Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jackson LaDuke (3* ILB) commits to Oregon

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2019
    Oregon does have two punters...don’t ask me why. I think both are also on scholarship. They could get one to transfer
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Oregon doesn't have that much room left and the 4-star recruits quooks are hoping to get towards the end of the cycle are not coming to save their class. I expect 2-3 4-star decommits from the guys they have committed right now. They'll finish outside the top-25 in the final class rankings.

No more early playing time to sell. Kids want to see results now.

Let's keep it rolling baby! Jeffers is next. How are quooks gonna rationalize this class after talking all that shit about Mario being an elite recruiter and projecting top-10 classes every cycle?

Oregon will take 11 more minimum.
    Bullshit. They don't have the room! They've been over signing the last two classes and using the early enrollee loophole to do it. That has it's consequences on future classes and now they're feeling it. There's not a lot of guys on their roster that can be processed. They only have a Senior class of 11 or 12 guys. Who is gonna leave early for the NFL and who is gonna get cut from the team? It better be a lot of guys for Oregon to get to a class of 25. It's not happening.
    20 schollie seniors

2 juniors processed Kampmoyer and Poutasi will never see the field and they graduate.

2 leave early

2 transfer out.

There's not even close to that many scholarship Seniors on Oregon's roster. You're counting walk ons who aren't on scholarship dumb ass. Who specifically is leaving early? I don't see any Juniors good enough to leave early. Are those transfers gonna be wanted or unwanted? Would you trade Jonah T or Gemon Eaford for the 3-star projects Crisotbal is bringing in this class?
    QB - Herbert (1)

RB - None

TE - Breeland, Bay (2)

WR - Schooler, Johnson (2)

OL - Moore, Lemieux, Hanson, Warmack, Throckmorton, Throckmorton (6)

DL - Cumberlander, Baker, Carlberg, Young, Kava (5)

LB - Dye, Winston (2)

DB - Woods (1)

There’s 19. I counted Faoliu by accident.

I don’t see an extra year making Scott or Graham more desirable. Scott is graduated. Graham will soon be graduated. This will be 3 years starting and both won’t benefit much from a 4th year. Breakout seasons by Faoliu and Lenior could put them into consideration but not sure if they are on track fo graduate. I hope all 4 stick around.

The candidates likely to medically retire - Poutasi, Stack

Candidates on the chopping block -
    Breeze, Kampmoyer

I am most concerned about Andrew Johnson transferring. He is buried in the depth chart due to still not being 100% and he’s from GA.

Oh my god dude, Scott and Graham? Are you serious? Those are not early entry NFL guys. Scott is too short and fat. Graham gives up too many big plays because he's short and slow. Those guys would go undrafted if they left early. Why would Breeze get cut? He has played some games and plays special teams and shit. Wishful thinking on your part. How is Johnson buried? He just got there a year ago and Oregon doesn't have a lot of ILB depth. Perhaps he's just tired of living in Eugene and is "homesick". Why would your starting kicker Adam Stack medically retire? He played through his injury last season. Obviously it wasn't serious enough to warrant a medical retirement. Probably just a muscle strain. If Oregon had someone capable behind him why didn't they play him when Stack got injured? And Ryan Bay is a walk on. So it's 18. Long ways to go to get from 18 to 26. I don't see it.
    Scott and Graham will not grow taller with an additional year and they’re graduating with 3 years starting under their belt. If they don’t have it, they never will. Personally I think your bias against Graham is clouding your judgment.

Breeze was moved from safety to OLB back to safety. I just don’t see it happening for him. He is a tweener. I would love to be wrong.

Johnson for whatever reason isn’t 100% and he was a Leavitt guy. His recruitment was very tied to Leavitt. I am not saying he leaves but he is the biggest risk in my estimation. Also, he played OLB this past spring. Mathis and Eaford were working with the twos. Dye, ISM and Niu were rotating with the ones. The depth there is actually good.

