Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why even play the natty games? #2 Godfather Part II vs #4 The Big Lebwoski

13»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II

34 votes.

Sad!

Hurtful. I know where you live Boov and I need a new hat!

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    #2 The Godfather Part II

34 votes.

Sad!

Hurtful. I know where you live Boov and I need a new hat!

• Options
    Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,310
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II

dnc said:
    Good hit. The Miami/FSU games, when they mattered, were some nasty physical hit fests. The Barrown hit on Vanover is up there with this one. Maybe worse.

I love my little gif for a couple of reasons - one, I'm old and actually remember that game. Two, the guy laying on the ground is Keith Jackson. For you youngins, KJ was an all world TE at Oklahoma and for the Eagles. He was also a big sum bitch, so it took a safety with big balls to hit him high. Bennie Blades was such a safety.

He's been a bit forgotten because Miami has had a slew of pro bowl safeties, and then Ed Reed and Sean Taylor eventually overshadowed him. He had it all - built like a linebacker and had Olympic Trial 400 meter speed. Could and would slobber knock the shit out of anybody, great against the run and was an awesome center fielder who intercepted a shit ton of passes.

He was also an extraordinary shit talker and intimidated people. Tim Brown shit his pants for four quarters looking for Bennie.
    IIRC wasn't Brian the one who told Irvin to cool his jets at a Miami club when Irvin was going to get his gat and scare some guys in the club? Brian told him those guys would kill him in a heartbeat cause he knew them from the hood. My memory of the 1st 30 for 30 on the U is hazy, so maybe @creepycoug can confirm
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    #2 The Godfather Part II

dnc said:
    Good hit. The Miami/FSU games, when they mattered, were some nasty physical hit fests. The Barrown hit on Vanover is up there with this one. Maybe worse.

I love my little gif for a couple of reasons - one, I'm old and actually remember that game. Two, the guy laying on the ground is Keith Jackson. For you youngins, KJ was an all world TE at Oklahoma and for the Eagles. He was also a big sum bitch, so it took a safety with big balls to hit him high. Bennie Blades was such a safety.

He's been a bit forgotten because Miami has had a slew of pro bowl safeties, and then Ed Reed and Sean Taylor eventually overshadowed him. He had it all - built like a linebacker and had Olympic Trial 400 meter speed. Could and would slobber knock the shit out of anybody, great against the run and was an awesome center fielder who intercepted a shit ton of passes.

He was also an extraordinary shit talker and intimidated people. Tim Brown shit his pants for four quarters looking for Bennie.
    IIRC wasn't Brian the one who told Irvin to cool his jets at a Miami club when Irvin was going to get his gat and scare some guys in the club? Brian told him those guys would kill him in a heartbeat cause he knew them from the hood. My memory of the 1st 30 for 30 on the U is hazy, so maybe @creepycoug can confirm
    I think that was Randall Hill.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #4 The Big Lebowksi
    I voted for Lebowski because I've never seen any of the Godfather movies.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II

dnc said:

Randall "Thrill" Hill

Solid nick name
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #4 The Big Lebowksi

I voted for Lebowski because I've never seen any of the Godfather movies.

Were you raised in a Russian orphanage? What's wrong with you?
    Chinned for orphanage.

3+ hour movies, man. I can't do it. The mob stuff and dramas also are not really my genre.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,966
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    chuck said:

chuck said:

How can this not be Full Metal Jacket vs GF2?

Y'all can fuck off, drink bleach, and DIAFF. I'm not voting. This, at least in my mind, invalidates the final and the whole gawd damned tournament.

And yet I keep coming back to this board. The battered wife syndrome is strong.
    ChuckHIV!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II

chuck said:

chuck said:

How can this not be Full Metal Jacket vs GF2?

Y'all can fuck off, drink bleach, and DIAFF. I'm not voting. This, at least in my mind, invalidates the final and the whole gawd damned tournament.

And yet I keep coming back to this board. The battered wife syndrome is strong.
    ChuckHIV!
    Fuck!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    #2 The Godfather Part II

dnc said:

Randall "Thrill" Hill

Solid nick name
    The author of this little move:

Dangerous receiver, and 1/2 of the famous "3rd and 43" against #1 Notre Dame.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    Soooooooo...who won? :)
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    #2 The Godfather Part II

Soooooooo...who won? :)

PGOS
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,073
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 The Godfather Part II
    I'm really still just bitter about blazing saddles.