Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Wilson to the Ducks

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,744
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

LMAO they literally took Brayden Lenius 2.0 and think he's the best receiver Oregon has ever recruited! :D

And they think they got a huge win over UW lol! :D

OMG you guys. Oregon fans give me so many laughs. Bless their hearts. They don't know what they don't know.

Did you get a lot of laughs during the 13 straight years we were kicking your ass. 😂
    Only made the tanking of your program that much more hilarious :D

Bye bye Oregon golden era :D

Regression to the mean :D

Middle of the PAC :D
    Lol, it’s going to be Oregon and UW for awhile. Oregon is going no where but up with the state of the PAC 12 right now.
    Perception is not reality. The Pac-12 isn't shit. Just had a lot of head coaching turnover the last couple of years but is now stabilizing again. Let me know when Oregon beats WSU. Until then it'll be UW and WSU battling for the North title.
    There is a void of coaching talent in the PAC 12. It’s really not good. It’s a bunch of retreads and assistants that didn’t even run their side of the ball with Wilcox and Leach handicapped by location. I am including Cristobal. What makes me optimistic about Cristobal is the the money Oregon will put into the program and his work ethic. He has a vision that’s proven unlike Edwards.

Recruiting is slipping, stadiums are emptier and we have a terrible PAC 12 commissioner.
    The Pac-12 has the best head coaching talent in the country right now. Can you name a conference with a collection of coaches better than Petersen, Kelly, Shaw, Leach, and Wilcox? Those guys know what they're doing. You're trying to look for easy wins for Oregon that won't be there. This conference is always the most competitive conference in the country. Oregon will never get back to the level of success they had under Chip Kelly and Cristobal's recruiting is smoke and mirrors. Not enough recruiting wins against big boy schools to justify the class rating and too many of his 4-star commits are skill players and not enough are lineman. A lot of people work really hard, doesn't mean they're competent.
    You have to be kidding yourself. The PAC 12 is competitive because everyone is mediocre and the top end teams aren’t talented enough to go unscathed. The PAC 12 has shit the bed against other leagues. What are you smoking?

Kelly and Petersen are the most decorated coaches. Kelly will only be good if he decides to recruit. He will never help this conference if he doesn’t up his game. His recruiting at UCLA is far worse than at Oregon. For the sake of the conference, I hope he can get UCLA to 8-4 and matched up in bowls where he can win.

Right now coaching is clearly superior in the Big 10 and SEC.
    Yeah no it's not. The Big 10 and SEC don't have a top-five head coaches in those conferences as good as Petersen, Kelly, Leach, Shaw, and Whittingham. Wilcox and Edwards look like up and comers as well. Pac-12 has the best head coaching talent in the country. Like I said, the coaching turnover in recent years had the conference down. But now it's being built back up by quality coaches who can evaluate and develop talent.
    We get our shit knocked in by Northwestern, dude. You’re wrong.
    Did you watch the fucking game? Utah should have won, easily and that was against the Big-10 champs. You're reaching for straws. There is no easy path for Oregon to get back to the top of the conference. You will be disappointed with how many losses they have to "mediocre" Pac-12 teams this season and the seasons to come.
    Yes. They lost by two scores and NW wasn’t the champ. Also, Stanford shit the bed against them too and probably will this year.
    So fucking what? Northwestern doesn't suck. You're right, they were the Big-10 Championship runner-ups. Must have been pretty good last season.
    Lolz. This is where you go from @StrongArmCobra , someone who had a decent thread in the Tug, to @StrongBallzCobra, a man who doesn't listen to razon.

First, you erroneously tabbed NW the Big 10 champs, a fact you could have easily looked up if you weren't foaming at the mouth.

Then, you double down and say they don't suck, despite five, 5, losses, including two, at home, to Akron and Duke. I'll spell it out again so you read it: AKRON and Duke. At HOME. Then got their asses handed to them by Ohio State.

Then you triple down and give us the "they should have won." There's a saying on this board: winners win. Losers say "they should have won." And they lost by 11. To fucking Northwestern.

If your new thing is to try and prop up the Pac 12 as some form of validation for Washington losses, I applaud your courage and admire your spunk. It is a mighty steep hill you climb.

