Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Wilson to the Ducks

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

@oregonblitzkrieg Truth hurts. Enjoy the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl this season.

No, he just wants you to shut up. Everybody does.

But that was a GOOD Northwestern team. :D

That's how we know the Pac 12 doesn't suck.
    Yeah, I consider a team that finishes 2nd in the Big-10 a pretty good team. They were basically the Utah of the Big-10 so naturally it was a closely contested game. Utah could have ran away with it but they let them back in the game and choked. It happens. Wasn't worse than Oregon's debacle against TCU but it happens.

I never denied the Pac-12 has been down in terms of non-conference competitiveness in recent years. My point is there was a reason for it and that reason has been addressed. Any Oregon fan looking at the rest of the conference as mostly a cake walk for Oregon in the years to come is a total idiot. Oregon can't even beat WSU, UW is going to be a powerhouse, Stanford is consistently a 9-10 win team, and Cal now plays defense which will keep them competitive in most of their games. Down south Utah is obviously getting better every year. They play defense and put guys in the league. Obviously Chip Kelly knows what he's doing and UCLA will easily surpass what they were under Mora in a year or two. Herm looks like he can coach too. There is no cake walk for Oregon going forward. Most games in this conference are going to be a dawg fight and that includes for UW. There are very few easy wins to be had.

Idiots look at the recruiting rankings and say "obviously UW and Oregon are going to be the top-dawgs in the conference" and it's retarded. UW? Sure, we have a proven head coach. Oregon doesn't. They've been recruiting at a way higher level than WSU the past four years and have lost to them every single time. You have to have both the talent and the coaching and Cristobal is unproven as a coach so it's stupid to pencil in Oregon as a top-dawg until Cristobal proves he's not another Clay Helton-type moron riding the back of a future NFL QB he didn't sign.
    I think this only exists in your mind. Most people understand conference games are unpredictable; and no reasonable fan has Oregon penciled in for anything. You let the fringe bother you too much. The rest is conjecture, rationalized bias and emphasis on relatively unimportant points. P12 sucks until it doesn't, including Oregon. Keep it simple.

Edwards lost six games and lost to Fresno State in the LV Bowl. Kelly hasn't done shit and encore performances fail at least as often as they succeed. I'll wait that one out. Wilcox? 1/2 a team. Oregon handled them thoroughly.

Cristobal stepped into a shit show and went 9-4 and beat the conference champs. He was in every loss but one, arguably two. Utah "basically beat" Northwestern in a game they lost by 11? Then you gotta give MC the moral victory for Stanford - a game that unraveled in spectacular fashion at the very end. One play away from nailing the coffin.

Oregon got better, everybody knows it, and then he followed that with a great recruiting class. If these facts were happening at Washington there would be no shutting you up. Hang him for Arizona and WSU? Sure. No argument. But then don't come tell me "but Utah" who lost to a loser team that couldn't handle Akron at home and "6 loss Herm can coach". GTFO with that selective ass reasoning.

You just have a bias. No big deal; it's your thing.

And c'mon man 9-4? I heard Mario should be fired if he didn't go 9-3 regular season with their cupcake OOC, soft schedule, and talent already in the cupboard. I guess beating Worshington and a team with no offense in the Red Box Bowl make up for that. That's some serious little brother, "Sark beat #2 USC" if I ever heard it. You also can't shit all over the conference and Washington then turn around and use those wins to justify Mario being a good head coach.

I'm not sure Oregon can do better by replacing him but let's not pretend Mario has done anything to actually justify quooking about the future. LIPO is the best argument you can make.
    I fear you missed the point of that point. That the conference is shit is simply a fact. I assume you don't want to burn any gas on that point.

I've got a guy here apologizing for Utah and their moral victories, and telling me Herm can coach. I've got the same guy telling me Cristobal has done nothing to show he can coach. Cristobal beat 6-loss Herm, and Pete and Wilcox, and has his own moral victory to waive around since we're apparently buying into those now. He had one, maybe two, shit shows during the season. He recruited lights out afterward.

It's not world beater material by any means, but he just fucking got there.

