Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Time to Embarrass Yourself Again!!! Predict UW's 2019 team record!!!

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    13-1, 12-2 (Playoff Loss)
    There's a really good chance that the P12 is the number 2 conference this year ...

The ACC is total dreck outside of Clemson.

The Big 10 will likely be up and down as Pedo is supposedly rebuilding, Ohio lost a ton, and pretty sure that Harbaugh will find a way to fuck things up.

The Big 12 I have a feeling is going to be a mess this year. Oklahoma should supposedly be good but they can't play D and I'm still not convinced Hurts is an elite QB anywhere close to Baker or Kyler. And Texas just feels way overrated to me. There's a lot of 7-9 win teams in that conference.

The PAC 12 has 9 returning starting QBs this year (Colorado, Utah, Arizona, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Oregon, and Oregon St). On top of that, you have QBs at Washington and Wazzu with starting experience at different schools. The quality of offense in the conference should be really good. The big question will be how they perform out of conference. A strong performance and you may get to a point where an 11-2 conference champion actually looks pretty favorable ... at least compared to anybody else with 2 losses.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    11-3, 10-3 (NY6)
    Tequilla said:

There's a really good chance that the P12 is the number 2 conference this year ...

The Big 10 will likely be up and down as Pedo is supposedly rebuilding, Ohio lost a ton, and pretty sure that Harbaugh will find a way to fuck things up.

The Big 12 I have a feeling is going to be a mess this year. Oklahoma should supposedly be good but they can't play D and I'm still not convinced Hurts is an elite QB anywhere close to Baker or Kyler. And Texas just feels way overrated to me. There's a lot of 7-9 win teams in that conference.

The PAC 12 has 9 returning starting QBs this year (Colorado, Utah, Arizona, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Oregon, and Oregon St). On top of that, you have QBs at Washington and Wazzu with starting experience at different schools. The quality of offense in the conference should be really good. The big question will be how they perform out of conference. A strong performance and you may get to a point where an 11-2 conference champion actually looks pretty favorable ... at least compared to anybody else with 2 losses.

I agree that the ceiling for the conference is 2, and that the ACC sans Clemson is absolute trash and worthy of last place among the P5. Ohio State didn't just lose a ton of players, they lost one of the greatest coaches of all time. There might be a few years of Meyer momentum that obfuscates their decline because of W-L #s, but it will happen. Statistically the coaches who follow elite coaches almost always fail. And the CFB coaching graveyards are littered with solid DCs who got promoted to HC.

Agreed on Oklahoma. Texas is getting a lot of hype because they beat a completely disinterested UGA team.

The P12 really needs another very good/hypothetically-could-flirt-with-being-elite team. Maybe USC because of the brand. Or Oregon because they're the only school with tons of real, passionate fans. Both have proven shitty coaches though. Utah is established and will probably win the south (and maybe the conference) but don't think they have the massive ceiling.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,534 Standard Supporter
    11-3, 10-3, 10-4, 9-4 (Alamo or lower)
    Gladstone said:

Browning - 11k twitter followers
    Eason - 123k twitter followers

QB level up confirmed gfg dd no re

huh?

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    Owen (or any other option not present)
    Tequilla said:

Tate is going to be benched game 2 or 3 as he's currently losing the qb competition, but since Sumlin is a pussy hell start him game 1 so the fans and ESPN don't get mad at him.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    I picked correctly last year.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    11-3, 10-3 (NY6)
    dtd said:

Gladstone said:

huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyF23s5-ExI
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,768 Founders Club
    13-1, 12-2 (Playoff Loss)
    Gladstone said:

dtd said:

Gladstone said:

huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyF23s5-ExI
    @RoadDawg55?
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,717 Swaye's Wigwam
    13-1, 12-2, 11-2 (NY6)

You picked 9-4 last year.

That is not the correct pick.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

You picked 9-4 last year.

That is not the correct pick.
    Fuck off! I picked exactly the number of losses.
  • ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    13-1, 12-2, 11-2 (NY6)
    Loss to at ‘Fraud or Utah finally gets us. Win conference again; make whoever we get in our NY6 game our bitch. Bring on ‘20 and the off-season Natty!
  • CougarfsCougarfs Member Posts: 51
    7-5. Petersen gets hired at USC. Dogs 41-Cougars 10 on the apple cup.
    Cougarfs said:

7-5. Petersen gets hired at USC. Dogs 41-Cougars 10 on the apple cup.

Cuog
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    13-1, 12-2, 11-2 (NY6)
    Tequilla said:

Solid argument especially with the QBs but perception wise whatever team rises to the top in the Big Ten will have an advantage over us and Clemson is Clemson so it doesn't really matter how strong the ACC is.

Also the non-conference matchups work against us. The best PAC teams either don't have any marquee nonconference matchups or have a bad matchup. The shitty PAC teams have the best nonconference games (combo of name plus winnable.)

P5 matchups:

UW- nothing. @BYU?
    Utah- nothing. @BYU?

Oregon- vs Auburn in Texas (3 point underdog)
    Stanford- vs Notre Dame (4 point underdog)
    USC- @Notre Dame (11 point underdog.) @BYU?

Washington State- nothing. @Houston?

Cal- @Ole Miss. Probable loss.
    Colorado- vs. Nebraska. Probable loss.
    Arizona- vs. Texas Tech. Coin flip?
    UCLA- vs. Oklahoma. LOL.
    ASU- @Michigan State. Probable loss.
    OSU- vs Okie State. LOL.

I see lots of underdogs. The most even matchups are Zona-Tech, Cal-Miss, and ASU-MSU but 2/3 are on the road and NOC about the third.

Best chances for statement wins are Oregon vs Auburn, Stanford vs Notre Dame, and Colorado vs Nebraska but all are dogs.

Potential for disaster if BYU is good.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    7-6, but a really good 7-6
    At least we know this thread is invisible to pump
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,309
    11-3, 10-3 (NY6)

Losses to Cal and Stanford (twice)

lookin good so far