Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Time to Embarrass Yourself Again!!! Predict UW's 2019 team record!!!

Comments

• Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    13-1, 12-2, 11-2 (NY6)
    13-1, lose to SC at home and miss the playoffs because of the nonconference schedule and weak Pac-12. Rose Bowl win vs Michigan and then we beat them again first game of 2020.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    11-3, 10-3, 10-4, 9-4 (Alamo or lower)
    I'm definitely not as doogish as everyone else this year.

The team is young and we're going to drop at least 2 games where we have a far superior talent advantage, likely on the road. My guess would be losses at Arizona and Stanford, but I'm not ruling out USC or even BYU. People are gonna lose their minds and call for Pete's head early in the season. The team bounces back and is firing on all cylinders by November.

Team cruises to a north title, but loses the Pac-12 championship to Utah in a heart breaker. Then proceed to destroy whatever dreck team we face in the Alamo bowel.

2020 and beyond is where the team starts making the playoffs on a regular basis.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    15-0 (Natty Win)
    Let your doog out to get some fresh air on August before you strangle it to death in Nov
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    11-3, 10-3 (NY6)
    AUG 31st EWU - W
    Sep 7 Cal - W
    Sep 14 Hawaii - W
    Sep 21 @ BYU - W
    Sep 28 USC - W
    Oct 5 @ Stan - W
    Oct 12 @ Arizona - L
    Oct 19 Oregon - L
    Oct 26 BYE
    Nov 2 Utah - W
    Nov 8 @ OSU - W
    Nov 16 BYE
    Nov 23 @ Colorado - W
    Nov 29 WSU - W

Pac12 Championship (Utah?) - W

NY6 bowl - L

11 - 3; most meaningful win is Utah... I guess...?
  • Options
    Cuogar_GoldCuogar_Gold Member Posts: 360
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    14-1, 13-2 (Natty Loss)
    Losses to Washington State (3-9) and Clemson (15-0)
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    13-1, 12-2 (Playoff Loss)
    You are retarded if you think we lose any of the home games this yr.

Only 2 potential losses are Zona and Furd. BYU is fucking aids but they are dirty as fuck, we’ll boat race them. Hoping for no injuries that could fuck us
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    11-3, 10-3 (NY6)
    Regular Season 10-2

Losses to Stanford and one of 3 home games between SC/Oregon/Utah. I will go with the Utes as they could have beat us in 2016, should have in 2017, we got them last year in the regular season down there legit and if Murphy doesn't make the pick off the wr in Santa Clara who knows.

Utah and us in the CCG again, and whoever loses the regular season game up here, will win the rematch in front of 20k fans and Larry Scott to play in the Rose Bowl.

Ohio State is in the playoffs, so Michigan will be their replacement, and we will start the decade of the 20's just like the 1990's being Rose Bowl Champs.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    We are going to run the fucking table
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    13-1, 12-2, 11-2 (NY6)

You're votes as of fall camp.

Pupper predicts 6-6 this year. Must be why he's campaigning for Haener to start.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

You're votes as of fall camp.

Pupper predicts 6-6 this year. Must be why he's campaigning for Haener to start.

So you're saying the fucker who claims he's the only one bold enough to make a prediction each year while the rest of us are too scared.... Didn't bother to make a prediction while the rest of us did?

As I said, is schtick is old and tired.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,507
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
    13-1, 12-2, 11-2 (NY6)
    1 loss to Utah/Zona in the regular season. Maybe it's because Stanford 2017 was the most painful loss in the Pete era but I think we emphasize that game and Oregon so much that we win by 11ish and doog.

Then we shit ourselves in horror as the Apple cup and road trip down to Oregon State are close because we're sleep walking. Beavlet running back runs all over us. Leach tries some new shit against us.

Meet up with ASU/SC, possibly even Zona because of JJ Taylor in the championship. Truly think it's not Utah. We have enough experience in that game to win it again.

New Years 6 win over an overrated Michigan or Florida who shits themselves so bad offensively we win without looking great. If we lose it's because we get some team like Georgia or an improved Auburn.