As I said, false binaries, selective rationalizations and emphasis on unimportant facts. We can lampoon Crisco all day for Arizona and WSU, but then every single other coach in the conference, including Pete, have some splaining to do about their own shit shows.

And just to clear this up: anybody who thinks Oregon is a lock for anything is fucking stupid. But is it quooking to say they're trending in a good direction? I don't think so. Fuck, Pete was 4th in the North in year 2. Oregon was objectively better last season, and the program had been in shambles. There were better in almost every phase, disciplinary shit like penalties improved and MC validated his rep as a good recruiter. Like I said to ballz: if these facts were happening at Washington in the same context, people here would be very excited and hopeful. I've no doubt about it.

Of course it's LIPO. What else could it be?
    I'm going to give you your own advice, you worry too much about the fringe AKA Sac talking shit to quooks.

I just expect better from Crepe' than justifying a corch that needs to rely on "you have no idea the damage Helfrich did" to go 5-4 in a shit conference while having over 30 blue chips on the roster.

IMO best case for your Quooks is that Mario continues to sell "the future is here", loads up on talent, and is hired away theny replaced with someone better at actual coaching.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Oregon has had 3 OC in three seasons. Also, even with 30 blue choppers, there’s been gaping holes in the roster. Everyone has their qualms about the offense but realistically the 2nd year should look a lot less disjointed.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    lawsandl said:

Oregon has had 3 OC in three seasons. Also, even with 30 blue choppers, there’s been gaping holes in the roster. Everyone has their qualms about the offense but realistically the 2nd year should look a lot less disjointed.

So why isn't it the same expectation with the rest of the conference teams that recently experienced coaching changes you moron? You think Oregon will get better but those other teams will stay mediocre. Quook logic.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

lawsandl said:

So why isn't it the same expectation with the rest of the conference teams that recently experienced coaching changes you moron? You think Oregon will get better but those other teams will stay mediocre. Quook logic.
    The same reason Oregon doesn't get a moral victory for Stanford and Utah gets one for Northwestern.
  • Options

@oregonblitzkrieg Truth hurts. Enjoy the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl this season.

No, he just wants you to shut up. Everybody does.

But that was a GOOD Northwestern team. :D

That's how we know the Pac 12 doesn't suck.
    Yeah, I consider a team that finishes 2nd in the Big-10 a pretty good team. They were basically the Utah of the Big-10 so naturally it was a closely contested game. Utah could have ran away with it but they let them back in the game and choked. It happens. Wasn't worse than Oregon's debacle against TCU but it happens.

I never denied the Pac-12 has been down in terms of non-conference competitiveness in recent years. My point is there was a reason for it and that reason has been addressed. Any Oregon fan looking at the rest of the conference as mostly a cake walk for Oregon in the years to come is a total idiot. Oregon can't even beat WSU, UW is going to be a powerhouse, Stanford is consistently a 9-10 win team, and Cal now plays defense which will keep them competitive in most of their games. Down south Utah is obviously getting better every year. They play defense and put guys in the league. Obviously Chip Kelly knows what he's doing and UCLA will easily surpass what they were under Mora in a year or two. Herm looks like he can coach too. There is no cake walk for Oregon going forward. Most games in this conference are going to be a dawg fight and that includes for UW. There are very few easy wins to be had.

Idiots look at the recruiting rankings and say "obviously UW and Oregon are going to be the top-dawgs in the conference" and it's retarded. UW? Sure, we have a proven head coach. Oregon doesn't. They've been recruiting at a way higher level than WSU the past four years and have lost to them every single time. You have to have both the talent and the coaching and Cristobal is unproven as a coach so it's stupid to pencil in Oregon as a top-dawg until Cristobal proves he's not another Clay Helton-type moron riding the back of a future NFL QB he didn't sign.
    I think this only exists in your mind. Most people understand conference games are unpredictable; and no reasonable fan has Oregon penciled in for anything. You let the fringe bother you too much. The rest is conjecture, rationalized bias and emphasis on relatively unimportant points. P12 sucks until it doesn't, including Oregon. Keep it simple.

Edwards lost six games and lost to Fresno State in the LV Bowl. Kelly hasn't done shit and encore performances fail at least as often as they succeed. I'll wait that one out. Wilcox? 1/2 a team. Oregon handled them thoroughly.

