Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trade wars are good and easy to win!

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dflea said:

Lots of tax lovers in this thread.

Not the usual crowd, either.

I lean on @UW_Doog_Bot and others for my international economis analysis, but it seems with China we are in a predicament. They need our markets, it seems pretty desperately, we need theirs, I think a little less desperately, but they hold our debt and thus can indirectly affect (or effect) our monetary policy.

There seems to be a little mutually assured destruction going on here Cold War style. Seems to be the time to lay some tuff lumber on the Chinese and make them play real capitalism with the ultimate capitalist big boy. If not now, when.

I'm not a Trump guy 75%+ of the time, but playing hardball with China seems worth a go. Of course it's going to be painful. Paying the price of gaining ground always hurts. I think it's more than IP theft; it's simply unfair trade. We have a much harder time competing in their markets than they do in ours. I know this for a fact because we? (my company) exports to China. We have teams of people just to deal with their layer upon layer of import agents. As I've said in another thread, things we take as blatant dishonesty here passes for routine business there. You either have a hammer to deal with that or you don't, and if not, you shut up and eat it. If you do, and I think we do, then you swing it. Vito Corleone style.

Who knew there was a Chinese market for plantains?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

I lean on @UW_Doog_Bot and others for my international economis analysis, but it seems with China we are in a predicament. They need our markets, it seems pretty desperately, we need theirs, I think a little less desperately, but they hold our debt and thus can indirectly affect (or effect) our monetary policy.

There seems to be a little mutually assured destruction going on here Cold War style. Seems to be the time to lay some tuff lumber on the Chinese and make them play real capitalism with the ultimate capitalist big boy. If not now, when.

I'm not a Trump guy 75%+ of the time, but playing hardball with China seems worth a go. Of course it's going to be painful. Paying the price of gaining ground always hurts. I think it's more than IP theft; it's simply unfair trade. We have a much harder time competing in their markets than they do in ours. I know this for a fact because we? (my company) exports to China. We have teams of people just to deal with their layer upon layer of import agents. As I've said in another thread, things we take as blatant dishonesty here passes for routine business there. You either have a hammer to deal with that or you don't, and if not, you shut up and eat it. If you do, and I think we do, then you swing it. Vito Corleone style.

Poont of clarity, they hold basically an insignificant amount of our debt. Fuck them. All of their strength comes from perception that they lean into heavily. Art of war basics.

Cut our markets off(like they do to us), Stop giving them "development" 0 real interest loans, and enforce the WTO/G20 trade rules and watch them crater like the Soviets in 89'.

High time to end the last real bastion of communism.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Great thread that even survived a Sledog attempt to fag it up.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,809
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Just asked him to explain his punt. Hardly faggy but you would have much more extensive knowledge on faggy things.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Just asked him to explain his punt. Hardly faggy but you would have much more extensive knowledge on faggy things.
    Your come backs are 3rd grade. Take a nap.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,809
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sledog said:

Still above your preschool attempts.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Well, I also have an Econ degree from UW, and I'm pretty certain that tariffs and trade restrictions are generally frowned upon because they lead to higher consumer prices, a net loss of jobs, and can escalate into really ugly shit that gets very costly - for consumers, not governments.

I know what cocks the Chinese are. They're straight up belligerent thieves, but do we really want to torpedo farmers and turn them into welfare cases to fight intellectual property theft? Stick it to aircraft manufacturers and other users of metals so that software companies can be protected?

Sounds like a whole lot of government interventionist bullshit and higher taxes disguised under the term "tariffs" to me. I'm selfish and I give a fuck about my prices more than this battle. Can we win this? Of course. But there's lots of battles you can win if you're behind raising taxes. Trade-warring with China just isn't my preferred battle.

Not a fan.
    You can’t gain ground against a sneaky opponent without sacrifice. Your Econ books would never teach you that. You’d need to read some history to figure that out.
    Shut up, ass face, unless you're going to dig into your history book and point out the trade war that didn't lead to higher consumer prices and lower employment. Was there a specific case you wanted to bring up or are you just being your typical smarmy cunt self?
    Continue to prove your family tree has no branches, inbred.

Did you fail English, too? Because you don’t seem to know what “sacrifice” means, you fucking dunce.

Get off your fat lazy ass once in awhile and break a sweat reading what was actually written, instead of spouting off Jerry Springer style, inbred.
  • Options
    dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Well, I also have an Econ degree from UW, and I'm pretty certain that tariffs and trade restrictions are generally frowned upon because they lead to higher consumer prices, a net loss of jobs, and can escalate into really ugly shit that gets very costly - for consumers, not governments.

I know what cocks the Chinese are. They're straight up belligerent thieves, but do we really want to torpedo farmers and turn them into welfare cases to fight intellectual property theft? Stick it to aircraft manufacturers and other users of metals so that software companies can be protected?