Kyle Whittingham has one of the best bowl records in the country. It's a stupid point picking one data point to make an argument and it's an attempt to diverge the discussion onto some stupid tangent. The Pac-12 has good coaches and will only get better from here on out. Mario Cristobal isn't one of them. But how long did it take you to do the research and write this?
    Maybe you should look at who Whittingham has beaten in bowl games....
    7-5 Georgia Tech
    8-5 Tulsa
    8-5 Navy
    12-2 Bama (yes, a really good win)
    8-5 Cal
    8-5 Georgia Tech
    10-2 Colorado State
    9-4 BYU
    6-7 Indiana
    7-6 West Virginia

A real murderer's row, there. His record has more to do with shit MWC/Pac12 bowl tie-ins than anything else

Winning is winning. Whittingham is a really good coach who has to work with lesser talent but develops them very well. He's way better than the retard Oregon has to work with as are many other Pac-12 coaches. Again, none of you dumb ass quooks can prove the Pac-12 doesn't have really good coaching right now. Oregon is not owning shit in this conference anymore. It's UW and everybody else until USC gets their shit together.
    Pac 12 Last 3 years
    2018: 3-4 in bowls
    2017: 1-8 in bowls
    2016: 2-3 in bowls

Easily the worst out of all p5 conferences in that stretch, despite getting the easier matchups due to our shitty bowl alignment. But sure, the conference is filled with good coaches.
    TBF the only counter-point I would make is that the ACC is Clemson and some shitty-used to be good Florida teams. The Pac 12 is probably better team for team but is missing the banner bearer at the top.
    Really? I think I could only know that if they all played each other. And outside of Washington, I'd have a hard time picking a winner across the board. The Pac is shit.
    C'mon Creep, see past your orange and green glasses. The ACC resorts to SEC esque-schedule mandering and has no one nationally relevant besides Clemson.

I agree the Pac12 is down but not that much more so than everyone not named the SEC as the national #script likes to pretend. Fucking Northwestern was beating up the Big 10 too and I'm NOT here to tell you they were any good.
    I know the ACC sucks. I'm just questioning your team for team comment. Is Cal better than Virginia Tech? Fuck I don't know. Is Arizona better than Miami? I really can't say. I'm just saying I see a lot of C - students in each conference when you get past the top of the class.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

DJDuck said:

LMAO they literally took Brayden Lenius 2.0 and think he's the best receiver Oregon has ever recruited! :D

And they think they got a huge win over UW lol! :D

OMG you guys. Oregon fans give me so many laughs. Bless their hearts. They don't know what they don't know.

Did you get a lot of laughs during the 13 straight years we were kicking your ass. 😂
    Only made the tanking of your program that much more hilarious :D

Bye bye Oregon golden era :D

Regression to the mean :D

Middle of the PAC :D
    Lol, it’s going to be Oregon and UW for awhile. Oregon is going no where but up with the state of the PAC 12 right now.
    Perception is not reality. The Pac-12 isn't shit. Just had a lot of head coaching turnover the last couple of years but is now stabilizing again. Let me know when Oregon beats WSU. Until then it'll be UW and WSU battling for the North title.
    There is a void of coaching talent in the PAC 12. It’s really not good. It’s a bunch of retreads and assistants that didn’t even run their side of the ball with Wilcox and Leach handicapped by location. I am including Cristobal. What makes me optimistic about Cristobal is the the money Oregon will put into the program and his work ethic. He has a vision that’s proven unlike Edwards.

Recruiting is slipping, stadiums are emptier and we have a terrible PAC 12 commissioner.
    The Pac-12 has the best head coaching talent in the country right now. Can you name a conference with a collection of coaches better than Petersen, Kelly, Shaw, Leach, and Wilcox? Those guys know what they're doing. You're trying to look for easy wins for Oregon that won't be there. This conference is always the most competitive conference in the country. Oregon will never get back to the level of success they had under Chip Kelly and Cristobal's recruiting is smoke and mirrors. Not enough recruiting wins against big boy schools to justify the class rating and too many of his 4-star commits are skill players and not enough are lineman. A lot of people work really hard, doesn't mean they're competent.
    You have to be kidding yourself. The PAC 12 is competitive because everyone is mediocre and the top end teams aren’t talented enough to go unscathed. The PAC 12 has shit the bed against other leagues. What are you smoking?

