Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trade wars are good and easy to win!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/452767-us-imports-to-china-plunge-amid-trade-war

US trade deficit with China increases

U.S. exports to China dropped sharply last month as the Trump administration and Beijing appear no closer to reaching a deal to end a months-long trade war that has affected billions of dollars' worth of goods.

The Associated Press reported Friday that Chinese imports from the U.S. were down 31.4 percent from the same time last year, while the country's surplus from trade with the U.S. grew by 3 percent. U.S. imports from China dropped by a far lower rate — down just 7.8 percent over last year.

Yeap, more and more indicators are pointing to recession in China. Fuck the CCP. I hope they get overthrown once they lose the mandate from heaven.
    The Chinese debt bubble is significant and they could have trouble ahead but replacing US Soybeans with Brazilian soybeans thereby dropping imports from the US isn’t an indication of an oncoming Chinese recession...

Except that luxury items, like iPhones, have also cratered.

Go look, I never said this wouldn't have negative impacts. I just consider the short term loss of soybean exports to be small and bearable compared to 1 trillion in losses from theft a year or a world dominated by the CCP.

Your crocodile tears for big ag are noted though.
    Got a link? Everything I have seen shows luxury goods into China still increasing albeit the growth is slowing.
    Komo4 butthuffer.
    Take that as a no. Got it
    Sorry, not sorry I don't provide links for faggots that won't read them anyways. I've already poasted around 50 links on the subject. Maybe PM @IrishDawg22 to get dialed in around here and report back.
    Lot of words to say you don’t have one
    Just for you.
     Chinese Imports Fall as Trade War Worsens
    Sharing your bookmarks I see instead of providing the requested link. Sad.
    Can you not do your own homework?

And then do the world a favor by killing yourself?
    It's Hard.

[Imports to China plunged 7.3 percent from a year earlier to USD 161.86 billion in June 2019, much worse than forecasts of a 4.5 percent drop, a further sign of weak domestic demand that could lead Beijing to add more stimulus. Purchases fell for: unwrought copper (-27.2 percent); iron ore (-9.7 percent); and soybeans (-25.1 percent) amid higher tariff on US cargoes and following outbreaks of African swine fever. By contrast, increases were seen in imports of crude oil (15.2 percent) and coal (6.4 percent). Among China's largest trade partners, imports fell from the US (-31.4 percent), South Korea (-21.9 percent), Taiwan (-7.4 percent) and Japan (-5 percent), but grew from the EU (8.6 percent), Australia (8.8 percent) and ASEAN (0.4 percent). Imports in China averaged 537.99 USD HML from 1981 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 1951.30 USD HML in September of 2018 and a record low of 13.88 USD HML in February of 1983.]
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/452767-us-imports-to-china-plunge-amid-trade-war

U.S. exports to China dropped sharply last month as the Trump administration and Beijing appear no closer to reaching a deal to end a months-long trade war that has affected billions of dollars' worth of goods.

The Associated Press reported Friday that Chinese imports from the U.S. were down 31.4 percent from the same time last year, while the country's surplus from trade with the U.S. grew by 3 percent. U.S. imports from China dropped by a far lower rate — down just 7.8 percent over last year.

Yeap, more and more indicators are pointing to recession in China. Fuck the CCP. I hope they get overthrown once they lose the mandate from heaven.
    The Chinese debt bubble is significant and they could have trouble ahead but replacing US Soybeans with Brazilian soybeans thereby dropping imports from the US isn’t an indication of an oncoming Chinese recession...

Go look, I never said this wouldn't have negative impacts. I just consider the short term loss of soybean exports to be small and bearable compared to 1 trillion in losses from theft a year or a world dominated by the CCP.

Got a link? Everything I have seen shows luxury goods into China still increasing albeit the growth is slowing.
    Komo4 butthuffer.
    Sorry, not sorry I don't provide links for faggots that won't read them anyways. I've already poasted around 50 links on the subject. Maybe PM @IrishDawg22 to get dialed in around here and report back.
    Just for you.