Sounds like a whole lot of government interventionist bullshit and higher taxes disguised under the term "tariffs" to me. I'm selfish and I give a fuck about my prices more than this battle. Can we win this? Of course. But there's lots of battles you can win if you're behind raising taxes. Trade-warring with China just isn't my preferred battle.

Not a fan.
    Tell us what the alternative is. Relying on the feckless G20? Maybe we should continue to allow the IMF to give China access to "development loans" so they can then sell arms to Iran with that money?
    Beyond my pay grade. It's beyond Trump's too, in case you haven't been paying attention. He thinks China is paying the tariffs.
    No fucking shit. What isn’t, inbred?
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

GDS said:

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/452767-us-imports-to-china-plunge-amid-trade-war

US trade deficit with China increases

U.S. exports to China dropped sharply last month as the Trump administration and Beijing appear no closer to reaching a deal to end a months-long trade war that has affected billions of dollars' worth of goods.

The Associated Press reported Friday that Chinese imports from the U.S. were down 31.4 percent from the same time last year, while the country's surplus from trade with the U.S. grew by 3 percent. U.S. imports from China dropped by a far lower rate — down just 7.8 percent over last year.

Yeap, more and more indicators are pointing to recession in China. Fuck the CCP. I hope they get overthrown once they lose the mandate from heaven.
    The Chinese debt bubble is significant and they could have trouble ahead but replacing US Soybeans with Brazilian soybeans thereby dropping imports from the US isn’t an indication of an oncoming Chinese recession...

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GDS said:

GDS said:

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/452767-us-imports-to-china-plunge-amid-trade-war

U.S. exports to China dropped sharply last month as the Trump administration and Beijing appear no closer to reaching a deal to end a months-long trade war that has affected billions of dollars' worth of goods.

The Associated Press reported Friday that Chinese imports from the U.S. were down 31.4 percent from the same time last year, while the country's surplus from trade with the U.S. grew by 3 percent. U.S. imports from China dropped by a far lower rate — down just 7.8 percent over last year.

Yeap, more and more indicators are pointing to recession in China. Fuck the CCP. I hope they get overthrown once they lose the mandate from heaven.
    The Chinese debt bubble is significant and they could have trouble ahead but replacing US Soybeans with Brazilian soybeans thereby dropping imports from the US isn’t an indication of an oncoming Chinese recession...

Except that luxury items, like iPhones, have also cratered.

Go look, I never said this wouldn't have negative impacts. I just consider the short term loss of soybean exports to be small and bearable compared to 1 trillion in losses from theft a year or a world dominated by the CCP.

Your crocodile tears for big ag are noted though.
  • Options

GDS said:

GDS said:

Go look, I never said this wouldn't have negative impacts. I just consider the short term loss of soybean exports to be small and bearable compared to 1 trillion in losses from theft a year or a world dominated by the CCP.

Got a link? Everything I have seen shows luxury goods into China still increasing albeit the growth is slowing.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Not really.
  • Options

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Not really.
    Rallying for Serve already?
  • Options

dflea said:

Who knew there was a Chinese market for plantains?
    Wait. You? didn't know this? We? did. Those millennial sop up ethnic food like it's life support.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019
    TurdEater said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Not a fan.
    You can’t gain ground against a sneaky opponent without sacrifice. Your Econ books would never teach you that. You’d need to read some history to figure that out.
    Shut up, ass face, unless you're going to dig into your history book and point out the trade war that didn't lead to higher consumer prices and lower employment. Was there a specific case you wanted to bring up or are you just being your typical smarmy cunt self?

Did you fail English, too? Because you don’t seem to know what “sacrifice” means, you fucking dunce.

Get off your fat lazy ass once in awhile and break a sweat reading what was actually written, instead of spouting off Jerry Springer style, inbred.
    Smarmy cunt, then. Just like always. Got it.

By "sacrifice" all you mean is you'll go to any length to suck Trump's cock because you love it so much. Suck it, bitch. Don't ask me to join you, faggot.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

Got a link? Everything I have seen shows luxury goods into China still increasing albeit the growth is slowing.
    Komo4 butthuffer.
  • Options
    dflea said:

TurdEater said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Not a fan.

By "sacrifice" all you mean is you'll go to any length to suck Trump's cock because you love it so much. Suck it, bitch. Don't ask me to join you, faggot.
    You sound jealous. And resentful. And cock-obsessed.

Gay? Closeted? Alone?
  • Options

GDS said:

GDS said:

GDS said:

Komo4 butthuffer.
    Take that as a no. Got it
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

TurdEater said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Not a fan.

Gay? Closeted? Alone?
    Jealous of you sucking dick?

No.

Have it all to yourself, champ.
  • Options
    dflea said:

dflea said:

TurdEater said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

Not a fan.

Gay? Closeted? Alone?
    Jealous of you sucking dick?

No.

Have it all to yourself, champ.
    There you go again with your dick-sucking obsession.

Your minds eye seems stuffed with dick pics.

Go down under the bridge and get it out of your system.