Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Time to Embarrass Yourself Again!!! Predict UW's 2019 team record!!!

Comments

• Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    11-3, 10-3 (NY6)

The Doog Bot Calculator already made it's preliminary runs and I have to say I'm pretty unchanged since then.

I think we go 10-2 regular season(Loss to Arizona and Tree most likely). Win the PAC12 CG and then either make the playoffs and lose first round or go to a NY6 and finally win one(and god help us they are probably going to fuck us with a G5 opponent for not performing the last three tims.)

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    13-1, 12-2, 11-2 (NY6)
    H_D said:

The Doog Bot Calculator already made it's preliminary runs and I have to say I'm pretty unchanged since then.

I think we go 10-2 regular season(Loss to Arizona and Tree most likely). Win the PAC12 CG and then either make the playoffs and lose first round or go to a NY6 and finally win one(and god help us they are probably going to fuck us with a G5 opponent for not performing the last three tims.)

11-2 or 11-3 counting the playoff loss wasn't an option. That would be my vote.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2019
    13-1, 12-2 (Playoff Loss)
    Lol you are a cunt if you don’t think we are making the CFP this year. Our team is way more talented. WE ARE WORSHINGTON DAMMIT!
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,474
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Loss at Stanford. Make the playoff, we're? still outclassed at this point and lose the semi.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    13-1, 12-2, 11-2 (NY6)
    dnc said:

No chance we'll go to the playoffs with two losses and this non conference schedule.
    Fair, but I don't think there will be four 1 loss or less teams this year out of the P5 Champions. Alabama + Clemson will be two then maybe Oklahoma(but they have to go to Texas). Let's hope that UCF doesn't go undefeated this year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

No chance we'll go to the playoffs with two losses and this non conference schedule.
    Fair, but I don't think there will be four 1 loss or less teams this year out of the P5 Champions. Alabama + Clemson will be two then maybe Oklahoma(but they have to go to Texas). Let's hope that UCF doesn't go undefeated this year.
    I would guess there will be four contenders with one loss or less (Bama and Georgia from the SEC, potentially) but even if not then whatever other conference has a 2 loss champ will still be ahead of us in line.

A 2 loss UW with this schedule would be the weakest profile to make the playoffs in the playoff era, rather easily.

@GrandpaSankey doesn't see it happening.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    13-1, 12-2, 11-2 (NY6)
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I would guess there will be four contenders with one loss or less (Bama and Georgia from the SEC, potentially) but even if not then whatever other conference has a 2 loss champ will still be ahead of us in line.

A 2 loss UW with this schedule would be the weakest profile to make the playoffs in the playoff era, rather easily.

@GrandpaSankey doesn't see it happening.
    Well, I guess I've already embarrassed myself. Put me down for 12-2 with a NY6 win then.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Lol you are a cunt if you don’t think we are making the CFP this year. Our team is way more talented. WE ARE WORSHINGTON DAMMIT!

Our team is more talent and we'll be good, but I see Clemson, Bama, Oklahoma, and tOSU getting in the CFP over us. Even if all 4 of those teams are 12-1, they'd get in over a 12-1 Washington.
    As they should
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Lose @ Arizona (huge trap game sandwiched between USC, Stanford, and Oregon), lose NY6 game due to Kyler Manu sitting out to protect his draft status.

I laffed
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Petersen isn't losing to fucking Kevin Sumlin.
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    11-3, 10-3 (NY6)
    Going 1-1 in some underwhelming manner against Stanford/UA was the easy call. It's deciding what the second bullshit loss will be that's tough. I decided we? would play like scared little girls and lose to USC yet again despite how shitty they look because it's happened so many times.
    I imagine the rallying cry will be something like "hey at least maybe we saved Helton's job!" If we beat them, I guess maybe it's a loss in a CCG rematch with Utes or some shit.

The third loss is obviously the bowl game.

(Fucking Christ, I sound like a battered spouse. Team desperately needs a big win over a big-time team for some of us fans to put that beaten dawg mentality behind us.)
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Owen (or any other option not present)
    If you fuckers lose to arizona I'll shoot up the place
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    11-3, 10-3 (NY6)

Lose to Stanford, lose one other game where the team randomly plays like ass (looking in the direction of Arizona historically). Win Pac-12 title game vs. random south midget. Lose Rose Bowl because Petersen is now terrible with long prep time.

Get an avatar you fucking savage.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,314
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    11-3, 10-3 (NY6)
    Petersen as head coach at Washington (conference opponents):

Overall: 32-15, 68%
    Home: 15-7, 68%
    Away: 17-8, 68% (P12CG counts as away for this exercise)

Against ranked opponent: 9-9, 50%

In the second of back to back home games: 5-1
    In the second of back to back road games: 3-2 (P12CG excluded for this one)*

*These last two measures may be statistically worthless due to small sample size and high variation of opponent quality.

Worst record against (team): Stanford (2-3), ASU (2-3), Oregon (2-3), USC (1-1)
    Worst record against (coach): Graham (1-3), Shaw (2-3), Helfrich (1-2), Helton (0-1), Cristobal (0-1), Wilcox (1-1) (bold denotes current coach)

It's amazing how consistent the road and home records are, so that's not much help in predicting 2019. There are two sets of consecutive conference road games and one set of consecutive conference home games, the latter of which Petersen has won at a far higher clip since taking over (again, small sample size). Also, Whittingham is one of the current conference coaches against whom Petersen has the best record.

My losses are one of Stanford and Arizona (mediocre record against Shaw/Stanford vs. slightly below average performance in consecutive away games) and one of USC and Oregon (Petersen's amazing ability to consistently lose to the shittiest coaches in the conference).

Win P12CG and shit bed in Rose or lose P12CG and win Alamo.