Davis should be a bigger risk moving to cb but he seems want to stick it out.

Stack is perpetually injured.

Bay was awarded a schollie in 2018.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Watching don pellum run a train on Oregon is going to be equally hilarious to when Randy Hart was kicking UWs ass at Stanford
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    "Oregon has done a great job to lock in a lot of the class early this cycle, allowing the Ducks to focus on filling the final few holes in the class. As we’ve been saying for a while now, the 2020 class is going to be smaller than past years as the Ducks are already up against the 85 scholarship limit and only will graduate somewhere around 18 to 20 from the roster this season. I don’t think there’s an “exact” number in this class but I’d guess it’ll be anywhere from 20-23 prospects, depending on who those last prospects are. It’s fully possible that the ducks will head into the season with only a handful of spots remaining, mostly reserved for top targets who are waiting until later in the fall or winter to make their decisions." Eric Skopil, Quook Territory

Graham and Scott are not good enough to be early entry NFL guys you fucking quook! Both need as much time as possible to get better and that means staying for their Senior seasons. Both will pretend it's because they have "unfinished business", but really it's because they'll get late round to UDFA grades back from the league office after this season.

Like I said, there's no reason for Breeze or Stack to be cut. Both are contributors and Stack was your starting kicker last season. He's not getting cut.

Walk ons are awarded temporary scholarships on a year-to-year basis. Bay was likely awarded a scholarship for the 2018-19 academic year but that scholarship will no doubt go to one of the true Freshman that has arrived on campus.
  • Options

Watching don pellum run a train on Oregon is going to be equally hilarious to when Randy Hart was kicking UWs ass at Stanford

I have no idea what they’re doing at UCLA. Pellum does have 2 of the 4 commits in their class. Both 83 composite players with a long list of G5 offers.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    lawsandl said:

I have no idea what they’re doing at UCLA. Pellum does have 2 of the 4 commits in their class. Both 83 composite players with a long list of G5 offers.
    I was referring to the actual game of football, not the fashion show and coffee cup Olympics.
  • Options

"Oregon has done a great job to lock in a lot of the class early this cycle, allowing the Ducks to focus on filling the final few holes in the class. As we’ve been saying for a while now, the 2020 class is going to be smaller than past years as the Ducks are already up against the 85 scholarship limit and only will graduate somewhere around 18 to 20 from the roster this season. I don’t think there’s an “exact” number in this class but I’d guess it’ll be anywhere from 20-23 prospects, depending on who those last prospects are. It’s fully possible that the ducks will head into the season with only a handful of spots remaining, mostly reserved for top targets who are waiting until later in the fall or winter to make their decisions." Eric Skopil, Quook Territory

Graham and Scott are not good enough to be early entry NFL guys you fucking quook! Both need as much time as possible to get better and that means staying for their Senior seasons. Both will pretend it's because they have "unfinished business", but really it's because they'll get late round to UDFA grades back from the league office after this season.

Like I said, there's no reason for Breeze or Stack to be cut. Both are contributors and Stack was your starting kicker last season. He's not getting cut.

Walk ons are awarded temporary scholarships on a year-to-year basis. Bay was likely awarded a scholarship for the 2018-19 academic year but that scholarship will no doubt go to one of the true Freshman that has arrived on campus.

Stack didn’t kick all spring. He can’t get right and they recruited another scholarship kicker. They’re going to medically retire him. It doesn’t take much to read between the lines here. He was never good and they’ve taken two walk on the past two classes. It’s painfully obvious they’re looking for an answer not named Stack.

Breeze didn’t play many meaningful snaps except on special teams. In fact, his role reduced last year. That’s not a good trend. I would love to see an Oregon kid break into the rotation but it’s not likely. Pickett’s main challenger is Hailassie and Holland is going no where. He will be lucky to be the fourth at any time in his career. The reality is one of Stephens, Bridges or Hill will pass him up.