Kelly and Petersen are the most decorated coaches. Kelly will only be good if he decides to recruit. He will never help this conference if he doesn’t up his game. His recruiting at UCLA is far worse than at Oregon. For the sake of the conference, I hope he can get UCLA to 8-4 and matched up in bowls where he can win.

Right now coaching is clearly superior in the Big 10 and SEC.
    Yeah no it's not. The Big 10 and SEC don't have a top-five head coaches in those conferences as good as Petersen, Kelly, Leach, Shaw, and Whittingham. Wilcox and Edwards look like up and comers as well. Pac-12 has the best head coaching talent in the country. Like I said, the coaching turnover in recent years had the conference down. But now it's being built back up by quality coaches who can evaluate and develop talent.
    We get our shit knocked in by Northwestern, dude. You’re wrong.
    Did you watch the fucking game? Utah should have won, easily and that was against the Big-10 champs. You're reaching for straws. There is no easy path for Oregon to get back to the top of the conference. You will be disappointed with how many losses they have to "mediocre" Pac-12 teams this season and the seasons to come.
    Yes. They lost by two scores and NW wasn’t the champ. Also, Stanford shit the bed against them too and probably will this year.
    So fucking what? Northwestern doesn't suck. You're right, they were the Big-10 Championship runner-ups. Must have been pretty good last season.
    Lolz. This is where you go from @StrongArmCobra , someone who had a decent thread in the Tug, to @StrongBallzCobra, a man who doesn't listen to razon.

First, you erroneously tabbed NW the Big 10 champs, a fact you could have easily looked up if you weren't foaming at the mouth.

Then, you double down and say they don't suck, despite five, 5, losses, including two, at home, to Akron and Duke. I'll spell it out again so you read it: AKRON and Duke. At HOME. Then got their asses handed to them by Ohio State.

Then you triple down and give us the "they should have won." There's a saying on this board: winners win. Losers say "they should have won." And they lost by 11. To fucking Northwestern.

If your new thing is to try and prop up the Pac 12 as some form of validation for Washington losses, I applaud your courage and admire your spunk. It is a mighty steep hill you climb.

Kyle Whittingham has one of the best bowl records in the country. It's a stupid point picking one data point to make an argument and it's an attempt to diverge the discussion onto some stupid tangent. The Pac-12 has good coaches and will only get better from here on out. Mario Cristobal isn't one of them. But how long did it take you to do the research and write this?
    Maybe you should look at who Whittingham has beaten in bowl games....
    7-5 Georgia Tech
    8-5 Tulsa
    8-5 Navy
    12-2 Bama (yes, a really good win)
    8-5 Cal
    8-5 Georgia Tech
    10-2 Colorado State
    9-4 BYU
    6-7 Indiana
    7-6 West Virginia

A real murderer's row, there. His record has more to do with shit MWC/Pac12 bowl tie-ins than anything else

Winning is winning. Whittingham is a really good coach who has to work with lesser talent but develops them very well. He's way better than the retard Oregon has to work with as are many other Pac-12 coaches. Again, none of you dumb ass quooks can prove the Pac-12 doesn't have really good coaching right now. Oregon is not owning shit in this conference anymore. It's UW and everybody else until USC gets their shit together.
    Pac 12 Last 3 years
    2018: 3-4 in bowls
    2017: 1-8 in bowls
    2016: 2-3 in bowls

Easily the worst out of all p5 conferences in that stretch, despite getting the easier matchups due to our shitty bowl alignment. But sure, the conference is filled with good coaches.
    Like I already said. The conference has been going through a lot of head coaching turnover and rebuilds which explains the poor bowl performances overall. Now that the conference has head coaching stability again across the board we'll see that improve. I know you want the rest of the conference to suck because you don't have that much faith in Cristobal as an actual coach but that's not going to be the case. Oregon has to deal with Petersen, Leach, Shaw, and Wilcox. Those guys know what they're doing and those teams won't be easy wins for Oregon as long as those coaches are there. Get used to it.
    You’re making excuses. Leach, Whittingham and Shaw are what they are. Leagues are always going to recycle coaches.
    Lol the irony! I was told Oregon has been down recently due to so much coaching turnover. But when the same thing happens at a lot of other Pac-12 schools it's an excuse for the conference not winning bowl games.
    4 of the 5 coaches you mentioned by name are tenured coaches in the league you dolt. Wilcox is the only one that gets a pass.
    Leach won his bowl game.

