Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why even play the natty games? #2 Godfather Part II vs #4 The Big Lebwoski

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 The Big Lebowksi
    Weird tourney for me, as I picked almost every single loser, yet my favorite movie of all time made the finals. And will apparently lose. FUFE, but I'm cool.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    #4 The Big Lebowksi
    chuck said:

I actually agree with DDY overall. I voted better than everyone, but I expect that and am self programmed to see only that. So, fuck off and die one and all. Decent job in the polls though.

You had by far the dumbest take in this tourney with your LOTR blasphemy.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    #2 The Godfather Part II

#istandwithgladdy

fuck off and vote you pussy
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    Gladstone said:

chuck said:

I actually agree with DDY overall. I voted better than everyone, but I expect that and am self programmed to see only that. So, fuck off and die one and all. Decent job in the polls though.

Not so Gladice. I'd happily hear why you think so and debate the matter if you care to.

Those might have been fine, mindless hollywood action flicks; actually I'll grant that. They were absolute betrayals of the source material though, and senselessly so.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    #4 The Big Lebowksi
    The debate is over. They are some of the most celebrated and beloved movies in history, sweeping the Oscars (only time in history) and smashing the box office. AFI Top 15 all time. IMDB #7. Considering the breadth and depth of the source material -- long called unfilmable -- for them to turn out as great as they did is borderline miraculous. Whether or not a few geriatric crustheads whine about change X or Y is wholly immaterial. They are borderline perfection, and in the case of the extended Two Towers, absolute perfection.

Say your piece if you must but I'm done here.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    chuck said:

Gladstone said:

chuck said:

Not so Gladice. I'd happily hear why you think so and debate the matter if you care to.

Those might have been fine, mindless hollywood action flicks; actually I'll grant that. They were absolute betrayals of the source material though, and senselessly so.
    I didn't read the books or watch the movies
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    Gladstone said:

The debate is over. They are some of the most celebrated and beloved movies in history, sweeping the Oscars (only time in history) and smashing the box office. AFI Top 15 all time. IMDB #7. Considering the breadth and depth of the source material -- long called unfilmable -- for them to turn out as great as they did is borderline miraculous. Whether or not a few geriatric crustheads whine about change X or Y is wholly immaterial. They are borderline perfection, and in the case of the extended Two Towers, absolute perfection.

Jeez is Peter Jackson your father?

Its not about change X or Y. It's about making movies based on books and failing to stay true to the very nature of the characters. It's about invented plot devices and stunts performed by empty characters speaking retarded lines that the screen writers made up just so simpleton moviegoers will be adequately spoon fed their entertainment.

Citing sales and bullshit accolades given by hollywood is a lazy argument and carries no weight whatsoever.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

chuck said:

I didn't read the books or watch the movies
    But you were there when he wrote them, right? You probably got the jist of it.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    I did have a friend in high school that was in our first group to get high with. He was a Lord of the Rings guy but also stoned out of his mind all the time
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II

I did have a friend in high school that was in our first group to get high with. He was a Lord of the Rings guy but also stoned out of his mind all the time

I'm not stoned ALL the time. Just when I'm being a geriatric crusthead on my porch with my LOTR books.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    This one was over before it started.

• Options
    #2 The Godfather Part II

Cold blooded murder I tell ya.

Thanks Dennis Erickson!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II

Cold blooded murder I tell ya.

Thanks Dennis Erickson!
    Of course he threw it. His cousin Dick was my daddy's row boat corch. Still the TUFFest looking coach UDub ever had in any sport.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    #2 The Godfather Part II

• Options
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    dnc said:
    Good hit. The Miami/FSU games, when they mattered, were some nasty physical hit fests. The Barrown hit on Vanover is up there with this one. Maybe worse.

I love my little gif for a couple of reasons - one, I'm old and actually remember that game. Two, the guy laying on the ground is Keith Jackson. For you youngins, KJ was an all world TE at Oklahoma and for the Eagles. He was also a big sum bitch, so it took a safety with big balls to hit him high. Bennie Blades was such a safety.

He's been a bit forgotten because Miami has had a slew of pro bowl safeties, and then Ed Reed and Sean Taylor eventually overshadowed him. He had it all - built like a linebacker and had Olympic Trial 400 meter speed. Could and would slobber knock the shit out of anybody, great against the run and was an awesome center fielder who intercepted a shit ton of passes.

He was also an extraordinary shit talker and intimidated people. Tim Brown shit his pants for four quarters looking for Bennie.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    #2 The Godfather Part II

dnc said:
    Good hit. The Miami/FSU games, when they mattered, were some nasty physical hit fests. The Barrown hit on Vanover is up there with this one. Maybe worse.

I love my little gif for a couple of reasons - one, I'm old and actually remember that game. Two, the guy laying on the ground is Keith Jackson. For you youngins, KJ was an all world TE at Oklahoma and for the Eagles. He was also a big sum bitch, so it took a safety with big balls to hit him high. Bennie Blades was such a safety.

He's been a bit forgotten because Miami has had a slew of pro bowl safeties, and then Ed Reed and Sean Taylor eventually overshadowed him. He had it all - built like a linebacker and had Olympic Trial 400 meter speed. Could and would slobber knock the shit out of anybody, great against the run and was an awesome center fielder who intercepted a shit ton of passes.

He was also an extraordinary shit talker and intimidated people. Tim Brown shit his pants for four quarters looking for Bennie.
    Bennie Blades was a stone cold killer.

Just like Brian.

Too soon?
  • Options
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    chuck said:

Gladstone said:

Jeez is Peter Jackson your father?

Its not about change X or Y. It's about making movies based on books and failing to stay true to the very nature of the characters. It's about invented plot devices and stunts performed by empty characters speaking retarded lines that the screen writers made up just so simpleton moviegoers will be adequately spoon fed their entertainment.

Citing sales and bullshit accolades given by hollywood is a lazy argument and carries no weight whatsoever.
    Imagine making movies to entertain moviegoers, win accolades and make bank.
  • Options
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    34 votes.

Sad!
  • Options
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Bennie Blades was a stone cold killer.

Just like Brian.

Too soon?
    Too cold son. Too cold and too soon.