Back to Scott and Graham, what’s Scott going to do? He graduated this spring going into his true Junior year. He wasn’t that aggressive thinking he’d stay for four years. I’d love to have him for a fourth. If I had my druthers they’d stay. Kids leave early all the time to be an UDFA.

There is no way this class is less than 24. That is the minimum. Cristobal knows aggressive sec style roster management. It’s the only way to compete. Saban always makes the numbers works, so will Cristobal.

Btw, I don’t pay to listen to Skopil at 247. What a waste of money.

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I didn’t read all the shit in this thread, I’m just glad this site has a talent evaluator like Ballz and some duck perspective from some grade A stiffs.

Bring back mossster, the middle school gym teacher, at least he put up a fight.

I really miss being young and being able to drugs.

I mean, we officially have a Bothell grad who doesn't know the definition of holding telling us? all the ills of Oregon football and Crystalball.

In hindsight, it might be time for Stalin to send this gulag deeper into Siberia.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Oregon doesn't have that much room left and the 4-star recruits quooks are hoping to get towards the end of the cycle are not coming to save their class. I expect 2-3 4-star decommits from the guys they have committed right now. They'll finish outside the top-25 in the final class rankings.

Let's keep it rolling baby! Jeffers is next. How are quooks gonna rationalize this class after talking all that shit about Mario being an elite recruiter and projecting top-10 classes every cycle?

Bullshit. They don't have the room! They've been over signing the last two classes and using the early enrollee loophole to do it. That has it's consequences on future classes and now they're feeling it. There's not a lot of guys on their roster that can be processed. They only have a Senior class of 11 or 12 guys. Who is gonna leave early for the NFL and who is gonna get cut from the team? It better be a lot of guys for Oregon to get to a class of 25. It's not happening.
    20 schollie seniors

2 juniors processed Kampmoyer and Poutasi will never see the field and they graduate.

2 leave early

2 transfer out.

There's not even close to that many scholarship Seniors on Oregon's roster. You're counting walk ons who aren't on scholarship dumb ass. Who specifically is leaving early? I don't see any Juniors good enough to leave early. Are those transfers gonna be wanted or unwanted? Would you trade Jonah T or Gemon Eaford for the 3-star projects Crisotbal is bringing in this class?
    QB - Herbert (1)

RB - None

TE - Breeland, Bay (2)

LB - Dye, Winston (2)

DB - Woods (1)

I don’t see an extra year making Scott or Graham more desirable. Scott is graduated. Graham will soon be graduated. This will be 3 years starting and both won’t benefit much from a 4th year. Breakout seasons by Faoliu and Lenior could put them into consideration but not sure if they are on track fo graduate. I hope all 4 stick around.

Breeze, Kampmoyer

I am most concerned about Andrew Johnson transferring. He is buried in the depth chart due to still not being 100% and he’s from GA.

Oh my god dude, Scott and Graham? Are you serious? Those are not early entry NFL guys. Scott is too short and fat. Graham gives up too many big plays because he's short and slow. Those guys would go undrafted if they left early. Why would Breeze get cut? He has played some games and plays special teams and shit. Wishful thinking on your part. How is Johnson buried? He just got there a year ago and Oregon doesn't have a lot of ILB depth. Perhaps he's just tired of living in Eugene and is "homesick". Why would your starting kicker Adam Stack medically retire? He played through his injury last season. Obviously it wasn't serious enough to warrant a medical retirement. Probably just a muscle strain. If Oregon had someone capable behind him why didn't they play him when Stack got injured? And Ryan Bay is a walk on. So it's 18. Long ways to go to get from 18 to 26. I don't see it.
    Scott and Graham will not grow taller with an additional year and they’re graduating with 3 years starting under their belt. If they don’t have it, they never will. Personally I think your bias against Graham is clouding your judgment.

Breeze was moved from safety to OLB back to safety. I just don’t see it happening for him. He is a tweener. I would love to be wrong.