Shaw and Whittingham lost closely contested bowl games but have already proven themselves prior to those games.

Wilcox is still deep in rebuild mode but his defense is very impressive given the talent he has to work with.

All of those coaches are more impressive at this time than Mario Cristobal is? So where are the easy wins for Oregon against "mediocre" conference opponents going to come from?
    This started because you acted like playing at Stanford and USC make the schedule that much harder. Since this league is so mediocre, you really have no idea what teams you want on the road or at home. Arizona and Wazzu could be harder to beat than USC and Stanford. In fact, it’s totally reasonable.
    No it's not. USC has one of the top-2 most talented rosters in the conference and Stanford has a proven head coach and an NFL QB as well. You'd rather play them at home compared to others in the conference. You're going full retard right now. I'm gonna laugh so hard when Oregon starts losing a bunch of games this season to those so called "mediocre" teams.
    He didn't say Oregon was going to beat all those teams. Oregon could lose to every Pac 12 team this season and all of those teams could still prove out to be mediocre. False binary.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2019
    Right. Oregon has issues to shore up. However, if you told me USC and Stanford or Zona and Wazzu at home. Right now I am saying the latter. I would bet the point differential swings in our favor more since they’re tougher away venues. Also, it’s most likely Wazzu is the best of the four and I wouldn’t confidently pick either USC/Stanford over Zona.

USC is breaking in 3.5 OL starters and I don’t expect them to recover if things don’t start well.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    @oregonblitzkrieg Truth hurts. Enjoy the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl this season.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

No, he just wants you to shut up. Everybody does.

But that was a GOOD Northwestern team. :D

That's how we know the Pac 12 doesn't suck.
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Yeah, I consider a team that finishes 2nd in the Big-10 a pretty good team. They were basically the Utah of the Big-10 so naturally it was a closely contested game. Utah could have ran away with it but they let them back in the game and choked. It happens. Wasn't worse than Oregon's debacle against TCU but it happens.

I never denied the Pac-12 has been down in terms of non-conference competitiveness in recent years. My point is there was a reason for it and that reason has been addressed. Any Oregon fan looking at the rest of the conference as mostly a cake walk for Oregon in the years to come is a total idiot. Oregon can't even beat WSU, UW is going to be a powerhouse, Stanford is consistently a 9-10 win team, and Cal now plays defense which will keep them competitive in most of their games. Down south Utah is obviously getting better every year. They play defense and put guys in the league. Obviously Chip Kelly knows what he's doing and UCLA will easily surpass what they were under Mora in a year or two. Herm looks like he can coach too. There is no cake walk for Oregon going forward. Most games in this conference are going to be a dawg fight and that includes for UW. There are very few easy wins to be had.

Idiots look at the recruiting rankings and say "obviously UW and Oregon are going to be the top-dawgs in the conference" and it's retarded. UW? Sure, we have a proven head coach. Oregon doesn't. They've been recruiting at a way higher level than WSU the past four years and have lost to them every single time. You have to have both the talent and the coaching and Cristobal is unproven as a coach so it's stupid to pencil in Oregon as a top-dawg until Cristobal proves he's not another Clay Helton-type moron riding the back of a future NFL QB he didn't sign.
  • Options

Yeah, I consider a team that finishes 2nd in the Big-10 a pretty good team. They were basically the Utah of the Big-10 so naturally it was a closely contested game. Utah could have ran away with it but they let them back in the game and choked. It happens. Wasn't worse than Oregon's debacle against TCU but it happens.

