Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Wilson to the Ducks

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Oregon has had 3 OC in three seasons. Also, even with 30 blue choppers, there’s been gaping holes in the roster. Everyone has their qualms about the offense but realistically the 2nd year should look a lot less disjointed.

So why isn't it the same expectation with the rest of the conference teams that recently experienced coaching changes you moron? You think Oregon will get better but those other teams will stay mediocre. Quook logic.
    The same reason Oregon doesn't get a moral victory for Stanford and Utah gets one for Northwestern.
    Fuck are you talking about? I never said anything about Oregon and moral victories. You just pulled that out of your ass. You're just being a contrarian little bitch at this point fighting a losing argument in favor of Oregon when you're supposedly a UW fan. Fuck off.
    Pulled the Ute moral victory over NW out of your ass. Figured you wouldn't give MC a moral victory over Stanford, even though it was a better moral victory.

Calling out your selective rationalizations is not contrarian. I am a scholar and a gentleman and I'm duty bound to so.

Mario can't coach because he went 9-4.

Herm can coach because he went 7-6.

Nosepicker can coach because defense.

All three in their first years with their programs. Mario beat them both and won his bowl game. What happened to the other guys?
    Mario had a cupcake non conference schedule and an NFL QB he didn't recruit to work with. Herm didn't. Like I said, Cristobal has yet to prove he's not Clay Helton riding the coat tails of Sam Darnold. Sure, we'll learn more about Mario's coaching ability this season. But he won't truly be exposed for the coach he is until Herbert is gone and he has his own guys in there. That's why he's unproven. 8-4 with 3-year starter Justin Herbert isn't shit and neither is an ugly 7-6 bowl win against a terrible Michigan State team. You lose, again.
    Oregon wasn’t expected to win more than 9 games. Also, the cupboard wasn’t bare at all at ASU. Helfrich bombed the roster more than Graham.
    ASU was picked to come in last place in the god awful South you idiot. That Michigan State team Oregon beat had already been beaten by Herm earlier in the season with less talent to work with. Herbert versus Manny Wilkins talent wise is not even comparable. You're shitting on yourself right now.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,744
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

lawsandl said:

Oregon has had 3 OC in three seasons. Also, even with 30 blue choppers, there’s been gaping holes in the roster. Everyone has their qualms about the offense but realistically the 2nd year should look a lot less disjointed.

So why isn't it the same expectation with the rest of the conference teams that recently experienced coaching changes you moron? You think Oregon will get better but those other teams will stay mediocre. Quook logic.
    The same reason Oregon doesn't get a moral victory for Stanford and Utah gets one for Northwestern.
    Fuck are you talking about? I never said anything about Oregon and moral victories. You just pulled that out of your ass. You're just being a contrarian little bitch at this point fighting a losing argument in favor of Oregon when you're supposedly a UW fan. Fuck off.
    Pulled the Ute moral victory over NW out of your ass. Figured you wouldn't give MC a moral victory over Stanford, even though it was a better moral victory.

Calling out your selective rationalizations is not contrarian. I am a scholar and a gentleman and I'm duty bound to so.

All three in their first years with their programs. Mario beat them both and won his bowl game. What happened to the other guys?
    Got you now Cuog!

Sark's the nosepicker. Wilcox is the creepy tongue action. You've been exposed!
    I thought I saw one of Wilcox picking his nose too.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Mario had a cupcake non conference schedule and an NFL QB he didn't recruit to work with. Herm didn't. Like I said, Cristobal has yet to prove he's not Clay Helton riding the coat tails of Sam Darnold. Sure, we'll learn more about Mario's coaching ability this season. But he won't truly be exposed for the coach he is until Herbert is gone and he has his own guys in there. That's why he's unproven. 8-4 with 3-year starter Justin Herbert isn't shit and neither is an ugly 7-6 bowl win against a terrible Michigan State team. You lose, again.
    Oregon wasn’t expected to win more than 9 games. Also, the cupboard wasn’t bare at all at ASU. Helfrich bombed the roster more than Graham.
    ASU was picked to come in last place in the conference you idiot. That Michigan State team Oregon beat had already been beaten by Herm earlier in the season with less talent to work with. Herbert versus Manny Wilkins talent wise is not even comparable. You're shitting on yourself right now.
    They had a lot more skill player talent around Wilkins you dolt. You’re cherry picking the qb, you said Herbert was a three starter when he had a year of starts coming in, and they didn’t have the defensive holes that Helf left. Also, it’s much easier to go over when your win total is expected to be 5 vs 9. Also, I am not saying Edwards isn’t going to work out. I am also not saying Cristobal coaches well. I am saying the jury should be out on both.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

lawsandl said:

Got you now Cuog!