Johnson for whatever reason isn’t 100% and he was a Leavitt guy. His recruitment was very tied to Leavitt. I am not saying he leaves but he is the biggest risk in my estimation. Also, he played OLB this past spring. Mathis and Eaford were working with the twos. Dye, ISM and Niu were rotating with the ones. The depth there is actually good.

Graham was much better last season. He was a liability before. That said, he's not an NFL corner.

Where ballz is offbase is on Lenoir, who is solid with good size and speed. Graham is short and has physical limitations. Yeah, he's not going to grow, but I would imagine he is aware that he's likely not going to be drafted and would thus want to stick around and finish things at Oregon. It's his best move.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

20 schollie seniors

2 leave early

2 transfer out.

QB - Herbert (1)

RB - None

TE - Breeland, Bay (2)

LB - Dye, Winston (2)

DB - Woods (1)

Breeze, Kampmoyer

Graham was much better last season. He was a liability before. That said, he's not an NFL corner.

Where ballz is offbase is on Lenoir, who is solid with good size and speed. Graham is short and has physical limitations. Yeah, he's not going to grow, but I would imagine he is aware that he's likely not going to be drafted and would thus want to stick around and finish things at Oregon. It's his best move.
    Graham was an EE and will graduate in fall. That’s the case for both Scott and him. Lenior and Faliou might be better prospects long term. Also, Graham runs the risk with Wright and Lenior taking away snaps. Wright is a phenom. That kid is a dude already.

The one thing that gives me pause is Grahams biggest issue is he’s overly aggressive. People blame his foot speed but I see it as him biting too hard. He seemed to greatly improve towards the end of the year. He think he’s poised to breakout.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    HAHAHAHAHAH Oregon fucking sucks! Enjoy a class of 20-22 guys and 80% of them being 3-stars! WE JUST GOT JALEN FUCKING MCMILLAN!!!! FUCK YEEEAAAHHHHHH BITCH!!! Keep scraping up those HIDDEN GEMS while we take all the ELITE TALENT!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

20 schollie seniors

2 leave early

2 transfer out.

QB - Herbert (1)

RB - None

TE - Breeland, Bay (2)

LB - Dye, Winston (2)

DB - Woods (1)

Breeze, Kampmoyer

Brian Kelly approves this count
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It'd be a lot cooler if the name was LaJackson LaDuke
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

Jackson LaDuke (3* ILB) commits to Oregon

That sounds like a made the hell up name. Like a Lifetime Movie villain.

81% chance he beats his wife one day. IF he exists, of course
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

20 schollie seniors

2 leave early

2 transfer out.

QB - Herbert (1)

RB - None

TE - Breeland, Bay (2)

LB - Dye, Winston (2)

DB - Woods (1)

Breeze, Kampmoyer

If yore chinsinuating that Brady Aiello and Calvin Throckmorton don't look exactly like every other white person, I'm out.
  • Options

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

20 schollie seniors

2 leave early

2 transfer out.

QB - Herbert (1)

RB - None

TE - Breeland, Bay (2)

LB - Dye, Winston (2)

DB - Woods (1)

Breeze, Kampmoyer

If yore chinsinuating that Brady Aiello and Calvin Throckmorton don't look exactly like every other white person, I'm out.
    Yes, I was just going to poast that Aiello is the missing one. We have 18 senior schollie player not counting Bay and 19 with 86 schollies with Bay.
  • Options

HAHAHAHAHAH Oregon fucking sucks! Enjoy a class of 20-22 guys and 80% of them being 3-stars! WE JUST GOT JALEN FUCKING MCMILLAN!!!! FUCK YEEEAAAHHHHHH BITCH!!! Keep scraping up those HIDDEN GEMS while we take all the ELITE TALENT!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

Good job. You reeled him in.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    edited June 2019
    Christ if Oregon has 19 seniors they will sign AT LEAST 25.

19 seniors is a massive class.