I never denied the Pac-12 has been down in terms of non-conference competitiveness in recent years. My point is there was a reason for it and that reason has been addressed. Any Oregon fan looking at the rest of the conference as mostly a cake walk for Oregon in the years to come is a total idiot. Oregon can't even beat WSU, UW is going to be a powerhouse, Stanford is consistently a 9-10 win team, and Cal now plays defense which will keep them competitive in most of their games. Down south Utah is obviously getting better every year. They play defense and put guys in the league. Obviously Chip Kelly knows what he's doing and UCLA will easily surpass what they were under Mora in a year or two. Herm looks like he can coach too. There is no cake walk for Oregon going forward. Most games in this conference are going to be a dawg fight and that includes for UW. There are very few easy wins to be had.

Idiots look at the recruiting rankings and say "obviously UW and Oregon are going to be the top-dawgs in the conference" and it's retarded. UW? Sure, we have a proven head coach. Oregon doesn't. They've been recruiting at a way higher level than WSU the past four years and have lost to them every single time. You have to have both the talent and the coaching and Cristobal is unproven as a coach so it's stupid to pencil in Oregon as a top-dawg until Cristobal proves he's not another Clay Helton-type moron riding the back of a future NFL QB he didn't sign.
    You talk too much and contradict yourself. You’re the idiot you’re railing against.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I can’t stop myself from responding to this fuckery.

Utah was physically more capable than NW. Utah didn’t adjust and NW did. NW had an 11 point lead going into the 4th and that’s how it ended. There was no miracle finish. Utah got bitch slapped in the third quarter.

Whittingham got out coached.

The same thing is happening to you in this thread.

Stop being a dumb fuck and listen.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    lawsandl said:

You talk too much and contradict yourself. You’re the idiot you’re railing against.
    No contradictions man. That was a mic drop post. Thank you, come again.
  • Options
    DuckMayneDuckMayne Member Posts: 29
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Washington is going to be a powerhouse?!?!? What are you on? When is this going to happen?
  • Options
    edited August 2019

I think this only exists in your mind. Most people understand conference games are unpredictable; and no reasonable fan has Oregon penciled in for anything. You let the fringe bother you too much. The rest is conjecture, rationalized bias and emphasis on relatively unimportant points. P12 sucks until it doesn't, including Oregon. Keep it simple.

Edwards lost six games and lost to Fresno State in the LV Bowl. Kelly hasn't done shit and encore performances fail at least as often as they succeed. I'll wait that one out. Wilcox? 1/2 a team. Oregon handled them thoroughly.

Cristobal stepped into a shit show and went 9-4 and beat the conference champs. He was in every loss but one, arguably two. Utah "basically beat" Northwestern in a game they lost by 11? Then you gotta give MC the moral victory for Stanford - a game that unraveled in spectacular fashion at the very end. One play away from nailing the coffin.

Oregon got better, everybody knows it, and then he followed that with a great recruiting class. If these facts were happening at Washington there would be no shutting you up. Hang him for Arizona and WSU? Sure. No argument. But then don't come tell me "but Utah" who lost to a loser team that couldn't handle Akron at home and "6 loss Herm can coach". GTFO with that selective ass reasoning.

You just have a bias. No big deal; it's your thing.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019

I think this only exists in your mind. Most people understand conference games are unpredictable; and no reasonable fan has Oregon penciled in for anything. You let the fringe bother you too much. The rest is conjecture, rationalized bias and emphasis on relatively unimportant points. P12 sucks until it doesn't, including Oregon. Keep it simple.

Edwards lost six games and lost to Fresno State in the LV Bowl. Kelly hasn't done shit and encore performances fail at least as often as they succeed. I'll wait that one out. Wilcox? 1/2 a team. Oregon handled them thoroughly.

Cristobal stepped into a shit show and went 9-4 and beat the conference champs. He was in every loss but one, arguably two. Utah "basically beat" Northwestern in a game they lost by 11? Then you gotta give MC the moral victory for Stanford - a game that unraveled in spectacular fashion at the very end. One play away from nailing the coffin.

Oregon got better, everybody knows it, and then he followed that with a great recruiting class. If these facts were happening at Washington there would be no shutting you up. Hang him for Arizona and WSU? Sure. No argument. But then don't come tell me "but Utah" who lost to a loser team that couldn't handle Akron at home and "6 loss Herm can coach". GTFO with that selective ass reasoning.

There's about three of those on the Duck bored and Duckmayne and DJ aren't them.