Unless YOU have proof in HAND...it’s speculation for YOU. ‘Those who know’....meaning YOU are not a ‘THOSE’. I didn’t create the English language but ‘speculation’ is pretty cut and dry. Unless you are an eye witness, YOU are speculating. Word of mouth is not proof.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

ASU was picked to come in last place in the conference you idiot. That Michigan State team Oregon beat had already been beaten by Herm earlier in the season with less talent to work with. Herbert versus Manny Wilkins talent wise is not even comparable. You're shitting on yourself right now.
    They had a lot more skill player talent around Wilkins you dolt. You’re cherry picking the qb, you said Herbert was a three starter when he had a year of starts coming in, and they didn’t have the defensive holes that Helf left. Also, it’s much easier to go over when your win total is expected to be 5 vs 9. Also, I am not saying Edwards isn’t going to work out. I am also not saying Cristobal coaches well. I am saying the jury should be out on both.
    Oregon was way more talented than ASU last season. It's not even close. Look at the class rankings. They certainly aren't 100% accurate but there is a sizable enough gap between Oregon recruiting and ASU recruiting to say Oregon was more talented last season. Justin Herbert alone puts Oregon over the top of ASU talent wise. You are shitting on yourself. Herm Edwards was more impressive last season from a pure coaching stand point than Mario Cristobal was without question.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Oregon was way more talented than ASU last season. It's not even close. Look at the class rankings. They certainly aren't 100% accurate but there is a sizable enough gap between Oregon recruiting and ASU recruiting to say Oregon was more talented last season. Justin Herbert alone puts Oregon over the top of ASU talent wise. You are shitting on yourself. Herm Edwards was more imrpessive last season from a pure coaching stand point than Mario Cristobal was without question.
    I am not saying Oregon wasn’t more talented. I am saying ASU doesn’t have the worst talent in the South. Most people thought ASU was being overlooked.

Also, go look at the 2015 class for Oregon. Helf bombed his last two classes.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

Mario had a cupcake non conference schedule and an NFL QB he didn't recruit to work with. Herm didn't. Wilcox doesn't even have a QB but as a defensive minded head coach, he has done a fantastic job.

Like I said, Cristobal has yet to prove he's not Clay Helton riding the coat tails of Sam Darnold. Sure, we'll learn more about Mario's coaching ability this season, but he won't truly be exposed for the coach he is until Herbert is gone and he has his own guys in there. That's why he's unproven. 8-4 with 3-year starter Justin Herbert isn't shit and neither is an ugly 7-6 bowl win against a terrible Michigan State team. He went 5-4 in conference play after a cupcake non conference schedule. You lose, again.
    Herbert and Sam Darnold in the same sentence. :D SD was one of the most clutch qbs I've ever seen in cfb. Herbert is the second coming of Jim Druckenmiller. For every NFL dime throw he makes he gives you 8 shitty ones. Sometimes that's all you got, w/ or w/o coaching.

So let me see if I have this: we don't know who MC really is until he gets his guys in there, but we know six-loss Herm can coach? Was it the Fresno State game that got you there?

You told me that Herm can coach. You told me that Wilcox can coach. They have two things in common: 7-6 and lost to Mario.

Whittingham has been there forever. He has his guys in there. He lost five games, the last one to embarrassing Northwestern. Three words: Akron, Duke & Home.

Why are these guys so great in your eyes, and Cristobal so terrible? Exposed? Are you like OBK and can only handle Cuban men in reasonable amounts? WTF dude? That's fucking racist af.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

ASU was picked to come in last place in the god awful South you idiot. That Michigan State team Oregon beat had already been beaten by Herm earlier in the season with less talent to work with. Herbert versus Manny Wilkins talent wise is not even comparable. You're shitting on yourself right now.
    ASU was no worse in 2017 than Oregon, and wasn't on their third coach in 4 years, who himself was one and done. At least ASU had stability in Graham. I'd say Mario walked into at least as shitty a situation; arguably worse.

I would take Manny Wilkins over Herbert any fucking day of the week if my goal were to win a cfb game. The fact that one has NFL measurables means nada. And you've conveniently forgotten who they were throwing to. Herbert had one receiver he could count on, and he was good. Wilkins had a few, and his #1 target was a first round draft pick.

Next twisted rationalization.
  • Options
    Both of you are total retards. Justin Herbert was in line to potentially be the #1 overall draft pick this last draft. Manny Wilkins went undrafted. Again, just being contrarian bitches and ignoring facts. If you walk into a situation with a top-10 draft pick at QB, it makes a WORLD of difference and a much easier rebuild!
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Both of you are total retards. Justin Herbert was in line to potentially be the #1 overall draft pick this last draft. Manny Wilkins went undrafted. Again, just being contrarian bitches and ignoring facts. If you walk into a situation with a top-10 draft pick at QB, it makes a WORLD of difference and a much easier rebuild!