Cristobal stepped into a shit show and went 9-4 and beat the conference champs. He was in every loss but one, arguably two. Utah "basically beat" Northwestern in a game they lost by 11? Then you gotta give MC the moral victory for Stanford - a game that unraveled in spectacular fashion at the very end. One play away from nailing the coffin.

Oregon got better, everybody knows it, and then he followed that with a great recruiting class. If these facts were happening at Washington there would be no shutting you up. Hang him for Arizona and WSU? Sure. No argument. But then don't come tell me "but Utah" who lost to a loser team that couldn't handle Akron at home and "6 loss Herm can coach". GTFO with that selective ass reasoning.

You just have a bias. No big deal; it's your thing.

And c'mon man 9-4? I heard Mario should be fired if he didn't go 9-3 regular season with their cupcake OOC, soft schedule, and talent already in the cupboard. I guess beating Worshington and a team with no offense in the Red Box Bowl make up for that. That's some serious little brother, "Sark beat #2 USC" if I ever heard it. You also can't shit all over the conference and Washington then turn around and use those wins to justify Mario being a good head coach.

I'm not sure Oregon can do better by replacing him but let's not pretend Mario has done anything to actually justify quooking about the future. LIPO is the best argument you can make.
    I fear you missed the point of that point. That the conference is shit is simply a fact. I assume you don't want to burn any gas on that point.

I've got a guy here apologizing for Utah and their moral victories, and telling me Herm can coach. I've got the same guy telling me Cristobal has done nothing to show he can coach. Cristobal beat 6-loss Herm, and Pete and Wilcox, and has his own moral victory to waive around since we're apparently buying into those now. He had one, maybe two, shit shows during the season. He recruited lights out afterward.

It's not world beater material by any means, but he just fucking got there.

As I said, false binaries, selective rationalizations and emphasis on unimportant facts. We can lampoon Crisco all day for Arizona and WSU, but then every single other coach in the conference, including Pete, have some splaining to do about their own shit shows.

And just to clear this up: anybody who thinks Oregon is a lock for anything is fucking stupid. But is it quooking to say they're trending in a good direction? I don't think so. Fuck, Pete was 4th in the North in year 2. Oregon was objectively better last season, and the program had been in shambles. There were better in almost every phase, disciplinary shit like penalties improved and MC validated his rep as a good recruiter. Like I said to ballz: if these facts were happening at Washington in the same context, people here would be very excited and hopeful. I've no doubt about it.

Of course it's LIPO. What else could it be?
    I'm going to give you your own advice, you worry too much about the fringe AKA Sac talking shit to quooks.

I just expect better from Crepe' than justifying a corch that needs to rely on "you have no idea the damage Helfrich did" to go 5-4 in a shit conference while having over 30 blue chips on the roster.

IMO best case for your Quooks is that Mario continues to sell "the future is here", loads up on talent, and is hired away theny replaced with someone better at actual coaching.
    Mario does two things I like to see in a coach: he believes in physical O lines and a traditional running game, and he recruits well. I saw nothing last year to suggest that anyone should be disappointed with him. If he's a shit coach for real, it should show up this season, and if it does then I'll join the chorus. Until then, I just can't see it. I think he has two games to explain and little else.

• Options

lawsandl said:

Again, the pac 12 is down due to more than coaching. However, the top teams haven’t had turnover and every conference has coaching changes at the bottom.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

lawsandl said:

The same reason Oregon doesn't get a moral victory for Stanford and Utah gets one for Northwestern.
    Fuck are you talking about? I never said anything about Oregon and moral victories. You just pulled that out of your ass. You're just being a contrarian little bitch at this point fighting a losing argument in favor of Oregon when you're supposedly a UW fan. Fuck off.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Again, the pac 12 is down due to more than coaching. However, the top teams haven’t had turnover and every conference has coaching changes at the bottom.
    Nah, it was mostly the coaching changes. Oregon was down because of coaching changes and the other teams were too.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Nah, it was mostly the coaching changes. Oregon was down because of coaching changes and the other teams were too.
    The PAC had shitty coaches and replaced them with more shitty coaches. We have a resource issue. We don’t fill stadiums, we don’t have as big of staffs, the S&C programs are not as funded, and a lot of elite talent is leaving the region.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

lawsandl said:

Fuck are you talking about? I never said anything about Oregon and moral victories. You just pulled that out of your ass. You're just being a contrarian little bitch at this point fighting a losing argument in favor of Oregon when you're supposedly a UW fan. Fuck off.
    Pulled the Ute moral victory over NW out of your ass. Figured you wouldn't give MC a moral victory over Stanford, even though it was a better moral victory.

