Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cataclysmic

Comments

• Options
    Balls_DeepBalls_Deep Member Posts: 64
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tootoot.

Don't toy with me, it interrupts the grieving cycle.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Tootoot.

That was a thought but why would she add that part about signing day?

It's a 2020 kid
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

It better not be James Smith. He was CB’d to Oregon by two fucking people, care here this weekend, and seems like he might commit. He’s take Jackson’s spot, then add Hector/Covington/Esteen.

That isn’t cataclysmic. Covington committing isn’t cataclysmic. Esteen isn’t. Hector isn’t. Even Latu isn’t.

So this better be fucking Jordan Banks or JTT, or she is purposely trying to die on a hill just to piss off DDY and Coker since they called her out drive up subscriptions.

shocker.
    $10.95 please.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Maybe it's wrong but the only upcoming OV listed on banks' page is UW. Nothing scheduled for bama and he's already visited OU.

Maybe @LaMichael_Corleone was right when he said bama wasn't and wouldn't prioritize him. Would it really be that shocking if he committed before the season?
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dhdawg said:

Tootoot.

That was a thought but why would she add that part about signing day?

It's a 2020 kid
    IDK, maybe she wants him to play a full season before releasing any back stories. I was thinking his fiancee threatened to call of the wedding unless he transferred. I am reaching but I don't what else it would be.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Young DDJ read the Bible and went to Sunday School, and while I’m not claiming to be a Christian scholar I do know “cataclysmic” even back in the day it didn’t exactly have the most positive of connotations.

Cataclysm comes from Greek κατακλυσμός (kataklusmos), "deluge", from κλύζω (kluzo), "wash away, flood", and κατά- (kata-), "down". It refers to the flooding of all Earth, usually by endless rains and rising rivers, as it is told in the story of Noah's Ark in the book of Genesis in the Old Testament.

BTW, stories of great floods are told in almost all ancient civilizations...some that predate the Hebrew texts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_myth

If I’m to play devil’s advocate >:) (heh) here, one could (Obi Wan voice) from a certain point of view see the allegory of the flood (the cataclysmic event) as a positive as it purged the Earth of the wicked so humanity could make a fresh start. I’m sure that’s what Ruth in her ham fisted way meant.

Still, I didn’t appreciate how she attacked Coker when he rightfully pointed out that usage of the word has evolved and is now understood to mean disaster.

Either way, could any recruit have a “cataclysmic” effect on the program?

And she’s calling him out again. Asswipe