Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Washington Huskies Fall Camp 2019 Recap Open Thread

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

godawgst said:

LPT said it feels like Gregory is trying to give Manu every chance to earn the job.

Pro tip Bob: he won’t. Move on.

They also said 3rd team OLB combo Latu and ZTF were the best looking pair of the day. 270 and 260 and both flashing.

John Clark, Manu and Bowman are 3 of 6 starters if season started today on D.

The defense rests on why this team isn't NC caliber.

Bob Gregory is having to start a guy who last year who as a junior could not even get in a two man rotation (BBK/Tevis) and spell one of them once conference play started.

Glad recruiting doesn't matter.
    Bowman is good and a worthy starter at SAM. Neither Manu nor Clark will end up starting.
    Dude clark is actually serviceable. Manu barely sniffs the fucking field
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

godawgst said:

LPT said it feels like Gregory is trying to give Manu every chance to earn the job.

They also said 3rd team OLB combo Latu and ZTF were the best looking pair of the day. 270 and 260 and both flashing.

Bob Gregory is having to start a guy who last year who as a junior could not even get in a two man rotation (BBK/Tevis) and spell one of them once conference play started.

Love the early camp overreactions every year. Matt James was gonna be our starter at RG too until Jaxson Kirkland took that job later in Fall camp. Clark and Manu are not starters. They are being given first team reps because of Seniority. That's it. Doubtful they perform well enough to remain on the first team by the end of camp. It might not be a bad thing Bowman will still be a starter. He's made some flashy plays here and there in his career. If he can become more consistent at doing that he could be good. We'll see.
    Based on what we’ve seen in the past I don’t know if I buy this one but I’ll play along.

How long does peterman play fuck fuck seniority games before the actual starter gets the majority of the first team reps?

Assuming we’re waiting for their replacements to be identified but IF they already know whose going to surpass them, why wait?

Clark and Manu are starters until they find better replacements. Shouldn’t almost anyone be better...

Are we saying the same?thing
    Because Petersen has this dumb ass philosophy and belief that his teams are always better off if he can get the absolute most out of his Senior class. This goes back to his time at Boise State where OF COURSE he needed his best players to be his Seniors because he wasn't recruiting elite talent that could come in and beat out his Seniors as Freshman. So no fucking shit his best teams at Boise were teams that were heavily veteran and had great Senior classes. Well this ain't fucking Boise anymore you retard. We don't need to bank on the off chances of Kyler Manu having some surprisingly good Senior season for this defense to be elite. All we need to do is put the elite talent on the fucking field and coach them up. It looks like Jackson Sirmon is next in line in the depth behind Manu right now and I fully expect him to be the starter if not by week 1, by week 2 for sure.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Eason got his reads down

Criminally underchinned. Most people here are too stoopid to make the subtle connect.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    coach Clark. Has a nice ring to it.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Gwad said:

Make A Wish winning the hearts and minds of his team mates.
    If Haener becomes the starter I am burning every piece of UW gear I own, taking a huge shit on my diploma, and becoming a fan of loser ass Virginia Tech.
    Probably the best gif placement ever. Top 10 for sure. "Loser ass VaTech" coupled with Beamer celebrating a 0 to 0 tie against shit ass Wake Forest is damn near gif placement perfection. Bravo Zulu.
    And to think I was a 13-seed. Thanks @Gladstone!

• Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,865
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

godawgst said:

I'm worried about our new defensive scheme if we only play 6 players on D.
    Yeah, but I bet we'll lead the nation in fewest penalties for too many men on the field.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,117
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Lake:

“I guess in a best case scenario you’d always love to do that (redshirt freshman), but sometimes a freshman is the best player and he’s going to play. Some guys come in here wired the right way way and they’re already physically ready to go. Like a Taylor Rapp, and I’m glad we played Taylor Rapp because we got 3 years out of him.”

“He has picked up where he left off in spring. He knows the defense and knows the calls.”

On if he is surprised on Cam’s quick ascension:

“No. He came to our Redland’s camp and it was a magical 2 hours. Will Harris taught him some things and techniques, and 5 minutes later he’s doing it exactly like it was taught.”

This is incredible. During the recruiting process Lake raves about Cam Williams, and Cam says he has been told he’s coming in to take Rapp’s role. And by the end of spring the coaches can’t stop raving about him, and by the 3rd fall practice he is locked in as a starting safety and has essentially pushed McKinney aside. Looks like Lake only expects 3 years out of him if things go right.

Its.
    So.
    Hord.
    Send a massage