Calling out your selective rationalizations is not contrarian. I am a scholar and a gentleman and I'm duty bound to so.

Mario can't coach because he went 9-4.

Herm can coach because he went 7-6.

Nosepicker can coach because defense.

All three in their first years with their programs. Mario beat them both and won his bowl game. What happened to the other guys?
  • Options

lawsandl said:

Pulled the Ute moral victory over NW out of your ass. Figured you wouldn't give MC a moral victory over Stanford, even though it was a better moral victory.

Calling out your selective rationalizations is not contrarian. I am a scholar and a gentleman and I'm duty bound to so.

All three in their first years with their programs. Mario beat them both and won his bowl game. What happened to the other guys?
    It’s almost like UW being king of the hill, there’s a vested interest in the hill being bigger.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

lawsandl said:

Got you now Cuog!

Sark's the nosepicker. Wilcox is the creepy tongue action. You've been exposed!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

That's the dictionary definition of a losing program which in the Pac 12 is 7 or 8 wins

This is Cristobal's second year as HC but he was still a big recruiter under Willie so if you don't see something this year you may not in year three next year

Welcome to hell
  • Options

lawsandl said:

That's the dictionary definition of a losing program which in the Pac 12 is 7 or 8 wins

This is Cristobal's second year as HC but he was still a big recruiter under Willie so if you don't see something this year you may not in year three next year

Welcome to hell
    This is a make it or break it year. The roster has depth and talent. This is what I said. Not sure what your point is.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

Welcome to hell

Also, this is his 2nd season. The offense changed last year.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Welcome to hell
    This is a make it or break it year. The roster has depth and talent. This is what I said. Not sure what your point is.
    I am
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited August 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Welcome to hell

Why give him an extension and a raise when hasn't earned it? Fire the AD. I could have easily went 9-4 with that junk schedule and scored a single lousy touchdown in the bowl game against Michigan State.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Welcome to hell

Why give him an extension and a raise when hasn't earned it? Fire the AD. I could have easily went 9-4 with that junk schedule and scored a single lousy touchdown in the bowl game against Michigan State.
    He got nothing - a token gesture since he came on the cheap.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

lawsandl said:

Mario had a cupcake non conference schedule and an NFL QB he didn't recruit to work with. Herm didn't. Wilcox doesn't even have a QB but as a defensive minded head coach, he has done a fantastic job.

Like I said, Cristobal has yet to prove he's not Clay Helton riding the coat tails of Sam Darnold. Sure, we'll learn more about Mario's coaching ability this season, but he won't truly be exposed for the coach he is until Herbert is gone and he has his own guys in there. That's why he's unproven. 8-4 with 3-year starter Justin Herbert isn't shit and neither is an ugly 7-6 bowl win against a terrible Michigan State team. He went 5-4 in conference play after a cupcake non conference schedule. You lose, again.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

Mario had a cupcake non conference schedule and an NFL QB he didn't recruit to work with. Herm didn't. Like I said, Cristobal has yet to prove he's not Clay Helton riding the coat tails of Sam Darnold. Sure, we'll learn more about Mario's coaching ability this season. But he won't truly be exposed for the coach he is until Herbert is gone and he has his own guys in there. That's why he's unproven. 8-4 with 3-year starter Justin Herbert isn't shit and neither is an ugly 7-6 bowl win against a terrible Michigan State team. You lose, again.
    Oregon wasn’t expected to win more than 9 games. Also, the cupboard wasn’t bare at all at ASU. Helfrich bombed the roster more than Graham.