Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Huskies Fall Camp 2019 Recap Open Thread

Comments

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Lake:

“I guess in a best case scenario you’d always love to do that (redshirt freshman), but sometimes a freshman is the best player and he’s going to play. Some guys come in here wired the right way way and they’re already physically ready to go. Like a Taylor Rapp, and I’m glad we played Taylor Rapp because we got 3 years out of him.”

“He has picked up where he left off in spring. He knows the defense and knows the calls.”

On if he is surprised on Cam’s quick ascension:

“No. He came to our Redland’s camp and it was a magical 2 hours. Will Harris taught him some things and techniques, and 5 minutes later he’s doing it exactly like it was taught.”

This is incredible. During the recruiting process Lake raves about Cam Williams, and Cam says he has been told he’s coming in to take Rapp’s role. And by the end of spring the coaches can’t stop raving about him, and by the 3rd fall practice he is locked in as a starting safety and has essentially pushed McKinney aside. Looks like Lake only expects 3 years out of him if things go right.

Ooooohhh suck it so hard Oregon.

"Williams isn't a big loss because we got Criddell and he's better than him anyways" :D
    I hate myself for letting this suck me in. Cam Williams replacement is Jamal Hill.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited August 2019
    lawsandl said:

Lake:

“I guess in a best case scenario you’d always love to do that (redshirt freshman), but sometimes a freshman is the best player and he’s going to play. Some guys come in here wired the right way way and they’re already physically ready to go. Like a Taylor Rapp, and I’m glad we played Taylor Rapp because we got 3 years out of him.”

“He has picked up where he left off in spring. He knows the defense and knows the calls.”

“No. He came to our Redland’s camp and it was a magical 2 hours. Will Harris taught him some things and techniques, and 5 minutes later he’s doing it exactly like it was taught.”

This is incredible. During the recruiting process Lake raves about Cam Williams, and Cam says he has been told he’s coming in to take Rapp’s role. And by the end of spring the coaches can’t stop raving about him, and by the 3rd fall practice he is locked in as a starting safety and has essentially pushed McKinney aside. Looks like Lake only expects 3 years out of him if things go right.

"Williams isn't a big loss because we got Criddell and he's better than him anyways" :D
    I hate myself for letting this suck me in. Cam Williams replacement is Jamal Hill.
    Who? Oh yeah the kid with the worst high school film for a safety I've ever seen that Georgia didn't want.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

Lake:

Who? Oh yeah the kid with the worst high school film for a safety I've ever seen that Georgia didn't want.
    We’ll see.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Lake:

We’ll see.
    We sure will. Every year you have a DB your dumbass coaches over hype as a star Freshman who fails to live up to the hype. First it was Graham. Then it was Holland. Now it's Hill. Can Oregon at least put one DB on the 1st team All-Conference team before hyping up their mediocre DB's?
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Lake:

We’ll see.
    We sure will. Every year you have a DB your dumbass coaches over hype as a star Freshman who fails to live up to the hype. First it was Graham. Then it was Holland. Now it's Hill. Can Oregon at least put one DB on the 1st team All-Conference team before hyping up their mediocre DB's?
    How did Holland underperform? Nobody thought any of those dbs would be 1st team all conference. That being said, the kids that look like they see the field the most in the 2019 class are Hill and Pittman. Does that detract from Williams? No. Does that lessen the blow of losing him? Yes.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Lake:

We’ll see.
    How did Holland underperform? Nobody thought any of those dbs would be 1st team all conference. That being said, the kids that look like they see the field the most in the 2019 class are Hill and Pittman. Does that detract from Williams? No. Does that lessen the blow of losing him? Yes.

I didn't see Holland do much. Taylor Rapp was defensive Freshman of the year. He was deserving of early hype, not any of Oregon's Freshman DB's. And Hill is not an instinctual play maker on the ball like Williams is. He showed none of that in high school. Like I said, your dumb ass coaches have hyped up guys before who turned out to be JAGs. They can't be trusted this time either. There's a difference between being good and being the tallest midget. Jimmy Lake is the best in the business so when a true Freshman starts for us in the secondary we can feel pretty confident he's going to be really good. You can't.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Lake:

We’ll see.

I didn't see Holland do much. Taylor Rapp was defensive Freshman of the year. He was deserving of early hype, not any of Oregon's Freshman DB's. And Hill is not an instinctual play maker on the ball like Williams is. He showed none of that in high school. Like I said, your dumb ass coaches have hyped up guys before who turned out to be JAGs. They can't be trusted this time either. There's a difference between being good and being the tallest midget. Jimmy Lake is the best in the business so when a true Freshman starts for us in the secondary we can feel pretty confident he's going to be really good. You can't.
    This is my last post on this. I am not here to derail the thread. You’re being obtuse with the Holland comments. He played up to the hype. Also, you can’t determine shit about him from his film. There is all kinds of examples where kids don’t show a trait in high school that’s there when they show up. These are 3 to 7 minute clips hand selected by the recruit. Hill is working himself up the depth chart and making plays. At this point, which is way early, he is not a bust and most likely a future starter and potentially more.

I am sure Cam is a stud. It’s actually a good sign about evaluation for the ducks. They identified Cam well before anyone.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Lake:

We’ll see.

This is my last post on this. I am not here to derail the thread. You’re being obtuse with the Holland comments. He played up to the hype. Also, you can’t determine shit about him from his film. There is all kinds of examples where kids don’t show a trait in high school that’s there when they show up. These are 3 to 7 minute clips hand selected by the recruit. Hill is working himself up the depth chart and making plays. At this point, which is way early, he is not a bust and most likely a future starter and potentially more.

I am sure Cam is a stud. It’s actually a good sign about evaluation for the ducks. They identified Cam well before anyone.
    Fuck off and take it to the quook boared.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Got an email that says the season ticket holder exclusive scrimmage is going to be on Saturday the 17th.

Since that’s a week after the media loses access to practices, I’ll attend and do my best Caple/Vorel impression for the bored

#PremiumContent
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    NEsnake12 said:

Got an email that says the season ticket holder exclusive scrimmage is going to be on Saturday the 17th.

Since that’s a week after the media loses access to practices, I’ll attend and do my best Caple/Vorel impression for the bored

TYFYS
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Lol I told you guys Morris was fucking good. :D

Nobody wanted to believe it. Everybody hated Morris as a recruit and some wanted Cale Millen instead of him.

If this is a 100% open QB competition then by week 1 Eason should be the starter and Morris should be the back up.

Morris is Jake Fromm 2.0