It's Hard.

[Imports to China plunged 7.3 percent from a year earlier to USD 161.86 billion in June 2019, much worse than forecasts of a 4.5 percent drop, a further sign of weak domestic demand that could lead Beijing to add more stimulus. Purchases fell for: unwrought copper (-27.2 percent); iron ore (-9.7 percent); and soybeans (-25.1 percent) amid higher tariff on US cargoes and following outbreaks of African swine fever. By contrast, increases were seen in imports of crude oil (15.2 percent) and coal (6.4 percent). Among China's largest trade partners, imports fell from the US (-31.4 percent), South Korea (-21.9 percent), Taiwan (-7.4 percent) and Japan (-5 percent), but grew from the EU (8.6 percent), Australia (8.8 percent) and ASEAN (0.4 percent). Imports in China averaged 537.99 USD HML from 1981 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 1951.30 USD HML in September of 2018 and a record low of 13.88 USD HML in February of 1983.]
    Which doesn't say what you claimed it did. shocker...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

Komo4 butthuffer.
    Just for you.

It's Hard.

Ah, I see you just want to be a salty cunt. Let me know when you start being able to use google.

[The cuts also come months after the company blamed a $5 billion to $9 billion revenue shortfall in the fourth quarter of 2018 on “lower than anticipated ” iPhone sales and demand in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong.]

[Apple's iPhone sales in China were down 30 percent during the first quarter of 2019, according to new shipment estimates shared today by Canalys.

Apple shipped an estimated 6.5 million iPhones during the quarter, marking its worst decline in two years. It shipped fewer smartphones in the country than Chinese vendors Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, and Huawei, coming in as the number five brand in China. ]

[In many cases, however, the impacted products have dropped by even more, including a 500 yuan ($74) price cut to the iPhone XS, marking a nearly 6 percent drop for the company’s latest flagship.

Along with an adjustment for tax rates, the drop is likely also due, in part, to a lagging demand for products like the iPhone in the world’s largest smartphone market. Early this year, Apple blamed lower than expected earnings on weak demand for the iPhone in China.]

Shocking that you'll double down and deny that this is indicative of a market trend. Good thing I already put that evidence above.
  • Options

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

Komo4 butthuffer.
    Just for you.

It's Hard.

Ah, I see you just want to be a salty cunt. Let me know when you start being able to use google.

[The cuts also come months after the company blamed a $5 billion to $9 billion revenue shortfall in the fourth quarter of 2018 on “lower than anticipated ” iPhone sales and demand in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong.]

[Apple's iPhone sales in China were down 30 percent during the first quarter of 2019, according to new shipment estimates shared today by Canalys.

Apple shipped an estimated 6.5 million iPhones during the quarter, marking its worst decline in two years. It shipped fewer smartphones in the country than Chinese vendors Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, and Huawei, coming in as the number five brand in China. ]

[In many cases, however, the impacted products have dropped by even more, including a 500 yuan ($74) price cut to the iPhone XS, marking a nearly 6 percent drop for the company’s latest flagship.

Along with an adjustment for tax rates, the drop is likely also due, in part, to a lagging demand for products like the iPhone in the world’s largest smartphone market. Early this year, Apple blamed lower than expected earnings on weak demand for the iPhone in China.]

Shocking that you'll double down and deny that this is indicative of a market trend. Good thing I already put that evidence above.
    Even your own link shows that the decline is due to consumer demand shifting to competitors products not due to an overall decline (or as you put it "cratered") in so called luxury goods. Hell the latest iphone isn't as popular in the US as previous incarnations.

Much of the current decline of imports into China can be attributed to reduced buying of iron ore which as you no doubt are aware can ebb and flow as the government wishes and a drop in soybeans which is partly due to the trade war and partly due to the swine flu epidemic which may see 40% of their pigs eventually culled.