• Options
    edited August 2019

lawsandl said:

It was a terrible post. As I just demonstrated. Usually the guy who drops the mic doesn't come back and tell the audience he dropped the mic. They know if it happened.

6-loss Herm can coach? Great.

Moral victories against Akron/Duke-loser Northwestern? Chalk it up.

Cal plays TUFF defense? Oregon laid 42 on them at Berkeley with their retard QB, and left another easy 14 on the table.

Oregon got better. Whether they'll get better again remains to be seen.

I'd worry less about the P12, which is verifiable dog shit right now, and worry more about whether Pete can beat the big boys in January. Because everybody knows those last two losses had some 4th quarter lipstick applied to make them a little less ugly.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019

And c'mon man 9-4? I heard Mario should be fired if he didn't go 9-3 regular season with their cupcake OOC, soft schedule, and talent already in the cupboard. I guess beating Worshington and a team with no offense in the Red Box Bowl make up for that. That's some serious little brother, "Sark beat #2 USC" if I ever heard it. You also can't shit all over the conference and Washington then turn around and use those wins to justify Mario being a good head coach.

I'm not sure Oregon can do better by replacing him but let's not pretend Mario has done anything to actually justify quooking about the future. LIPO is the best argument you can make.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

It was a terrible post. As I just demonstrated. Usually the guy who drops the mic doesn't come back and tell the audience he dropped the mic. They know if it happened.

6-loss Herm can coach? Great.

Moral victories against Akron/Duke-loser Northwestern? Chalk it up.

Cal plays TUFF defense? Oregon laid 42 on them at Berkeley with their retard QB, and left another easy 14 on the table.

Oregon got better. Whether they'll get better again remains to be seen.

I'd worry less about the P12, which is verifiable dog shit right now, and worry more about whether Pete can beat the big boys in January. Because everybody knows those last two losses had some 4th quarter lipstick applied to make them a little less ugly.
    The goalposts change with SAC constantly. The PAC is getting better because of coaching stability but coaching instability at Oregon doesn’t excuse losses @WSU and @Zona. This year will tell us a lot about Cristobal.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Per advanced metrics consensus Oregon was worse in 2018 than they were in 2017, not everyone puts stock in those metrics but interesting none the less
  • Options
    Peterman said:

Per advanced metrics consensus Oregon was worse in 2018 than they were in 2017, not everyone puts stock in those metrics but interesting none the less

I think they were but they totally changed their scheme on offense. This year is probably a good baseline for Cristobal.
  • Options

And c'mon man 9-4? I heard Mario should be fired if he didn't go 9-3 regular season with their cupcake OOC, soft schedule, and talent already in the cupboard. I guess beating Worshington and a team with no offense in the Red Box Bowl make up for that. That's some serious little brother, "Sark beat #2 USC" if I ever heard it. You also can't shit all over the conference and Washington then turn around and use those wins to justify Mario being a good head coach.

I'm not sure Oregon can do better by replacing him but let's not pretend Mario has done anything to actually justify quooking about the future. LIPO is the best argument you can make.
    I fear you missed the point of that point. That the conference is shit is simply a fact. I assume you don't want to burn any gas on that point.

I've got a guy here apologizing for Utah and their moral victories, and telling me Herm can coach. I've got the same guy telling me Cristobal has done nothing to show he can coach. Cristobal beat 6-loss Herm, and Pete and Wilcox, and has his own moral victory to waive around since we're apparently buying into those now. He had one, maybe two, shit shows during the season. He recruited lights out afterward.

It's not world beater material by any means, but he just fucking got there.

As I said, false binaries, selective rationalizations and emphasis on unimportant facts. We can lampoon Crisco all day for Arizona and WSU, but then every single other coach in the conference, including Pete, have some splaining to do about their own shit shows.

And just to clear this up: anybody who thinks Oregon is a lock for anything is fucking stupid. But is it quooking to say they're trending in a good direction? I don't think so. Fuck, Pete was 4th in the North in year 2. Oregon was objectively better last season, and the program had been in shambles. There were better in almost every phase, disciplinary shit like penalties improved and MC validated his rep as a good recruiter. Like I said to ballz: if these facts were happening at Washington in the same context, people here would be very excited and hopeful. I've no doubt about it.

Of course it's LIPO. What else could it be?