing coaches, but his group has played too well for it to be as cut and dry as many on here make it.
    It’s been pointed out in the past, but there’s a reason Paopao only got a 1 year extension while the rest of the coaches got 2 years.

Pete’s offense features TEs more so than 90% of college offenses... UW would be a marquee job for TE coaches if the position was open. It shouldn’t be hard to get a TE coach to come to UW who can both coach AND recruit.

I’m not happy with Pete because at this point because he’s okay with Paopao going after an easy target instead of taking a chance on a guy like DJ Rogers
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

dawgs206 said:

NEsnake12 said:

I know TBSers like to be proactive in firing coaches, but his group has played too well for it to be as cut and dry as many on here make it.
    I was fully on board with the LIPO crowd on Paopao because of the production we've had from TE's. Probably more on the side to keep him on staff. That was also before I knew we were for sure taking 3 TE's this class, which is obviously insanely rare. Even more so when you consider our TE coach is one of our bottom 3 recruiters on staff.

The TE room is stacked know so I'm not concerned about the development this year (or next). If we knew we needed 3 TE's this class we are doing this a year late because more than likely the results would be sub par. This class is going to be 1/2 our TE room for the next 4 years. At some point you have to be proactive instead of reactive.

We made the same mistake with Lubick.
    Lubick was a mistake from the beginning.
    Also true. Strausser is probably a better example for multiple reasons.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dawgs206 said:

NEsnake12 said:

I was fully on board with the LIPO crowd on Paopao because of the production we've had from TE's. Probably more on the side to keep him on staff. That was also before I knew we were for sure taking 3 TE's this class, which is obviously insanely rare. Even more so when you consider our TE coach is one of our bottom 3 recruiters on staff.

The TE room is stacked know so I'm not concerned about the development this year (or next). If we knew we needed 3 TE's this class we are doing this a year late because more than likely the results would be sub par. This class is going to be 1/2 our TE room for the next 4 years. At some point you have to be proactive instead of reactive.

Yeah, he was a disaster of a position coach as well
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Can he play Buck?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dawgs206 said:

NEsnake12 said:

Not sure about that, I think the issue after the terrorist got the OC. Lubick checked the fuck out
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

proof said:

I'm sure Rogers is really enjoying these offers

Rogers' teammate at EC informed me he's not even that good. I'm not super concerned about him getting offered. Gee Scott was another issue, but Adams seems to see the problem there.

But still, does that mean we should be offering JAG's? Absolutely not. If the quality isn't there then don't fucking offer if you don't need it. Jfc.

I'm sure the doogs will say "but powpow develops well so it's fine that we don't get studs!"

IMAGINE WHAT HE COULD DO WITH STUDS!!! WHY ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH MEDIOCRITY???

Not hard. GET THE BEST PLAYERS. DEVELOP THEM. GET SOME HARDWARE. REPEAT.
    Ektard today:

"Heart and desire have been a big question mark for him. Not only with the UW staff, but also those within the EC program."
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    Founders Club
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

If we are offering this level of talent now how in the hell did we not get Kyle Patterson in the boat last year What the hell is going on out there?!?

But he develops players. TE production is not an issue