Ahmed is the offensive player of the year. Not an every down back but the pac 12 media likes their home run hitters. Eason and Herbert a little underwhelming because of picks/completion % and most teams trying to run the ball this year.

Some Utah lineman gets defensive player of the year.

side note: we somehow are nervous for BYU and then plunger them on the road while I cross the line about mormons and Utah here blacked out.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited August 2019
    11-3, 10-3 (NY6)
    I think we lose 1 road game hopefully Arizona but likely Stanford (I also kind of worry about BYU).

At home I think we also drop one, kind of like UCLA 1990, Maybe we lose to Utah.

Hopefully that wins us the divisions and we go on to face Utah again. But I think Stanford with a soft schedule may BS their way to the division.

In which case we get sent South to face LSU or something and lose.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    11-3, 10-3 (NY6)
    haie said:

1 loss to Utah/Zona in the regular season. Maybe it's because Stanford 2017 was the most painful loss in the Pete era but I think we emphasize that game and Oregon so much that we win by 11ish and doog.

Then we shit ourselves in horror as the Apple cup and road trip down to Oregon State are close because we're sleep walking. Beavlet running back runs all over us. Leach tries some new shit against us.

Meet up with ASU/SC, possibly even Zona because of JJ Taylor in the championship. Truly think it's not Utah. We have enough experience in that game to win it again.

New Years 6 win over an overrated Michigan or Florida who shits themselves so bad offensively we win without looking great. If we lose it's because we get some team like Georgia or an improved Auburn.

Ahmed is the offensive player of the year. Not an every down back but the pac 12 media likes their home run hitters. Eason and Herbert a little underwhelming because of picks/completion % and most teams trying to run the ball this year.

side note: we somehow are nervous for BYU and then plunger them on the road while I cross the line about mormons and Utah here blacked out.

The rest may be true, but this alone prompts a response

People need to start talking about and testing the Apple Cup as the annual plunger that it is. Also John Smith fucking blows
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
    13-1, 12-2, 11-2 (NY6)
    dhdawg said:

haie said:

The rest may be true, but this alone prompts a response

People need to start talking about and testing the Apple Cup as the annual plunger that it is. Also John Smith fucking blows
    Apple Cup is a 2013 type of game. Dink and dunk to a 3-7 point lead at half. Announcers go on and on about Leach running the ball now with Borgi. Still win though.

Beavlet is a Thursday night game this year and while I don't respect JSmith and The Beavlets I do respect his running back. His quarterback is experienced. Hodgins is decent. They score enough to make us nervous.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
    13-1, 12-2, 11-2 (NY6)
    And if SC doesn't win the conference, Helton is gone and they get Leach and attempt to keep the offensive system in place with GH. Tracy Claeys is promoted to head coach in Pullman.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    11-3, 10-3 (NY6)
    I think we're stuck in this pattern of being pretty good but a notch below the juggernauts like Clumpson, Alabama, and TOSU. The talent and athleticism is not there. It's basically where we usually are as a program historically, or slightly better so it's not a bad place, but I don't see it getting better by continuing to recruit 3 * church goin' white and multi racial boys who are pretty good and low four star guys. Go 7-2 in a lame conference. We used to be told you get five years. Then somehow it turned into like nine....
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,446
    13-1, 12-2, 11-2 (NY6)
    There's a nice bell curve from this sample.

Based on the votes to date, there are 28 (33%) who think we'll make the playoffs, 48 (58%) who think we'll make NY6, and 7 (8%) who think we'll be Alamo or worse.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    13-1, 12-2, 11-2 (NY6)
    The Doog Bot Calculator already made it's preliminary runs and I have to say I'm pretty unchanged since then.

I think we go 10-2 regular season(Loss to Arizona and Tree most likely). Win the PAC12 CG and then either make the playoffs and lose first round or go to a NY6 and finally win one(and god help us they are probably going to fuck us with a G5 opponent for not performing the last three tims.)