So it was the Fresno State game that won you over then? Great.

But, here, you are simply wrong.

As for QB, Minshew was better last year than Herbert, and nobody has ever labeled him first round talent. Get bent with this shit. Herbert was average at best. Just because a kid can make an NFL dime throw once in 8 tries doesn't make him a great QB. Herbert is NOT a great QB. He's just a physically gifted kid. There's a difference. Vinny Testatarde was a physically gifted freak of an athlete and found ways to lose games that Steve Walsh, who had a noodle for an arm, would win with his eyes closed.

You should teach an selective reasoning 101 class. You're good.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

Got you now Cuog!

Unless YOU have proof in HAND...it’s speculation for YOU. ‘Those who know’....meaning YOU are not a ‘THOSE’. I didn’t create the English language but ‘speculation’ is pretty cut and dry. Unless you are an eye witness, YOU are speculating. Word of mouth is not proof.
    Ok!!!!!!!
  • Options

Oregon had two running backs that were frosh and didn’t deserve to start. Every wide receiver was a turd outside Mitchell. Harry and Enos were elite. Wilkins was a productive college qb.

I am not saying ASU was more talented. Edwards had a lot to work with. He has a tougher job this year than last.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

Oregon had two running backs that were frosh and didn’t deserve to start. Every wide receiver was a turd outside Mitchell. Harry and Enos were elite. Wilkins was a productive college qb.

I am not saying ASU was more talented. Edwards had a lot to work with. He has a tougher job this year than last.
    winning is winning.

7-6 is 7-6.

9-4 > 7-6.

'nuff said on that.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    DidNotRead.gif
  • Options

As for QB, Minshew was better last year than Herbert, and nobody has ever labeled him first round talent. Get bent with this shit. Herbert was average at best. Just because a kid can make an NFL dime throw once in 8 tries doesn't make him a great QB. Herbert is NOT a great QB. He's just a physically gifted kid. There's a difference. Vinny Testatarde was a physically gifted freak of an athlete and found ways to lose games that Steve Walsh, who had a noodle for an arm, would win with his eyes closed.

NFL scouts said Herbert would have been in consideration for the #1 overall draft pick had he come out last draft. That's a fact. Point is, he's a far superior talent for a new head coach to work with than Manny Wilkins was.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

And Cristobal had a much better O-line with four, three-year starters on it to work with. Herm was more impressive last season.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

lawsandl said:

And Cristobal had a much better O-line with four, three-year starters on it to work with. Herm was more impressive last season.
    Nope. 7-6 is 7-6. Just like winning is winning, right? Right.

Oregon went through their 3rd HC in 4 years. One B+ receiver. Two running backs nobody's ever heard of. No TEs. Not to mention a horrible defense. Their QB, who you like so much, has yet to play a complete game and gives you one good pass every 8 attempts.

Whatever differences in overall team talent are imperceptible. And, he lost to Fresno State, a team that surely has more talent than ASU, right? Right.

No, he wasn't. Mario beat him, and lost two fewer games, and since you're into moral victories, he constructively lost 3 fewer games.

Mario > Edwards in 2018.
  • Options

NFL scouts said Herbert would have been in consideration for the #1 overall draft pick had he come out last draft. That's a fact. Point is, he's a far superior talent for a new head coach to work with than Manny Wilkins was.
    If this is your overall argument, you should just pack it in. It's a loser.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I was pleasantly surprised by Edwards because it was such a gamble and he’s weird. Edwards exceeded my expectations because they were so low. The coaching selection had a chance to bomb.

I hope he does well. We need the conference perception to be better. It will be interesting to see how he does going forward. He has to develop a qb and replace Harry. This year will be a test as everyone will key Enos.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

lawsandl said:

Nope. 7-6 is 7-6. Just like winning is winning, right? Right.

Oregon went through their 3rd HC in 4 years. One B+ receiver. Two running backs nobody's ever heard of. No TEs. Not to mention a horrible defense. Their QB, who you like so much, has yet to play a complete game and gives you one good pass every 8 attempts.

Whatever differences in overall team talent are imperceptible. And, he lost to Fresno State, a team that surely has more talent than ASU, right? Right.

No, he wasn't. Mario beat him, and lost two fewer games, and since you're into moral victories, he constructively lost 3 fewer games.

Mario > Edwards in 2018.
    Herm was way more impressive last season than Cristobal. It's not even close. Oregon's games against WSU and Arizona were unacceptable performances given Oregon's talent compared to those programs. Fresno State is coached by Jeff Tedford, another really good coach who's better than Cristobal. You don't get to ignore the talent gap between the two programs and just say Mario won more games. That's retarded. Mario went 5-4 in Pac-12 play, same as Herm at ASU, but Cristobal has more talent to work with and higher expectations than Herm in his first season.