Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why even play the natty games? #2 Godfather Part II vs #4 The Big Lebwoski

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Why even play the natty games? #2 Godfather Part II vs #4 The Big Lebwoski 48 votes

#2 The Godfather Part II
70%
DerekJohnsonRaceBannonSwayewhlinderBennyBeaverRoadDawg55Dennis_DeYoungYouKnowItdnccreepycougchuckdfleaTequillabiak1PurpleThrobberDooglesBad_MotherDuckerGrundleStiltzkinCougzzhuskyhooligan 34 votes
#4 The Big Lebowksi
29%
jecornelPostGameOrangeSlicesPurpleBazeMad_SonGladstoneForeskinWalletDawgBleachedAnusDawgRDRJoeEDangerouslyUW_Doog_BotPawgDawg1to392831weretakendoublebraiddawgGDS 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    I think up until the natty this tournament has probably had the most in doubt outcomes thus far. Only one #1 seed won its bracket - i.e., Raider of the Lost Ark - and the others were won by #2, #4 and #3 seeds respectively. I had a feeling Godfather II would take down I and make it too the natty, but certainly this wasn't a forgone conclusion.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    How can this not be Full Metal Jacket vs GF2?

Y'all can fuck off, drink bleach, and DIAFF. I'm not voting. This, at least in my mind, invalidates the final and the whole gawd damned tournament.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    The title game was Godfather I vs II ... always how it was going to be

The rest had questionable outcomes and results
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    chuck said:

Y'all can fuck off, drink bleach, and DIAFF. I'm not voting. This, at least in my mind, invalidates the final and the whole gawd damned tournament.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    Tequilla said:

The title game was Godfather I vs II ... always how it was going to be

The rest had questionable outcomes and results

We are not in Soviet Russia (sorry @DerekJohnson ) and the will of the people gave us this natty game. Sure, there's always a little voter fraud with the alt armies and what not but it all kind of works out in the end.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II

chuck said:

STOp being a little bitch like Damoan and vote motherfucker.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II

chuck said:

And yet I keep coming back to this board. The battered wife syndrome is strong.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    chuck said:

chuck said:

FMJ had a hell of a run. They had to get through Apocalypse Now which I never thought would happen.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II

chuck said:

chuck said:

FMJ had a hell of a run. They had to get through Apocalypse Now which I never thought would happen.
    I dont remember that matchup. I would've voted for Apocalypse Now in that.

I'm not saying FMJ should win, or even that it should've made the finals, but Big Lebowski is a first or second round level flick in a tourney like this, not finals level. Fuck!
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    Overall this was a good tournament. The best movie ever is GFII.

That's how it came out here. I'm proud to have voted in all of them (I think).

You guys are fucking insane for your love of ROTLA and your complete stupidity regarding STAR WARS. But whatever.

Well done all of us. We picked the obvious thing.

Even though it may seem like it isn't much of an achievement, think of how many times the obvious and logical choice gets fucked up when it's put to committee. At least we can spell CAT collectively.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II

You guys are fucking insane for your love of ROTLA and your complete stupidity regarding STAR WARS. But whatever.

Even though it may seem like it isn't much of an achievement, think of how many times the obvious and logical choice gets fucked up when it's put to committee. At least we can spell CAT collectively.

Not so fast my fren...just wait until the upcoming TV show tournament @Dennis_DeYoung . No way Colombo is making it to the finals.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #2 The Godfather Part II

Not so fast my fren...just wait until the upcoming TV show tournament @Dennis_DeYoung . No way Colombo is making it to the finals.
    The fact that we got even 1 thing right is a fucking miracle.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    What kind of cunt would click on The Big Lebowski?

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,579
    #istandwithgladdy
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    I actually agree with DDY overall. I voted better than everyone, but I expect that and am self programmed to see only that. So, fuck off and die one and all. Decent job in the polls though.