Again - your own information doesn't say what you claimed it said...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

Komo4 butthuffer.
    Just for you.

It's Hard.

Even your own link shows that the decline is due to consumer demand shifting to competitors products not due to an overall decline (or as you put it "cratered") in so called luxury goods. Hell the latest iphone isn't as popular in the US as previous incarnations.

Much of the current decline of imports into China can be attributed to reduced buying of iron ore which as you no doubt are aware can ebb and flow as the government wishes and a drop in soybeans which is partly due to the trade war and partly due to the swine flu epidemic which may see 40% of their pigs eventually culled.

But but but...

I provided multiple data points that show 1)overall consumption is down 2)sales for a typical "luxury" item and status symbol in China are WAY down. I suppose you think demand for luxury items is up or constant despite two highly correlated data sets saying otherwise. Nevermind there are other companies facing similar problems. I'm sure Rolex is doing well since you can walk across the bridge into HK or Macau with a few on your wrist when the corruption purges begin. Go dig the numbers up and prove me wrong. It's up to you to prove those are anomalies and not part of a broader trend.

Odds are you are a lazy feckless cunt like Hondo who wants everything served to him and will still just quadruple down no matter what's poasted.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

Komo4 butthuffer.
    Just for you.

It's Hard.

But but but...

I provided multiple data points that show 1)overall consumption is down 2)sales for a typical "luxury" item and status symbol in China are WAY down. I suppose you think demand for luxury items is up or constant despite two highly correlated data sets saying otherwise. Nevermind there are other companies facing similar problems. I'm sure Rolex is doing well since you can walk across the bridge into HK or Macau with a few on your wrist when the corruption purges begin. Go dig the numbers up and prove me wrong. It's up to you to prove those are anomalies and not part of a broader trend.

Odds are you are a lazy feckless cunt like Hondo who wants everything served to him and will still just quadruple down no matter what's poasted.
    Overall consumption in China isn't down - not sure if you are talking luxury goods here or overall consumption but you have yet to provide data that shows either. You have provided data that shows demand for the iphone declining but Apple slipping from third to fifth in market share for smartphones sold in China isn't necessarily indicative of an overall decline in demand for luxury goods in China. It would be like me showing a link for luxury cometics sales from one brand booming in China and trying to claim that's somehow indicative of the entire luxury goods market. Hell, going back to smartphones, worldwide smartphone demand is declining because as they get more expensive people are hanging onto their smartphones longer.

You claimed that demand for luxury goods in China has cratered. If I had known that asking for a link to such a claim would devolve into a full on meltdown including posting your bookmark to a gay dating site I would have just ignored your claim. I was honestly curious for the source of your claim as everything I have seen shows luxury goods demand growth slowing but not a "cratering" of overall demand.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

Komo4 butthuffer.
    Just for you.

It's Hard.

But but but...

Overall consumption in China isn't down - not sure if you are talking luxury goods here or overall consumption but you have yet to provide data that shows either. You have provided data that shows demand for the iphone declining but Apple slipping from third to fifth in market share for smartphones sold in China isn't necessarily indicative of an overall decline in demand for luxury goods in China. It would be like me showing a link for luxury cometics sales from one brand booming in China and trying to claim that's somehow indicative of the entire luxury goods market. Hell, going back to smartphones, worldwide smartphone demand is declining because as they get more expensive people are hanging onto their smartphones longer.

You claimed that demand for luxury goods in China has cratered. If I had known that asking for a link to such a claim would devolve into a full on meltdown including posting your bookmark to a gay dating site I would have just ignored your claim. I was honestly curious for the source of your claim as everything I have seen shows luxury goods demand growth slowing but not a "cratering" of overall demand.

I mispoke. Imports. Not consumption. Best of luck the rest of the way!
  • Options

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

Komo4 butthuffer.
    Just for you.

It's Hard.

But but but...

I mispoke. Imports. Not consumption. Best of luck the rest of the way!
    Understood. Same to you.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment